RiqueXinw:
Okay I just watched episode 1 of Bokura no Micro na Shuumatsu and I am hooked. I am probably going to just watch it all in one go because that first episode is chefs kiss.

Although I'm not at all an apocalyptic sci-fi person, I loved that one, most of all because of the four main fascinating characters (flaws and all) and how the bonds between them quickly develop under these strange circumstances. It also has some of the most graphic NC scenes I've seen in any BL - and yet not just for lurid appeal (*cough cough* "Playboyy" *cough cough*) but rather authentic and with a real dramatic purpose.

p43425:

Although I'm not at all an apocalyptic sci-fi person, I loved that one, most of all because of the four main fascinating characters (flaws and all) and how the bonds between them quickly develop under these strange circumstances. It also has some of the most graphic NC scenes I've seen in any BL - and yet not just for lurid appeal (*cough cough* "Playboyy" *cough cough*) but rather authentic and with a real dramatic purpose.

For the life of me, I can’t remember the NC scenes, but I did write this in my notes lmao

“good but also had a shitty mc, only the end of the word was a worthy occasion to forgive him, nsfw scenes too noisy too much, cool premise, great acting”

axdxex:
good but also had a shitty mc

Yes, Ritsu was a deeply flawed character (that's first and foremost who I was referring to with "flaws and all"), but I think it was done in a way which made him interesting. At least for me.

Bokura no Micro na Shuumatsu

Production 2/2

Writing 2/2

Acting 2/2

Intimacy 2/2 (shocking for a J-BL)

Music 1/1

Special 10 Scene...............1/1

Total rating score 10/10

Let me be as brief as possible:

The cinematography was beautifully done. I loved all the shots especially the rain scene in an early episode (can't remember which one) as well as the nature shots at the river. The NC scenes were beautifully shot and they had life to them; loved how raw and authentic they were. Those NC scenes held so much emotion in them that they felt real in a way that when Ritsu broke Matsumi's heart you could feel the pain in waves. This is very uncharacteristic of a Japanese BL and I am glad this series stepped out of that mould where intimacy is concerned. I had three 10 star scenes; the first was the scene where they were all sitting around the camp fire and Yuma, Meguru and Matsumi were crying out to the sky in hopes of destroying the meteor. This scene symbolises so much about hope. Hope can be a double edged sword; it can give you the drive to keep going and it can be a painful lie that keeps one in their suffering. The other scene is where Matsumi stops Ritsu from committing suicide. When Matsumi was screaming at him all I could see was Matsumi giving him a reason to live as if he was saying, "You don't get to die! Live for me! Take responsibility for the hurt you caused me and spend the remaining days we have on earth doing right by me and let me get to love you how I wanted to all those years ago when you denied yourself and myself that love." Finally the last 10 scene is at the river when Ritsu and Matsumi get back together; that whole dialogue was just so touching and deep. I also love how they kissed there; it was so light and innocent as if what they had in that moment was so precious and fragile a clear contrast to the lust they had in the beginning. I am glad the director opted for that light kiss as opposed to a deep one. 

Ritsu's character was flawed and beautiful. I am glad he had cracks because that way the light can shine through. After I got over the initial hate for him I realised that there must be some deeper rooted issues that has caused him to use sex and his awful behaviour as a mechanism designed to protect himself. Earlier on in the series he said something about always putting one self interest first and that spoke to his demons. 

I hope there will be a season 2 especially with that beautifully crafted ending and I see so much more room to explore Ritsu's character and their relationship as well as other parts of the story; especially Yuma's abilities.

I clearly don't know the meaning of the word brief lolll.

RiqueXinw:
I clearly don't know the meaning of the word brief

That's OK - I like it when other members share their enthusiasm!

He’s here! We finally have a Nakhun! (For anyone following the production of Love Upon A Time) IG & X is (JJ_RCP) 

p43425:
So, I watched yesterday's special episode of "You Are Mine" (Gaga - added to the end as "Episode 11"). While I didn't love the main series quite as much as VBL sister productions "Stay By My Side" and "VIP Only", it was still a decent series - and now it's nice to get the closure of various open questions that were left from the final episode of the main series. It was a bit confusing in the opening scene because the hair styles (for both Shun Yu and Shang Zhou) were so different - I hardly recognised them at first! Anyways, it was a nice special episode

In contrast to last Friday's special episode of "You Are Mine", which gave needed closure, today's special episode of "VIP Only" was basically just  an extra 28 minutes of fluff, without any real story purpose. Gu Jing, now clean shaven and with his hair less short, looked so different that I struggled to convince myself that it's the same actor (Stan Huang). It should also be noted that the couple from "You Are Mine" are integrated into this episode, so while it's not essential to have seen the series, that's where the other couple are from.

In other words, while I liked the series "VIP Only" much more than "You Are Mine", I can't say the same for the special episodes.

p43425:
"Kare no Iru Seikatsu" ("Living With Him") is a slow burn, and from the tags I've assumed from the start that it'll probably end as a bromance rather than BL. Nonetheless, I love it, not least because I'm in love with not just one but both protagonists.

Today's Episode 6 continues to be a slow burn, with a bit more backstory but not a whole lot of development. Yes, I'm still in love with both protagonists/actors and continue to call dibs.

p43425:
In other words, while I liked the series "VIP Only" much more than "You Are Mine", I can't say the same for the special episodes.

Agreed. The "You Are Mine" special was like a mini story in itself. This one was a bit more like an update/epilogue on how their life is going. I wish they would have actually had Gu Jing meet Liu Li's parents. On the other hand, I still smiled like an idiot through this episode, it was adorable. 

(Stan Huang actually did promos for VIP Only without the beard, so I got used to it, but he does look like 2 different people lol)

thatonewhothrives:

Wait hia??? That person's a boy??? 

Yeah...

I have really been bad at replying to these post, sorry

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Yesss Hia u rock XD

Thank you!

axdxex:
Yes! This anime was really good! The ending IS graphic, but it works lol

It works indeed, it would be unbecoming of us fans to not appreciate the artistic genius of those scenes :) I am so full of it lollll

Light L:
any other suggestions for anime bl? animes that have a good story i usually watch bl series and movies, so i dont have an idea about anime bls

This is actually the first time I have ever watched an anime of any sort, so I have no recs.

p43425:
That's OK - I like it when other members share their enthusiasm!

Don't encourage me now lolll

I am fighting every temptation there is to not go and dive right into My Stand-in because the clips on social media are killing me!!!

RiqueXinw:

I am fighting every temptation there is to not go and dive right into My Stand-in because the clips on social media are killing me!!!

Patience, patience, young one...