Medical Examiner Dr. Qin (2016)

TeleriFerchNyfain
Apr 30, 2017
This show basically follows typical Western episodic standards, rather than having an overarching plot. Thus it differs quite a bit from the normal Asian drama. In a crime show I enjoy this since each murder investigation has it's own story. I found the investigative part of this drama among the most realistic of the Asian forensic/police dramas that I've seen, as well. Not surprising since the story comes from the memoirs of read more an actual Chinese forensic investigator. The main actor does a fine job portraying Dr. Qin. The other two main characters do an adequate job, nothing spectacular but not annoying either.
All in all, if you are a fan of CSI type crime shows, this one is likely to engage your interest. The various crimes solved actually occurred, which makes them more interesting than so many of the fictional, contrived murders littering the drama landscape.
Jiongnan
Dec 2, 2016
Story: 7.5/10
I'm like a little obsessed with crime shows and stuff so I'm being a little harsh. Overall, if this was the first time I saw a crime show, this would blow my mind. But alas, I've seen a few good ones so this doesn't really compare that well.
The story was good in the sense that most questions got answered. You find out who almost everyone is at the end. read more But what bothered me was that the story wasn't really tightly connected. The overarching theme was really loose and it felt a little bit forced, like parts of it was inserted just because it'll add suspense but it didn't really relate to anything too significant.
The overarching plot was predictable and too typical. I mean it's still a decent drama, I would definitely recommend, but it was a *little* disappointing.
But the individual crimes and stuff, that was kinda neat. Props.
What I appreciated was the comedic relief, they were inserted a really good times so you're not psychologically stressed the entire show. And it really builds on character development.

Acting: 8/10
The main characters really worked well together, not to mention the male leads were definitely eye candy ^^ Character development only really happened for Dr. Qin, the rest kinda helped him a long with it. Which was cute. But development was pretty typical and expected. At least the acting was professional.

Music: 6.5/10
There were not really a lot of memorable OST parts that I could remember. I'm pretty good aurally so I would remember a song that relates a certain scene or whatever. The only vaguely good parts I remember is the quirky tune during comedic relief parts. When ever that music came on, I just felp more relaxed because nothing bad is happening.

Rewatch: 5/10
I don't typically rewatch dramas, but this was short and sweet enough to maybe go and pick out my favorite episodes. What I love about these dramas are that the beginnings are individual crimes and stories so you can watch it separately.

Overall: 7/10
It was a little disappointing that the overarching theme was too loose and typical. It was too predictable and thus a little anti-climatic. But the individual crimes were pretty decent and enjoyable.
If anyone is looking for a good crime show starter or just a laid back drama, this is definitely a good one.
blubber
So I started this drama with some doubts, - c-dramas are typically not known for being great in crime-solving category - however, I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up really enjoying this show.

Story: First of all, this drama is set up more like western shows or Korean crime-dramas as there are many separate cases presented and solved within 1-2 episodes. They are like mini story arcs. However there is also one read more large case that is somewhat prevalent through out the entire drama. For me this overarching case was the main disappointment. The mini arcs were great, but the ending slowed dramatically and was way too predictable and almost irrelevant to everything that was building up.

Another great thing about this drama was the timing. C-dramas often drag, but this one (being a web drama with 30 min episodes) was fast paced and really kept you on the edge of your seats. The script was also really well written and the characters fleshed out.

Acting/Cast: Really loved the cast. They were honestly perfect. The chemistry between the three leads lead to extremely lighthearted banter despite their serious situations and it was just really refreshing. The girl (Li Da Bao) was honestly my favorite and really carried the show. She has spunk, is bad-ass and extremely intelligent.

Many people ask if there is any romance in this show and I thought I would just address that: There are hints of romance between two leads but it mostly gets played off as comedy. If you are hoping for some real romantic development, then this is probably not for you. The leads are more like bickering siblings than anything else.

*As a side note, don't eat when watching - I thought that I would be okay nibbling on some Pocky but some scenes were a little hard to get through...
QAS
May 7, 2017
Qin, ME is a very tense drama, with suspense and sporadic comedic dialog between Li and Lin. The autopsy scenes are very graphic.

Top notch acting by Zhang Ruo Yun, Jiao Jun Yan and Li Xian! The only flaw in this production, is the shaky camera. I hope that the director has purchased a camera tripod to film Season 2 and Season 3.
Medical Examiner Dr. Qin

Sohu TV
  • Duration:

30 min.

• Score:

8.6 (scored by 313 users)
  • Ranked: