QAS
Jan 8, 2017
I watched every episode until #20, but the erratic mood swings of Wei Wei and Yi Du, made me feel restless and listless. I switched to watching every five episodes until I reached the end of the line. The cast did a very good acting job.

Wei Wei acted like a childish teenager, as she kept pursuing Yi Du, even though he treated her shabbily. Yi Du was so trusting of his read more friend, who was his mortal enemy, yet he distrusted Wei Wei frequently, that I wanted to slap his head.

Huo Xiao began to act needy and manipulative, which made me unsympathetic toward him. Mo Fan irritated me constantly with his distorted revenge plot. Some of the supporting characters were too melodramatic. At the end, Mo Fan went to jail for his criminal acts, but Yi Du was too forgiving. He treated Wei Wei much worse, especially dumping her in some rural area, with no cell phone or money.

Joe Chen and Wang Kai looked pretty as Wei Wei and Yi Du, but their characters were not endearing. Zhang Duo is attractive, but I could not tolerate his character, Mo Fan. Derek Chang was my favorite cast member. His character, Leo, seemed the most rational, although he chased Tiffany like a puppy.

At best, this drama should have been 24 episodes long, when the story would not have been so budensome to the viewers and the actors.
Mitta
Jan 7, 2017
Stay With Me is a rom-com slash light-hearted romantic melo about too many second chances, obsessive love and a fairly weak case of revenge by proxy. The story has some ridiculous, rather makjang-like elements and is full of plot-holes but at the same time is addictively funny and heartwarming.

Wang Kai is sizzling hot playing a romantic lead, a genre that is somewhat new for him and I have to say he read more does not disappoint. Joe Chen’s already a proven actress and gotta give it to her pulling off a character that on some less capable actresses may come off as annoying and silly. But in the hands of Joe Chen, she gives Wei Wei an edge and a backbone but at the same time gives us the comic relief that is part and parcel of this character. Their natural chemistry is one of the highlight of this show.

The draw of Wang Kai may have enticed me to watch this drama and it did have enough content to keep me glued. I almost wanted to drop it at 30+ episodes when our lovely OTP keeps going back and forth breaking up and making up - one too many times. Characters don’t seem to have a constancy about them, changing colors too frequently - forgiving and forgetting seem to be the mantra of the day. The second and third OTPs are decent and deserve the screen time, giving the show an added notch of flair. But the uncle and sidekick pair got under my skin. I find these two serving very little purpose other than screen fillers and agitating the heck out of everyone.

The production set is very chic and modern. Whether it is the offices, the residences, restaurants or even the hospital, you see a very rich and slick Shanghai. Granted, it is about high fashion and the characters are all wealthy. Something I’ve noticed lately with many of the contemporary cdramas. Product placement is also front and center. Quite blatant and after 30+ episodes it can get a bit in your face.

The OST is catchy and worth downloading.

Leave your brains at home, just soak it in for pure entertainment and enjoy this perfectly imperfect show.
Gemma
Jan 7, 2017
Stay With Me was a really great drama that featured great acting, a genuine feeling of a relationship between the leads and a great soundtrack despite it's eventually tiring story line. Wang Kai and Joe Chen both did an amazing job as the main leads - their chemistry was off the charts and their fluffy moments felt extremely real. The second leads both did a great job supporting the main couple as read more well as developing their own love, though the age difference between the two was somewhat offputting.

Despite the fact that the drama started off quite strong in the beginning, it begins to repeatedly break up the main characters (sometimes several times in an episode), which makes it quite tedious to keep going at times. By episode 30, I would recommend that you make your own decision to keep going or to drop the drama, since there are a lot of repeated elements.

That being said, the overall drama was solid with great leads and is worth a watch just for the comedy and chemistry between the cast! Stay With Me also featured a great look into the background of the fashion industry, and the designs were beautiful. As well, the music was lovely and you definitely grow to cheer on all the characters as the drama progresses.

If you enjoy someone filled with drama and fluff, this is definitely someone I'd recommend checking out!
Stay With Me

Hunan TV
  • Duration:

45 min.

• Score:

7.6 (scored by 370 users)
  • Ranked: