Dr. Qin Medical Examiner (2016)

TeleriFerchNyfain
Apr 30, 2017
This show basically follows typical Western episodic standards, rather than having an overarching plot. Thus it differs quite a bit from the normal Asian drama. In a crime show I enjoy this since each murder investigation has it's own story. I found the investigative part of this drama among the most realistic of the Asian forensic/police dramas that I've seen, as well. Not surprising since the story comes from the memoirs of read more an actual Chinese forensic investigator. The main actor does a fine job portraying Dr. Qin. The other two main characters do an adequate job, nothing spectacular but not annoying either.
All in all, if you are a fan of CSI type crime shows, this one is likely to engage your interest. The various crimes solved actually occurred, which makes them more interesting than so many of the fictional, contrived murders littering the drama landscape.
Jiongnan
Dec 2, 2016
Story: 7.5/10
I'm like a little obsessed with crime shows and stuff so I'm being a little harsh. Overall, if this was the first time I saw a crime show, this would blow my mind. But alas, I've seen a few good ones so this doesn't really compare that well.
The story was good in the sense that most questions got answered. You find out who almost everyone is at the end. read more But what bothered me was that the story wasn't really tightly connected. The overarching theme was really loose and it felt a little bit forced, like parts of it was inserted just because it'll add suspense but it didn't really relate to anything too significant.
The overarching plot was predictable and too typical. I mean it's still a decent drama, I would definitely recommend, but it was a *little* disappointing.
But the individual crimes and stuff, that was kinda neat. Props.
What I appreciated was the comedic relief, they were inserted a really good times so you're not psychologically stressed the entire show. And it really builds on character development.

Acting: 8/10
The main characters really worked well together, not to mention the male leads were definitely eye candy ^^ Character development only really happened for Dr. Qin, the rest kinda helped him a long with it. Which was cute. But development was pretty typical and expected. At least the acting was professional.

Music: 6.5/10
There were not really a lot of memorable OST parts that I could remember. I'm pretty good aurally so I would remember a song that relates a certain scene or whatever. The only vaguely good parts I remember is the quirky tune during comedic relief parts. When ever that music came on, I just felp more relaxed because nothing bad is happening.

Rewatch: 5/10
I don't typically rewatch dramas, but this was short and sweet enough to maybe go and pick out my favorite episodes. What I love about these dramas are that the beginnings are individual crimes and stories so you can watch it separately.

Overall: 7/10
It was a little disappointing that the overarching theme was too loose and typical. It was too predictable and thus a little anti-climatic. But the individual crimes were pretty decent and enjoyable.
If anyone is looking for a good crime show starter or just a laid back drama, this is definitely a good one.
QAS
May 7, 2017
Qin, ME is a very tense drama, with suspense and sporadic comedic dialog between Li and Lin. The autopsy scenes are very graphic.

Top notch acting by Zhang Ruo Yun, Jiao Jun Yan and Li Xian! The only flaw in this production, is the shaky camera. I hope that the director has purchased a camera tripod to film Season 2 and Season 3.
Dr. Qin Medical Examiner

Sohu TV
  • Duration:

30 min.

• Score:

8.6 (scored by 219 users)
  • Ranked: