• Members: 4,175
ClaudiaKdramaFan
Jun 12, 2017
It is my first time reviewing a kdrama, and this is worthy.

Story: Lots of clitches and sometimes plot holes, historical inconsistency etc, but hey what the heck, it is a web drama so you have to over look it if you really want to enjoy it, at least I did and it worked out for me.

Acting/Cast: Superb, they cast all 5 main leads and supporting cast perfectly, specially the main couple I heard they were in WGM top couples and definitely the director made a great choice casting people with great chemistry because everything looked so natural, skin ship, falling in love and kisses looked real. I have to point out the flower boy villain, this guy acting was superb over the top at times but that's what it made this show stand out for me.

Music: It was ok not memorable but ok.

Rewatch Value: I had cancelled my subscription to Netflix but I just renewed it so I could go back and for to watch what I missed.

If you guys have netflix please try to watch it there as much as you can, I have had problems with drama sites it takes forever.

Overall: A very well done, dorky, odd rom-com historical drama. Highly recommend it. It had a feeling like Go Princess Go (TDrama)

Dolores
Jun 11, 2017
Let me first start by saying that the casting director did a great job casting Cnblue jonghyun and seungyeon a previous old WGM couple as leads in this drama. No skinship scene looked forced and their acting was really good. I wouldn't really say it was the best drama out there because some parts of the story were a bit questionable. But nonetheless it really stook to being a romantic historical drama.
So I definitely recommend this and for you guys give this drama a try.
John
Jun 15, 2017
Putting Gong Seung Yeon and Lee Jong Hyun together again after their honey dripping time on WGM was a stroke of genius for FNC! These 2 have awesome chemistry and they are visual eye candy. Gong Seung Yeon plays a type of part she has never played before, of a vivacious, feisty, arrogant Korean drama star with anger management issues and an arrogant attitude. She pulls it off with grace and style and still manages to look pretty and cute.

Lee Jong Hyun also shows sides of his acting ability never before seen, from silent, tough Busan namja to goofy pabo, but then slips back into his Busan namja leading man image again when required.

Together, they are golden. Their dramatic scenes are great, but what surprises is how well the play the comedic, slapstick humorous parts so well. It it obvious they are totally comfortable with each other. And the kiss scenes (5) well, I needed to turn up the A/C to cool down after watching them. Full on, open lips smooching like I've seen in only a few other Korean rom/coms. It's obvious to me they brought their A game to this drama, but I believe it is because they bring the best out in each other.

The script wanders and has a tendency to get lost at times, and there is a lot of replaying of old scenes, but the goofy, quirky, off center, sometimes slightly raunchy humor surprised and delighted me. It is as if they are portraying a tongue-in-cheek parody of Korean period dramas and the actors who star in them.

All in all a light-hearted piece of time slip rom-com that will have you laughing out loud in parts, and crying in others. I really enjoyed it. I hope they produce a Season 2 showing Ondal adapting to Korea in modern times. i t would be a hoot!

Aug 21, 2017
A short drama to watch, that is both funny and romantic, but there isn't much in the plot. The performances were okay, and probably that was the reason why this one didn't flop, as the story was odd and kind of idiotic at some point. But, at least, the drama was entertaining, it had it's funny moments and the romance was okay, as the couple had chemistry. The ending, in addition, as a bit of a wrap up and it wasn't as much of a conclusion to the story and that left out many unanswered questions. The constant flash backs, as well, were tiring and boring, making the episodes longer, sure, but not adding anything to the actual story. So, 4 out of 10.

sarangbit
Jun 17, 2017
This show was way beyond my expectation!
The cast was well matched, and the acting and chemistry was excellent.
SeungYeon,showed different sides of her character, and it was different from the other roles she's played. Her acting was really really commendable.
JongHyun has improved so much in acting, and everybody who knows him, will know that. The chemistry between the two leads was unbelievable.
Ohhhh! The kisses! 5 passionate ones
ShannonKFleming
Jun 25, 2017
First let me say, I love Rom-Com and historical parodies... For example: I absolutely adore My Sassy Girl (2017), as the story unfolds you can see the reasoning behind the leads crazy behavior, you also see her grow and mature as she develops a relationship with the lead male... The chemistry they have continues to build as each challenge causes to grow closer. I wish I could say I feel the same about My Only Love Song......I was hopeful with Netflix backing this drama but it lacks true substance, poorly constructed and terribly executed ...I couldn't connect with the lead actress Seung Yeon, no matter how much I wanted to feel for her. I love her in The Circle ..but not here. I don't think it is her fault as much as it could be the script writers or the directors, the chemistry of the actors.... When a drama is well done you can have compassion for the leads even when it's a ROM-COM-Historical parody, you find yourself wanting to see yourself along side them, fighting for them to finish well.
Unfortunately, after watching My Only Love Song I can only give it a 5 out 10 rating... There are so many better dramas to invest time in... this is not one I will be watching again.

Since I have not seen this mentioned....Side note for parents: This drama is rated for a Mature-14 audience , which is not surprising since most Kdramas are rated for ages 15 and up in Korea. Unlike most k-dramas I have watched in the past.... [email protected]^k and other colorful words are a repeatedly part of the dialog... If you are watching this when younger children who can "read" and they are in the room with you just be aware.

Muni
Jun 12, 2017
The beginning is pretty unwatchable. Both the characters are annoying and do not get better till the end of the drama. The acting does not help the characters either. While the female lead is not too bad at acting, the male lead is especially bad. The storyline is okay.
gwenp29
Jul 12, 2017
I love this drama. If you want to watch a drama but don't really have much time to invest in it, this is a pretty good alternative. Although it is 20 episodes, each episode is only 30 minutes long. Usually when they're short dramas, it feels like the story gets rushed in the end. I didn't think that was the case with this one.

THE STORY
A bratty actress finds herself transported to ancient times where she meets a guy who is the complete opposite of everything she wanted. It reminded me of The Queen & I where the girl is from modern times and the guy is from years in the past.

THE CAST
Everybody did a great job. The chemistry between Jonghyun and Seungyeon were on point. And hearing about them being in We Got Married made me want to watch the episodes. I ship these two now. They're so cute together. The other characters were great too. Even the supporting casts.

THE MUSIC
The music is why this wasn't a perfect 10 for me. It didn't really have enough songs to be memorable.

REWATCH VALUE
I will definitely re-watch this. So good.

OVERALL
My final rating is 9.5. I totally recommend this.

2beeinlove
Jun 17, 2017
The casting is superb! The lead couple is too adorable. I love every scene they are together. Their romantic scenes are daebak, natural, sincere and feel just real! But they pull out funny scene really well too. I would give other thumb-ups for supporting roles also.

The story is well-written enough for a fantasy web drama. It is light-hearted, easy to watch and especially hilarious!

Of course, I will rewatch it
Potato
Jun 16, 2017
Personally had fun watching this short series. I found this hella funny, thanks to the narcissistic general and of course to Korea's top star, Song Su Jeong. The chemistry between the main leads were great! I'm so happy I got to see them again on screen after we got married.
Acting of the casts were good, except there were times where for Jong Hyun's sad scenes, I can't help but cringe/can'thelpbutsmile. Nonetheless, I think Seung Yeon portrayed her character very well and I was surprised with Jae Jin! OMG! Never knew he can act! FT Island baby is still as cute as before

Awwww
1 day ago
Mire este drama pues Netflix me lo recomendó luego de mirar Good Morning Call. Antes había mirado el trailer y no me llamo nada la atención pero como ahora estoy solo mirando Dramas le di una oportunidad... Y  estoy muy contenta de haberlo hecho. Los viajes en el tiempo son uno de mi géneros literarios favoritos, para mi  los viajes en el tiempo significan sufrimiento por una obvia situación: "La historia no puede ser cambiada"

Story: Desde el primer episodio me hizo reír, algo que no esperaba. Trate de investigar (por encima) los hechos reales pero encontré muy poco.  A mitad del drama me aburrió un episodio pero en los otros estuve totalmente expectante.

Cast: Por momentos me molestaban pero en general fue muy buena, todo el cast es destacable, las historias de los secundarios me mantuvieron muy atenta sin quitarle importancia a los protagonistas.

Music: No la recuerdo.

Espero que Netflix siga produciendo dramas.

namkookie
Jun 23, 2017
i really really loved this drama it gave me drama fever for 4 days straight the plot and story fit together perfectly but i think the drama needed more than 20 episodes to express the true means of it. i also have to be completely honest i really don't think that gong seung yeon really portrayed the character song soo jung that well she didn't seem to have that bad rich girl feel i expected but lee jong hyun did ondal perfectly he espressed how money was just a hobby to get over his mother that was sold to people

i really didn't pay attendion to the music but hey the drama is called my only love song so yeah there should be good music am i right?.

princess pyung gang and moo myung were a couple you could tell from a start that they were going to fall in love as moo myung had great care and loyalty for her and he would always do what she said but from the start moo myung fell for her first but he couldn't understand his feelings for her which left the romance complicated but over alll

this drama was GOOD THANKS FOR READING MY REVIEW