It sounds like they don't have to translate, already done.  

That said,  my view is that while I very much appreciate the effort of the volunteers involved, the Viki translations are done under a lot of time pressure, and by amateurs, and at times it really shows.

I also really hate the fact on principle that Viki don't pay their translators!

That said, the Viki team certainly made a great job  on  making these shows accessible, and do an especially good job when it comes to to things like explaining some of  cultural context, jokes and references, which some other subtitlers (such as Netflix) annoyingly tend to just ignore (or assume Westerners won't get) altogether.

But there are certainly mistakes, albeit mostly minor, in Viki's s1 subtitles (such as missing context such as translating references to Princess Royal as to 'his majesty' etc etc).   The issue for me though is not really about mistakes, more about the fluency of the translation, and personally I'm finding the versions on the Special Edition a bit of an improvement in terms of terminology Westerners are more used to (and at times just sticking to the chinese is a better option).  

There are also a lot of minor things - when Fan Xian comments on Guo Bao's poem for example, the Viki trans is 'The intonation is wrong', which seems to be technically correct, but  unenlightening to me at least.  The SE version makes it clear saying 'The falling and rising tones don't match', which  now that I know something about Chinese poetry rules, is very clear.  Similarly, the translations of the poems seem better (though translation of poems is incredibly difficult and controversial I know!) - the Du Fu poem in the SE version for example makes the lines rhyme (not quite managing the original pattern, but at least hinting at it), which I really like, and also is worded in a way that makes the reasons for which lines were assigned to which speakers a bit more obvious (the most obvious being the Emperor ...alone on this height) - though I have to admit that it maybe just rewatching that scene another time I realised the significance of the various assignments more!

can someone enlighten me all the new new casts? 

Do we have to wait again for Season 3?

Xtinew:

Do we have to wait again for Season 3?

Yes script 3 not finished but screenwriter said it won't take 5 yrs 

@kateoz, "Falling" and "Rising" Tones are 2 of the 4 intonations, so feels like the translation is accurate.

My point was that just saying the intonations are wrong doesn't convey what FX was trying to say, namely that the poem failed to follow the rules for tonal patterns in regulated verse. 

Arbaz Akhtar:

Yes script 3 not finished but screenwriter said it won't take 5 yrs 

which means it could take 6 years

An chuxia:

which means it could take 6 years

M fine with it as long as wang Juan gives us s2 nd s3 of sword snow stride in btw those 6 years of wait for JOL...... ?

Arbaz Akhtar:

M fine with it as long as wang Juan gives us s2 nd s3 of sword snow stride in btw those 6 years of wait for JOL...... ?

SSS is another great series that indeed misses the following seasons.  Another one that deserves other season is Fights  Break Sphere.   However, JOL will hopefully take much less than six years.   Since they already have the plans we'll hopefully have the next season in less than three years. 

Arbaz Akhtar:

Yeah we know jol won't take that much time now haha I was just daydreaming of getting sss sequels... 

ND regarding battle through the heavens if you had reads its manhua or LN then you won't be saying that fight break sphere is good like rn... Bcoz it's inferior to manhua nd novel in terms of storyline /character adaptation... they changed mls characteristics. (although for people who haven't read its source they will still like Leo wu version btth) 

Same case with the other two stories from same verse The great ruler and   Martial Movement upheaval ( Martial Universe series name)... They truly ruined one of the greatest cultivation story franchises by China. Hopefully they haven't yet touched the direct sequel to these three stories THE HEAVEN'S LIST YET 

Fishing for some views in this excellent and dedicated thread, I came across this beautiful poster :

And now we can start putting names on these characters...   :-)

To help finding who is who, here is a version with numbers of the 33 selected for this poster (the horizontal poster has about 15 more or so, btw, but this poster has the names in Chinese characters on the side, for many, so the challenge to give them their proper names is not that difficult.

Frost_edelweiss:

To help finding who is who, here is a version with numbers of the 33 selected for this poster (the horizontal poster has about 15 more or so, btw, but this poster has the names in Chinese characters on the side, for many, so the challenge to give them their proper names is not that difficult.

1. Wuzhu , 5. Haitang Duoduo. 7. Liu Ruyu, 8. Fan Jian 9. Li Wan Er 10.Li Yunrui 11. Lin Ruofu 12. The Empress 13. Emperor 13.5 (xx) Chen Pingping 14. Fan Xian 15. Fan Sizhi 16. Fan Ruoruo 17. Consort Yi 18. Li Chengru, Eldest prince 19. Eldest Princess of Bei Qi 20. Ye Ling'er 21. second prince, Li Chengze 22. crown prince, Li Chengyu 23. Li Chengping, Third prince 24. Yuan Meng 25. Sang Wen 26. He Zongwei 27. Guo Baokun 28. Deng Ziyue 29. Wang Qinian 30. Ba Ba 31. Madame Wang 32. Yan Bingyun 33. Yan Ruohai

2,3,4,6 i dont know because they have not appeared yet.  but no.2 should be grandmaster Ye Liuyun.

no.4 perhaps fan xian's granny?

the horizontal poster is more complete, there are over 50 characters, but this one is more artistic.

No 4 doesn't look like FX's granny.  Don't see her in the poster