Across the Ocean to See You (2017)

LinLi
Apr 17, 2017
Personal Thoughts: This drama was good and has great theme to it. The main leads had great chemistry and had some hilarious moments. As addicting the drama was, it was kinda cliche but it didn't stop me from watching it.

Story: The overall story was great but there could been somethings cut out. The main leads should been together faster without so much drag to it. Let's just say the ending was read more perfect but without only a tiny flaw in one of the side stories. I really liked how the story went and cried at some point. It was somewhat emotional but no enough to let you cry every episode.

Acting/Cast: The cast was amazing everything went out well. Though the main leads weren't that glamorous and good looking, their amazing acting should be praised. In the story sisters looked like similar which made it more believable.

Music: Let's just say the music wasn't that good but was worth mentioning. Most of it was just background music and sometimes actually ruined the moment. But there was some good songs in an episode or two.

Personally, I believe whoever is wondering and want to watch a simple yet dedicating drama. This one is for you! The endings were usually suspenseful which made it super addicting. Stop reading and start watching!
Mitta
Apr 23, 2017
Take your usual rom-com, shake it up and reverse all the roles. There, you have it— Across the Ocean to See You. A show where the female lead is the aloof, haughty protagonist that calls the shots! And the male lead is Mr. Nice Guy trying to win the affection of his boss.

The writing is smart and super funny. I love the banter between Su Mang and Zheng Chu, alternately playful read more and frustrated. The mad chemistry between these two leads leave you wanting more.

This is an easy watch (mostly). No maddening hateful characters that take over the entire show and leave you drained. The last third of the drama starts to get heavy and melo-like but overall it is a very well done romantic comedy with sprinkles of melo. Supporting characters and secondary OTPs complement the show well without overtaking the importance of the primary leads.

The show does have its share of scratch your head moments. For example, where's the baby bump Su Mang? And the ending to one of the characters is questionable but these are but minor quibbles.

Overall, very entertaining. And the OST is super catchy. Loved it.
Maks
May 1, 2017
This drama is a fluffy rom-com, with interesting/ wisely-written characters.

I definitely enjoyed much the first three-quarters of the drama, when the multiples romances were built with a lighthearted/comedic mood and sweet moments. The last quarter (10~12 eps) is more melodramatic and (in my opinion) less well handled.

Anyway it still totally worth watching, if only because of the main pairing : Su Mang, Zheng Chu who are totally stealing the show, read more they were the main reasons why I started this drama and definitively my favorite thing of it.

Su Mang, was a thoughful adorable and confident lady : she knew how to stand up for herself but was also sensible and humble and knew how to care for her loved ones.

Zheng Chu was the most caring/lovable male lead ever (didn't lack of charisma or confidence, either ù.ù), the way he didn't take himself too seriously was hella great (his grinning faces though
Kai
Apr 16, 2017
Just watched 18 episodes but drama kept me ticking at every episode and made me watch next. Both the leads and supp-leads are great and so is their chemistry. Can't wait to watch the rest.
Definitely RECOMMENDED.
Lani
Jun 21, 2017
Loved the banter between the two lead actors. The girl got on my nerves sometimes because of how she treated the guy towards the end. The storyline did get a little crazy towards the end....almost unrealistic. But overall the storyline was refreshing (at least for me).
Across the Ocean to See You

Anhui TV
  • Duration:

42 min.

• Score:

8.1 (scored by 363 users)
  • Ranked: