kiera
Mar 1, 2017
I made a vow to write a review immediately after the show ended and believe me when I say the emotions are still raw. Where do I even start? Eternal Love is such a compelling and beautiful piece I don't think I can find the exact words to describe it.

The story is brilliant in itself and I am honestly sure it did the book justice. I think if you're watching this read more without reading the book beforehand, you would love the show a lot more because you're watching without expectations plus either way, Eternal Love will blow you away (even if you're not a fantasy/xianxia/historical genre kind of person) Also, If you like The Journey of Flower, you will love this without a doubt.

Everything, every single thing is so stunning from the costumes, to the set and the cinematography. And the most beautiful part is, of course, their love story. The different clans coming together and all the magical elements and all are very interesting. I won't delve into the story too much because its pretty complicated but fear not, you will never be bored of it for a second.

The acting was spectacular. Yang Mi did a fantastic job as always. Although it was my first time watching Mark Chao, his character as either Mo Yuan or Ye Hua is so easily to fall in love with because he is that good at acting. Chemistry was flawless. A transparent love was beautifully portrayed; you could feel their love and pain and share their happiness. Kiss scenes are very good too. They're not exactly rough but tender and deep? I honestly did not expect so many kiss scenes because I was quite disappointed with the lack of intimacy in The Journey of Flower but you're blessed here :')

Every other character was very likeable having their own unique personalities. The other side characters and love stories are also super sweet especially Dong Hua's and Feng Jui's.

It seems like everything about the drama is perfect even its music is so apt. The entire OST is so enchanting played at right timings. The duet is so haunting which really gives Bai Qian & Ye Hua moments that goosebumps. So, so good.

The only problem I have (not with the drama) is that I hate misunderstandings that cause conflicts in a relationship which my heart cannot handle. Ye Hua and Bai Qian's relationship has many 'tragedies' that can really break your heart because they've been through so many tribulations caused by some side bitches but in the end, everything for this drama is worth it.

Rewatch it? Definitely. No qualms about it.

This is truly a masterpiece and I can safely say Eternal Love is my favourite C-Drama.
moondust
Mar 1, 2017
Probably the first time a drama of this length has me thoroughly enthusiastic from beginning to end. More rare is the case of a drama adaptation not only breathing life to its book, but surpasses the original work in every aspect. The challenge is to stop oneself from the binge to see how this game of fate, love, misunderstanding and tragedy takes three 'lifetimes' to resolve. Even if fantasy is not one's read more cup of tea, the love/romance here is one everyone can enjoy

*Story (10/10)
This drama has done a wondrous job keeping faithful to the original story while incorporating parts of its spinoff "The Pillow Book" about the secondary lead pairing.The Chinese title of this drama is "Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms" and like its name suggests, tells the story of Ye Hua and Bai Qian - gods who are separated yet bounded by fate to find each other in their lives again throughout the course of three lifetimes/arcs, creating a memorable journey of emotional highs and lows balanced with good action and drama. Though it has 58 episodes, it is filled with plots to leave one consistently guessing what the next development is from beginning to end. Just as one score settles, another rises.

Characters are fleshed out, and everyone has their own story. Alhough the focus is on the main couple, viewers can also enjoy other secondary characters and their relationships and how it all intertwines.

*Acting/Cast: (9/10)
Yang Mi's Bai Qian may be the protagonist, but Mark Chao is the highlight. To express so much with so little is what Mark does wonderfully, and his ability to portray two similar characters (Ye Hua & Mo Yuan) so differently with their set of own characteristics, mannerisms and reactions is impressive. As for Yang Mi overall she did well portraying the different personalities of her characters - from playful,mischievous Si Yin to naive and innocent Su Su and finally the aloof with an attitude Bai Qian - by far her best performance. Together these two produce the chemistry to keep audiences thrilled and satisfied. Overall the cast is well put together with several other memorable faces (Zhang Bin Bin, Dilraba etc) making the drama that much more enjoyable

*Rewatch (10/10):
Absolutely. 58 episodes did not feel long one bit. It slowed down at parts, but I see it as necessary for the many characters and developments to come full circle.

*Last thoughts?
- All the sets, props, scenery and people are simply eye-catching, which keeps one visually interested all the way through.
- Aside from the visual fest and story, Mark Chao is another reason to rewatch

It's been a while since I enjoyed a romance-fantasy genre this much, this will be going straight into my archive of favorites. No doubt one of the best Chinese dramas have to offer
pandeaa
Mar 20, 2017
I normally refrain from watching shows that are super popular when they’re airing. Why? Cause I’ll get swept up with all the reviews and comments on how great/perfect the show is…only to realize that it’s full of loop-holes and everything is mediocre at best. Maybe the love from everyone else makes me a harsher critic of the show, but because of this habit(?) of mine I tend to watch popular shows half read more a year (or longer) after its done airing. When all the hype has shimmered down and I can watch peacefully (aka less like a grumpy grandma). However, I broke my rule with this drama. Eternal Love/Three Lives Three Worlds was a beautifully made drama that can certainly live up to its popularity, but only if you’re into a slow-paced romance.

Overall:
There are definitely some areas that were frustrating to me, areas that could’ve been further developed (or undeveloped LOL), and things that I wished were different. The romance between the main couple was detailed and you can feel how in love they were (mainly Ye Hua). However, because of how detailed the main characters were we only got a taste of all the supporting roles and their stories. This is probably the only ‘downfall’ of the show for me. Only because I wished there were more to other supporting roles. I actually wish this drama is longer just so I can see what happens to everyone. I would not recommend this drama if you’re looking for something fast paced. This drama is something that slowly builds over the span of 58 episodes.

Like most Chinese dramas this is based off a novel. The novel is by Tangqi Gongzi and for the most part I heard that the drama is incredibly like the novel besides the relationship between Bai Feng Jiu and Donghua Dijun. Which can be found in a spin-off novel titled Pillow Book. There are a lot of copyright/plagiarism allegations on the Three Lives Three Worlds novel. I'm not going to go in depth about them, but I'm pretty sure you can easily find articles on it. To whoever credit is deserved, the plot is beautifully written and I loved most of it. There are a couple of reasons as to why I got frustrated, but they mainly dealt with character development rather than the plot itself. For example, Li Jing went from being a rebellious prince with so much personality to a mopey king focused only on past mistakes. Besides this, I actually found myself wanting more and more. Mainly Yan Zhi and Zi Lan though…I loved them so much. Someone please write a fanfic for them. I'd read it.

Acting/Cast:
I actually started this drama because of an interview I saw of Mark Chao. I know everyone was hesitant on staring this because Mark wasn’t your conventional pretty boy and was comparing him to Yang Yang (actor who’ll play Marks role in the movie), but there was something so genuine about him in his interview that I started the drama right away. Mark brilliantly portrayed the role of Ye Hua! For the most part his character was stoic, but when he showed emotions…I felt shivers. From the way he looked at Bai Qian, the way he softly smiled, the way his eyebrows furrows, or his breakdown from sadness/grief…he basically threw my emotions and heart in a frenzy. I can go on for days as to why I love Mark Chaos acting, but I’ll stop. Needless to say, I'm super excited to see his future works.
I have never seen a drama with Yang Mi before (I’ve only heard of her cause she married a HK born actor), but I loved her portray of Si Yin, Su Su, and Bai Qian. She went from being an aloof and mischievous disciple to being kind hearted and easily manipulated human and finally to being a well-respected, classy, and badass queen. There was something about her that never changed when she portrayed these different characters and that made it more convincing that they were all the same person, but different lives. Kudos to her! Though I do believe she does better with her mischievous scenes over her emotional ones.
The rest of the cast was great! I don’t want to delve into each character since there are a ton of supporting roles, but I loved them all. I think everyone did incredibly well on their portrayals whether they were to be liked or hated.

The soundtrack has been on repeat for days.

Rewatch Value:
At the moment no, but maybe in the future.
Oppa-kiss-me
Mar 19, 2017
This drama will forever be in my heart. The most memorable drama I've seen this year so far and one of the best Chinese Wuxia dramas I've seen. I took so many screencaps, I'm saving them. I'll probably post some later cos I'm going thru a major withdrawal right now. >.< I've never in my life watched a drama past 40+ episodes long that's almost an hour long each. It was a read more challenge I was willing to accept and I did it. I've never loved a drama so much in a long while to the point where I watched all the behind the scenes videos raw, and the rest of the drama raw cos I couldn't wait for the rest of the episodes subbed. I was hoping DF released all episodes in one go and made it premium so I could finish it but then that never happened. Lol~ Still, 2 episodes every weekday wasn't and isn't as bad as 1 or 2 episodes a week like other dramas. I absolutely love and enjoy Chinese, (wuxia/historical/fantasy) dramas like these. I tend to shy away from these cos they usually end up in tragedy and I don't like watching historical dramas that ends in tragedy. That's a two in one combo I CANNOT and refuse to handle.

The story was brilliant! The synopsis sold me when I saw the words: "Immortals, Gods, Goddesses, and Demons". I'm all for those types of fantasies with magical, mythical being who has powers. I'm a huge sucker for genres like this. Everything about this drama was stunning. From the setting/cinematography, to the actors and their costumes/clothing which was mesmerizing. But what was even more beautiful was the love story. My cruise that had set sail. (I'll take more about that in the comment section cos I don't wanna spoil for others who might want to watch).

The acting was superb. Being a huge fan of Yang Mi was what got me to watch the drama in the first place. But then I saw that Dilmurat, Vengo and Vin, and that really got me more into the drama. Their characters were awesome. But that one cast member that surprised me the most was Mark. It's my first time seeing him in a drama and I must say, I was highly impressed with is acting. ? He's definitely on my list of favorite actors. ^^ To be honest, all the actors were amazing, even the supporting actors/actresses. Although I don't mind seeing Yang Mi in modern dramas, I definitely love her in these type of dramas. She definitely does shine in them. She portrayed her characters very well. I loved little A-Li~ How could I not mention little A-Li! A bundle of cuteness. All the actors just made it more memorable and awesome to watch.

The Music/OST is utterly beautiful and alluring to hear/listen to. Absolutely loved it. From when there was sweet moments(you'll hear sweet melody) to when there's an epic battle/fight scenes (you'll hear something powerful that goes along with what you're watching, putting you at the edge of your seat)

I will definitely rewatch this and I'm going to start downloading each episode some time soon. I didn't skip any episodes nor did it feel long and draggy, in fact, I wanted more episodes. Lol >w<

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS! WHOLEHEARTEDLY! NO HESITATIONS, JUST GO FOR IT. I PROMISE, YOU WILL LOVE AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT.
MysteryMel-Bookish
With a grimaced grin I started this 58eps saga and finished with smile knowing the gods have a complicated love life too! This drama is long, detailed with lots of plots, sub-plots and sub-sub-plots.

Story: Full pageantry, scenery & costumes fit for gods - simply breathtaking. Ok, the story is a complicated love of two gods who are toss about time by any and all other gods-deities' (big-small). Lots of action, dialog, read more backstabbing, front-stabbing lust and greed. No wonder us mortals are kinda screwy when it comes to love, the gods are in the same boat. Wuxia galore - magically performed.

Acting/Cast: Hands down Mark Chao is mesmerizingly handsome in ALL his roles. He alone is worthy of the watch. The female lead Mi Yang had excellent chemistry with male lead and was cast perfectly as the white-9tail fox, silly, mischievous, cunning and smart. The other host of characters were cast ideally with some more memorable than others.

Music: Well done, nothing exceptional NOR bothersome. Well matched for Wuxia.
Re-watch? Not for awhile and selective eps only. Too long to RW in entirety.

Overall: Solid fantasy, romance, wuxia done well. Mark C is just lovely to watch onscreen. I believe he channeled that role as crown prince, God of War to perfection.

If you enjoyed Nirvana, give this one a try!
QAS
Mar 16, 2017
Ten Miles Peach Blossoms is one of those rare drama phenomena of the early 21st century. The skills of the actors, the scriptwriter, the novelist, the directors, the music composers and musicians, the set designer, the costume designer, the production crew, are reflected in this cinematic masterpiece that China has shared with the world. The emotional pull of the story and creative plot transcend culture and language. When subtitles can draw tears read more of sorrow and joy, the actors, directors and the scriptwriter have done a very effective job.

The charismatic actor, Mark Chao, was destined to play Ye Hua and Mo Yuan. His interpretations of the two unique individuals, demonstrate his range of acting skills. Yang MI revealed her acting range with the two dinstinctive entities, Bai Qian and Su Su.

The psychotic, obsessive delusioned antagonists, Su Jin and Xuan Nu, as much as we hated them, were portrayed convincingly by personable actors, Maggie Huang and Zhu Xudan, respectively.

The young actors, Hummer Zhang (A-Li), Huang Tianqi (Fire Qilin), Zhang Youhao (Mi Gu), and Little Zhao Ge character, ultimately stole the show.

The OST is very good. The main duet song was overplayed in every episode, and by the end of the drama, a few hundred million viewers had recorded the melody in their brains.

If there were travel tours to Peach Blossom Valley, international travelers would be booking the next flight to China.
KAIHUA
Mar 24, 2017
Damn... I had never had a Chinese drama got me crying SO hard... Now that it is over, I am super, freaking sad and having withdrawals, like a part of me was gone.

Story is soooo good. Got me so hooked and in love with this drama! I am a huge fan of ancient Chinese movies and dramas! The costumes, the cute artifacts, the fighting, & the magic! I was never a read more fan of Yang Mi, but ugh man she was so perfect for the role; this drama shows how truly talented Yang Mi really is! I didn't think Mark Chao was attractive, but maaan, I fell in love with him...

At first I laughed at the summary thinking it seemed funny, that it might be another one of them lame ass CGI Chinese dramas, but OH. MAH. DAMN. Whoever set this whole drama up DID IT ALL SO RIGHT. I got HOOKED and fell in love and then everything made sense. I finished it in like 4-5 days because I became so ADDICTED. Days after I had finished, it felt like I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO LIVE ANYMORE. I kept listening to the soundtrack (which is AMAZING BTW, my favorite song is Liang Liang) and reminisce about the drama, got me also debating if I should even REWATCH it because I miss and love it so much... This pain feels so odd... DO NOT FEAR the length of the 58 episodes, I truly wished it never ended.

F*ck what you haters out there think, call me crazy, but this is currently ranked as my #1 OUT OF ALL THE FILMS OF MY LIFE T____T Foreal though, this movie impacted my life!

I highly recommend it and it should be shared with the world. Y'all see the ratings? Y'all see it going up the ranks? The more it is spread out to the world, many more of you will fall in love with it and it will continue going up the ranks because it had touched your heart and soul!!!! And maybe, you will become crazy like me... Like it is a part of my life now.

THIS SHIT IS NOT OVERRATED.
If you don't like it, there is something wrong with youuu! YOU MISSING OUT, YOU LAME ASS!!!

I am so grateful from this fate, that I had came across this Chinese drama blessing my life XD

And if you like this drama, you may probably like Legend of Lu Zhen aka Female Prime Minister too!

Watch it all now at kissasian.com!
Lee Th
Mar 19, 2017
As a person who initially watched this drama because there was nothing else to watch on the korean side post-goblin, I went into it only knowing who Yangmi was (in the cast).
I have to say, poster/stills wise, the cast didn't look impressive (besides Yangmi that is) so I pretty much had no expectations. Boy was I pleasantly surprised by the end of it.

To be fair, the first few episodes was read more pretty bland. Definitely needed though, to set up the characters. I recall thinking, this God Moyuan is really easy on the eyes, with his facial hair and all. And that was pretty much it.
Things really picked up when Yehua came into the picture - from the snake/dragon troupe, to him for the first time in his life receiving unconditional affection from another, to him trying to woo the girl as repayment, to him falling in love etc. it was all so innocent and pure... which was all a set up for the incoming storm of angst, pain and tragedy that was coming for our two main leads. I'm not a person who backs away from angst ... I feel that the story is much more complex, worthwhile and a better investment when done right, and I feel this drama was the exact definition of that. Sure, it was painful, but at the same time, I was able to appreciate the acting scope of the actors, and in particular, Mark Chao (I could write a whole essay about how thoroughly impressed I was by him). One of the key moments in this drama, where he is forced to do something so terribly wrong to Susu, was probably the same moment when I realised that this guy isn't the stereotypical chinese male lead (sorry, but not many chinese actors cut it for me - they just do the pretty well ...). He is a true actor with huge emotional range. This was truly confirmed by the iconic bts of the same scene - where it showed him being so affected by the scene that he kept crying after "cut" was called out. From there on, it was the "Yehua show" for me. The guy has a knack for showing various emotions and I still don't know how he does it. Not to mention that as the drama goes on, he became even more and more good to look at. I seriously question myself every moment because I initially was like.. meh ... There was fire whenever he stared into Baiqian's eyes!
Mark also plays Moyuan (if you hadn't noticed haha) and he wonderfully made him so distinct that I never thought that they were the same person. Ever. Seeing some of the little moments from the bts clips makes me appreciate it even more as it seems Mark worked especially hard to maintain this - his thorough discussions with the director about the characterisation of his characters during key moments really impressed me.

Kudos to the rest of the cast as well. Yangmi did a wonderful job in my opinion. I loved her as the haughty Baiqian too. And little riceball A-li. His scenes with Yehua were the epitome of fluffiness.

The romance in this series was of another level. Watched a lot of c-dramas and was never this impressed. Ever. The chemistry was sizzling and the actors really became the characters they played. I cannot even fathom how much pressure is on the movie version of things because the actors here were spot on. A mountain would have to move 10 million miles for anyone to replace Mark as Yehua in my eyes. It's just impossible.

All in all, reincarnations, love across three lives, stellar performances; everything that I love in one drama. A definite re-watch (not that I haven't been watching) and still experiencing major withdrawals even after two weeks. Highly recommended!
Jordan
What an emotional roller coaster! Having just finished, here is my review:

This story explores two primary romance plots with several sub plots woven in. The overall theme of the story is that of soul mates, and love surviving even death.

What I Liked:
I deeply enjoyed the layered relationships of BQ. The relationship with her mentor is central to the story as is her relationship with his twin, Ye Hua. Through read more these relationships the female lead explores many different levels of emotion. We see a youthful side when she is a student; then as an adult she becomes more closed off in order to guard her feelings. BQ is an extremely capable woman, the leader of the foxes as its queen, but she values relationships the most and struggles with forgiving wrongs. She is fair but also not one to suffer an insult; she dishes out double what is served to her. Ye Hua is obedient to his grandfather as he is the heir however his one act of defiance--falling in love with a mortal (BQ, forced to leave as a mortal with no memory of being a goddess) creates a ton of complicated problems. this story reflects their very complicated journey.

What I Loved:
the second love story features BQ's niece, Fengjiu, an impulsive and romantic red fox (the only one of her kind) who seeks to repay Donghua, a god as old as time with no parents (he just sprang into being). He also has no emptions and no interest in anyone or anything. I enjoyed their love story more than the main, perhaps because their obstacles seemed to be insurmountable. These two, it seems, have no fate together. Even BQ is fated to be with YH. Their story follows Fenjius efforts to gain Donghua's love and is just as complicated as BQ/YH.

What I also Liked:
This drama's villains are not as obvious as other shows. Yes there were living people but it seemed that one of the biggest villains in the show were things that you have no control over (fate) or things designed to protect others (rules). The rigid rules of the celestial court proved time and time again to undermine these people. And fate, well...who can go up against that?

My favorite living villain?
Undoubtedly Xuan Nu beause I thought she had a lot of depth.

What would I like to see:
If anyone sees my posts or discussion boards, or reads my episode views, they know that I am an enormous fan of DH/FJ. I have read this dramas sequel (the pillow book) and would be very happy if they made it into a show. If that doesn't happen, at least the novel exists.

Final Words (acting)
I think that the cast did a great job. Every actor was perfect in their role and I don't think anyone would have been better in their roles. I know a lot of people were drawn to YH but...the gent who played DH is my favorite. I do think, however, that the young woman who played BQ hands down wins for best actress and overall did a wonderful job as BQ. Of course, because I am biased, the actress who plays FJ is my favorite however her character, I think, might be easier to play.

I did not give this show a perfect 10 because some parts dragged, and some parts I sped through a little. But most of the show I watched. I recommend it to anyone interested in dramatic stories with great dialogue, great action, good acting, and a deep appreciation for the melodramatic (because this show uses almost every plot device that one might see in a daytime soap)
Seung_Min
The whole story is pretty brilliant! Can't find any word that would fit the exact desciption as it is duch masterpiece!

The Actors and Actresses were perfect for the role and Lead Actor and Actress was pretty pretty awesome!

Kudos to the whole team and cast!

I'd say, no matter how many times you've seen at watched this,... still you won't get enough of it! You'll definitely would want more!

I'd like read more to Congratulate everyone for the job well done! This is really the best among the best I've seen so far!

Thank you everyone for your hard work! Keep it up guys! Congratulstions! Cheers!
Jeana
Mar 17, 2017
Generally speaking, I usually have the opposite effect for over-hyped things. The more hype a thing has, the more likely it is for me to not like it. I went into watching Eternal Love with low expectations and as I had predicted at the time, I didn't find it too extra ordinary in the beginning.

STORY:

Eternal Love is comprised of the following three stages:

Episode 1-15:
This is when Yang Mi read more plays Si Yin and we are mostly being introduced to the characters. Ye Hua and Su Su meet up. It sets the pace of the story. This part doesn't have any wow factors, rather it provides an undercurrent of mild amusement. At this point you're not completely invested in the story but you also cannot let it go.

Episode 16-30:
Now this part was just plain torturous. This constructs the build up towards the main plot. It showcases Su Su's and Ye Hua's love and all the hardships she had to face as a mortal. Even though their sweet moments were heart warming, over-all this is literally the deadest portion of the show. It's not exactly the shows fault, rather the sypnosis's. We already know that SuSu is going to go blind and kill herself and honestly, I just felt like only after that, the true story would kick in which is why I had to fast forward some scenes because the whole wait did get, frankly, very boring. I understood that it was necessary for the character development and it provided a strong basis for the story to continue but that didn't mean that I found the drag-on particularly enjoyable. But since my intuition said that the light at the end of the tunnel would be very bright, I persevered.

Episode 30-58:
And this is when the show sky rockets to its summit. I think Episode 30 was by far the best episode made. From here onwards there are so many emotions; one great scene followed by another and suddenly I went from being half-heartedly interested to full on obsessed.

Acting:
Damn, I think I have a little bit of a crush on Yang Mi. She's such an absolute star to be honest. She portrayed her different personalities excellently. From the youthful and mischievous Si Yin, to the kind-hearted and vulnerable SuSu and finally to the boss ass queen Bai Qian; she simply slayed. There is this utter grace with which she speaks and moves that you can't help but be entranced by her. She was the true embodiment of a Queen and a total badass. Her fighting scenes were so empowering and the way she wields that Jade Purity Fan; just dang. She's a woman of power to her core and when Ye Hua forcefully kisses her once, she doesn't just let it be -nuhhun- she bestows him with a five fingered bitch slap 'cause ain't nobody messing with the Queen of Qing Qiu.

Mark was also a very nice surprise. He expressed a multitude of emotions just with his eyes. He didn't have to speak or show rather even the slightest twitch of his face spoke volumes. To be honest, I really fell in love with Ye Hua's character in the later part of the show. He's so selfless and devoted in his affection for Bai Qian that you can't help but root for him. Mark's delivery of Mo Yuan's character was also very impressive. Mo Yuan is a personality that demands respect and he gave him the elegance and majestic aura that was required.

Their chemistry is sizzling hot and both of them compliment each other to the max. I love how their love story transcends all worlds and they're two people destined to be together. I mean towards the end I was so committed to seeing their happy ending that for the first time in my life, I deliberately went to seek out spoilers just so I could have a consolation that everything wouldn't be in vain. Even though the ending is pretty sappy and the consequent events just turn out to be interestingly very very convenient for everybody, I think I wouldn't have opted for less.

The most annoying part of this show probably has to do with everything that was related to the Ghost Realm. Xian nu is literally the world's dumbest villain to ever grace the screens. I mean sure if you gonna be a negative ass bitch, filled to the brim with inferiority complexes, the least you can do is actually have some brains to execute your deviltry, instead she remains pitiful throughout and besides being an annoyance, doesn't amount to much.
Never fear though, because her husband matches her toe to toe as far as stupidity is concerned. Li JIng has a constant "woe-is-me" expression plastered on. He always acts like he is the most tragic person alive and he's constantly throwing pity parties and pining after someone he wronged. Like really bitch, if you gon' whine about how pathetic your life is and how you're suffering so much you should've thought better when you decided to waste your life being a nuisance and cheating on someone you supposedly loved. Smh. I was very thankful when both of these roaches finally ended up dead 'cause they literally belonged with each other in hell.

One of the best things about Eternal Love are the side stories. I had so much love for Dijun and Feng Jiu. Dijun, with his constantly amused face (as if the whole world was a huge joke to him) and Feng Jiu, with her endearing personality and child like tendencies really won me over. This show has so much character development and attention to detail. With excellent emotional delivery and story writing, I think the hype surrounding it is more or less justified.

One thing that I found hilarious was how little Bai Qian truly cared for her son like, ain't nobody got time for that but A-li is legit a ball of adorableness and the few moments they share together are absolute bliss.

Rewatching a 58 episode show is no easy feat so I don't think that I'd be doing that but there are definitely some iconic moments that I have already watched a thousand times over and will continue to revisit.
Rouzmary
I'll just keep it short & to the point:

This has gotta be the best historical c-drama I've seen.

Why?
Because unlike majority of c-dramas, or any drama, really, Eternal Love - Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms didn't have the boring/super annoying part! Which usually lasts for more than 10 eps!
Every freaking historical/fantasy drama (especially if it's adapted from novel) has either a ruined middle or ending or even both. Case read more in point, Journey of Flower (totally ruined the ending), General and I (managed to ruin both middle and ending) and those are only the first ones (or rather, the most recent ones) that come to mind, there's a whole other bunch just the same!

Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms? Nope, didn't have it! I loved every single bit of it! Even the heartbreaking bits!

It:
1. Didn't have endless stupid misunderstandings.
2. Male lead YeHua knew right away when the evil bitch consort aka SuckJin was scheming and his looks said it all, like - keep lying bitch I knew it ain't truth.
Hands down YeHua is the best male lead ever, not falling for the annoying/evil consorts schemes and seeing right trough them!
3.And the female lead BaiQian is all for revenge on said SuckJin. Our high goddess ain't gonna let some puny deity make her suffer and even when she had to suffer some, she won't just let it rest or be all merciful, revenge it is! Kick her ass! Take back those eyes! No more sweet, kind fucking merciful & forgiving aka weak female leads, oh no, no one's gonna step on this girl!

All in all, loved every bit of it & it kept having you excited for what's gonna happen next. This happened and then you kept waiting to see when that happened and so on. It really had me interested trough out all 58 episodes! Not once did I stray to another drama, once Eternal Love got me it had me till the last minute.

As for acting, whoever cast them struck gold, both with main leads & supporting cast.
Especially liked: Chao Mark as Ye Hua, his every expression was so heartfelt; Dilmurat Dilraba as the little fox princess & Gao Vengo as Dong Hua.

Story was also fascinating. I'm so buying & reading the novel & gotta find those pillow books too!

Music rather awesome actually, gotta get my hands on that ost.

Re-watch value? I'm already re-watching it and saving to my computer, gotta have this on hand whenever I'll feel like re-watching it, which's gonna be often.

Overall a rare 10-10 rating from me. Whatever little faults it might have, the overall greatness of not having the annoying middle or ruined ending more than compensates for what might not be as great. In fact, it's so good that I can't even think of anything that is not good.
Eternal Love - Ten Miles of Peach Blossom is a rare gem of a drama.
Eternal Love
Watch Trailer

Alternative Titles

• Native title:

三生三世十里桃花
  • Also Known as:

三生三世,十里桃花; San Sheng San Shi Shi Li Tao Hua; Three Lives Three Worlds; Ten Great III of Peach Blossom; The Eternal Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms; Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms; Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms;

• Country:

ZJTV
  • Duration:

45 min.

• Score:

9.1 (scored by 917 users)
  • Ranked: