Tunnel

• Members: 7,243
Lily
May 22, 2017
I'll be honest - I picked up this drama because I'm an OCN fangirl, and I'll do the same for the one after it. I was unfamiliar with the leading actors, and was unsure after the first episode. Alas, I stuck through and I'm glad I did.

If you've watched "Signal" (if you haven't - what are you doing?!), you might think that the premise sounds a bit familiar, though the dramas don't have that much in common. In my opinion, "Signal" was a better crafted drama with less plot-holes/the-police-is-too-dumb moments, however "Tunnel" is still a drama that deserves a chance.

One of the things that stood out to me in this one was the main female lead, something that I've disliked with OCN's dramas are their stupid and useless female characters (though, to be honest the rest of kdramaland is no better), however, Shin Jae Yi has been the exception for me. Sharp, smart, and unrelenting, she was a great female character that held my attention alongside the male duo.

This drama's weakness comes towards the end, just like "Voice", it began to fizzle out, with too many police stupidities and too many instances of Park Kwang Ho, the main character, just yelling "bastard" over and over. It was hard for me to get through episode fourteen but I'm glad I did. The ending wasn't as sharp as it could've been, and it wasn't unique like how I would've wanted it (but I do like sad and torturous endings), but it was a heart-warming one.

"Tunnel" is not a perfect drama but it's a good addition to the ever-growing crime genre in Korean dramas. I recommend giving it a try, but be ready to be at the edge of your seat each episode, and be warned that you'll probably spend sixteen hours in front of your screen because it's hard to stop watching one you start.

Wednes
May 23, 2017
While most people claimed they lost interest in the second half of the series, I found the first half very plain and the second half better – which led me to give it an 8/10 overall when it could've been as low as a 6/10 up until episode 7.

Now, don't get me wrong. Each episode from 1 to 7 wasn't bad; they just didn't add up into a good 7-hour experience for me. They were good one-by-one. If you have seen American series (police or crime series in particular), you'll know how they start an episode with one case and ends it within that episode, and nothing from that episode will affect the next episode at all. As soon as our main detective Park Kwang Ho arrives in 2016, Tunnel plays that card.

For character introduction purposes, not touching on the main plot for a short while is totally okay. However, the length of 7 episodes of doing that is painfully long – 44% in and there's still no progress whatsoever. That point kept bugging me all the way. Apart from that, the main characters are good at their job, so the one-case-one-episode is averagely fun on its own.

I believe that the story picks up around episode 8. From then on until episode 12, the pace of the drama suddenly changes in a good way. These are the most exciting and suspenseful 4 episodes in my opinion. There is a surprising amount of improvements from character development to story revelations. The last phase of the drama, episode 13-16, cools down a lot, but it still keeps playing with the main story. For me, it was fine. By the end of the series, I was more satisfied than I thought when I went through the first half.

It's still too bad that after all those satisfying second half, I still don't see the point of making this a time-traveling drama. Of course, the "tunnel" and the time-traveling play a part in this story. I just think that they could've made use of this theme much more – or dropped that idea completely.

The main character who time-travels lacks a lot of "oldies" qualities I expected to see from its premise. By this I mean that he could've possessed old-school yet surprisingly useful methods that help with the modern crime-solving process, or rather appear really countrified that he looks funny. Instead, he adapts to the modern world so well. If this wasn't a time-travel drama and this character was a detective from the present time, it'll still work just fine. It feels almost as if the writers are using this "time-traveling" trigger word just to call for attention.

At the same time, Tunnel cannot escape a lot of clichés in making their characters and criminals, and even situations. A lot of things were revealed by words rather than actions. Many mysteries are solved in a blink of an eye after dragging them for so long. It's like when things build up to a certain degree and you're almost excited, the next moment it becomes "Oh... That's it?"

The cast and their acting really save the entire show. They're extremely great in every given situation, although again, you'll have to get to the second half of the show to see so. I rated their acting a 10/10 although some small side characters are so-so because they don't have much impact anyway.

The background music and sound effect cues aren't awkward, so I gave it a 7/10, but they mostly just went through my ears instead lingering around for more impact. This is the genre that doesn't need emotional OSTs to play at heartbreaking moments anyway. I still wished I ended it with one or two songs to keep listening to. I ended up with none.

Final thoughts: I wouldn't suggest my friends to watch this for the time-traveling. I would suggest them to watch simply because it's a good crime drama with good acting. I liked it – don't get me wrong after I point out all those cons. I didn't regret watching this show. Also, I barely rewatch dramas, and a crime drama can be either too predictable or too gruesome to rewatch, so I gave that part a low score.

Overall, it's a 8/10 for me because it does only 75~80% of what it initially promised to do. This score is not to be compared with other dramas, especially the ones that are not from this genre.

Elle
Aug 4, 2017
Honestly, when I started watching Tunnel, I had no idea what to expect. I knew it had a pretty loyal following, but I had no idea how this show would take me captive. Thus far, I haven't been very impressed with dramas this year. Tunnel is a great crime and mystery drama, but its best asset is its characters. This drama features rich characters with thoughtful story arcs and amazing chemistry.

Choi Jin Hyuk who is cast as the main protagonist delivers a great performance. I was really able to follow all his ups and downs as he tries to figure out life in 2017. Again and again, I am so drawn to Yoon Hyun Min. He is by far my favorite actor to provide as second for any bromance. His role as the young, misunderstood Sun Jae is something of legend. When I first saw Lee Yoo Young's character, she honestly freaked me out a little. The slow burn romance between these two is absolutely delicious. Their subtle advances are soooo deeply satisfying, and I felt this greatly complimented the show.

Tunnel features great story telling. Throughout the drama it unravels a well thought out and intertwined plot. This story had me clinging to my chair the entire time. I felt like every episode revealed another layer to the story. While some have stated that it was too predictable, I pretty much equated the predictability to all the spoilers I accidentally saw when it aired.

I strongly recommend watching Tunnel. It really takes you on an amazing ride. My only regret is that I wasn't able to watch it when it aired.

DancingGoat
May 22, 2017
One of the craziest roller coaster rides in K-dramaland!

First of all, Tunnel is not as good as Signal, but it comes very close. Both Signal and Tunnel have their own ups and downs - while Signal has slightly better writing when it comes to the "time travel", Tunnel has more emotion to it, which makes you care more about the characters and what happens to them.

Tunnel is an addictive roller coaster ride from the first to last episode. It is full of excellent twists, acting and even some feel-good bromance. What more could you ask for?! Some people say the writing got worse towards the end, but I didn't particularly think so. The writers really did an excellent job and the ending is great as well, full of emotion.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are some flaws but this is a production meant to entertain people, and for me this is a 10/10 in entertainment value, and therefore I give it an overall 10/10. I had SO much fun with Tunnel and I already look forward to the staff's next drama, which I hope will be another thriller.

Simply brilliant!

Don't hesitate to give Tunnel a chance, you won't regret it!

Thevilone
May 22, 2017
This is going to be short (here's to hoping).

I didn't had much expectation going in. Because I didn't thought the story will be this much addicting as it was. I waited until it had enough episodes out, before starting to watch it. And thank god that I did. Because I watched those 12 episodes in one day at a stanch. I just couldn't stop. Can't stop.
Waiting for the last four episode was a misery.
I like all the episodes. The story goes a little slow at first but the second half is somewhat mind-blowing. And then the ending. Some will say, that the end wasn't nice. They didn't liked it. But I personally think that it was perfect. I loved it.One of my favorite ending, ever.
Some time the sad-slow ends are what we need.

The story has some holes in it. It is a time traveling story and this type of stories always has some thing like this. So that was not unexpected. And because of the amount of Time-traveling drama is around right now, not many people will feel good about it. And then there is 'Signal' and I am sure a lot of people are comparing this with that one.
Don't do that. They are not same.
The story in it's self is different. Every thing was resolving around a case that starts 30 years ago. One giant mysterious case. And it's our cop's job to solve it.
But the little one around it is what I loved about it. They just didn't show you the murders but what it does to the people around that victim. They are suffering, their pain. And I loved how they honored them in the end.
Because it's always about saving life not the thrill in catching the culprit.

I love all the people in the cast. They are all new to me. But I didn't mind. They drew me in. I liked how they portrayed their characters. Specially Lee Yoo Young. Her character was smart, cold, controlling and no where near the 'sweet-innocent-damsel in distress' type and I loved that about her character. And she pulled it off with an ease.
Choi Jin Hyuk ( welcome back!! ) and Yoo Hyun Min were amazing in their roles. The little bickering and bromance (Though it should be called something else. 60 year old and 27 year old man romance'?) between them just lightened the dark-gloomy scenes a little.
Though most will complain that Choi Jin Hyunk's character had some 'issues' in the last episodes. I just want to state that no one is perfect. So isn't a character. Their flaw is what makes them different form another and special. For Kwand Ho it was calling bad guys 'Jerk'. His a 1980's cop. Cut him some slack will ya'?
Kim Min Sang. I have only one thing to say about his character and about him. This is how a ** should be like.

I am going to re-watch this because I love the love story in this drama. Yes there is one. And I am not talking about Yoo Hyun Min and Lee Yoo Young's characters.
But about Park Kwang Ho and Yeon Seok. Their longing, their pain, their love for each other is one of the best thing about this drama. That sweet little love story twirled in to the bigger story, some how complemented the whole thing. It was the motivation that both of this characters needed. And I love those type of stories.

For those who are thinking if they should watch it or not. I would like to tell you to give this a try. Trust me, you are going to thank me later.
So watch it!

xXabsintheXx
May 22, 2017
This drama was definitely one of the nicer surprises I had this year - within all those other ones I was anticipating alot more, Tunnel actually managed to better its quality from episode to episode.

In the beginning I wasn't really interested in this and then people started to compare it to Signal, calling it a cheap copy of it. That made me curious though and I wanted to see it for myself. Now I thank everyone for indirectly making me watch it - because it's nothing like Signal except the time slip theme.

At first glance the synopsis doesn't appeal very interesting, especially since there are so many time traveling dramas out there recently. But once you give it some time and don't reject it right away, the story will definitely trigger something inside you. That's at least how I felt about this. I started with low to average expectations and ended up with fulfilling satisfaction.

The acting in this started really ordinary. It wasn't bad, but it didn't make me drop my jaw either. It solidly carried the story, as you might say. Choi Jin Hyuk started off quite indifferent, for example. But as episodes went by, he slowly managed to grow on me and make me sympathize with his character alot, especially in the second half. The same goes for Yoon Hyun Min and Lee Yoo Young. Both of them are actors I haven't seen before. I think it's alot more difficult to convince viewers who don't know about a respective cast of a drama and therefore don't crazily fangirl over them. In this case I didn't know about the leads and they were still able to convince me and make me enjoy this drama more than I had hoped for. The more I went into the story, the more I got entangled with its figures - in a good way.

Without telling too much, this drama also has an interesting villain who might not be someone new, but surely piques your interest and makes you excited about his character.

Objectively speaking, I would actually give Tunnel a rating of 8.5. But due to my surprise and personal entertainment I added 0.5 points to it. Hell, this drama is not free from flaws, I admit that. There were some things in the script and about some behaviors, I got angry about because it was flat-out unrealistic or stupid (excluding the time traveling thing, of course :P).
Then again, despite those minor matters, there were other things I happily accepted and which made me overlook the deficits. For example satisfying police work. Hard working officers, most times logical procedures and well done investigations. And the most important thing: No corruption! (a trope I got so tired of). It was also great at connecting and balancing crime and drama, the reason why I got so emotional many, many times while watching.

Other things I really loved were the side love stories that captured my emotions and the background music which was used so well and adjusted so perfectly that you even notice the improvement of the scenes through music while watching and listening.

There are of course also surprises up its sleeves. Some people might be able to foresee them but I also think that the drama did a good job at revealing certain already known or predicted things to its characters. And it did a good job at confusing (at least) me quite well, too. Or let's say it managed to make me think too much about possible turn of events. And no matter the outcome, that feature added completely to my enjoyment.

Cinematography did a really good job many times as well as scene flow and editing/cut. There were moments where I thought "Oh, nice! Well done!".

Conclusion of this one: Tunnel is definitely worth the watch if you are able to overlook some minor flaws. There are still many things to enjoy and be excited about. And one thing: This has one of the best final episodes I've seen so far.

LoveLaughLatte
Sep 8, 2017
Awww, another OCN drama...another happy viewer. I just finished the finale and am extremely happy with the whole show. I've been a HUGE OCN fan for a long time and Tunnel is another satisfying crime drama.

My last one was Voice, and that was my favorite so far, not anymore. Tunnel beat that easily.

I've been a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk since his long flowing hair back at Gu Family Book. And loved him in everything since. Now I love Yoon Hyun Min as a actor. Is it me, or does he look sexy at being emotional?

Awww man. I seriously feel like an emotional wreck. Tunnel was just that good.

If I could give it more than a 10/10 star rating, I really would. I am very happy.

Thank you OCN for making another fantastic crime thriller!

Irene
Aug 29, 2017
There's a lot of comparison between Signal and Tunnel for being both crime dramas. I think the female lead in Tunnel is slightly stronger, in how she was written, although I am undecided if I like her or not. Male lead in Signal was less frustrating to watch. Signal was a better-written show. Both executed very well with strong music. Ultimately, though, I would recommend Signal to my friends over this show.

Watch this if you're in the mood for a crime drama. The first half are more procedural and more enjoyable to watch, as the second half is focused on wrapping up the major storyline.

Unfortunately, this drama doesn't make it to the top of my list for the following reasons:
- Lack of logic in dialogue. Many moments where I'm scratching my head wondering why people aren't more suspicious.
- Why do they never wear gloves at the crime scenes?
- Some parts were not fully explained and one supporting character dropped off the show with little explanation.
- Some of the "reveal" scenes made me laugh because they were overdone (yet satisfying)

Highlights:
- Strong acting. It felt like the actors made the most from the script.
- Unique premise. I love the fantasy aspect of traveling forward in time and discovering while new technologies have been formed, the human psyche hasn't.

The loveline in this drama was well done for its subtlety, which is fresh in the kdrama world.

I haven't watched that many crime dramas yet, so I see there is a lot of potential in korean dramas. Overall can't quite compare to CSI and the like due to plot holes but stronger than American TV shows in the character development and overarching plots. Looking forward to watching more of them!

ZaraAnatalia
May 31, 2017
To be candid, I was not sure if this would be a good drama because of how dark it seemed, however I watched the trailer and decided to give it a try.

This show was AMAZING! It has sci-fi elements as well as mystery, and drama. In some cases, it had comedy, but it does not show up often.

The acting was a little robotic at the beginning, but I think it fit the story very well because the characters start to open up more. In my opinion, it had great character development and growth.

This drama reminded me of the drama, "Signal" which is also really good. If you have seen that drama, I recommend this one for you (if you haven't seen "Signal" go watch it NOW!).

aimsat
May 27, 2017
OCN is well-known for its dark/mysterious/psychological/detective/thriller dramas. Indeed the dramas telecast in this particular channel are always more or less enthralling. Once seated with an episode, a viewer (mainly who love this sort of genre) would finish all the episodes in rapid succession leaving himself/herself unkempt at the end.

Yes, it happened to me after I finished Tunnel in one sitting for two days. After the last and final episode I just couldn't see myself in the mirror. Well that doesn't necessarily mean this drama is a perfection or a masterpiece. Despite having number of flaws and loopholes, it could live up to my expectations.

Although practically the concept of time traveling is superfluous and unrealistic but the integration of both past and present to solve the crime is riveting yet not extraordinary. As a viewer I appreciate the way the writers managed to maintain a cliff-hanger per episode and how one by one a particular mystery unraveled. Any sort of art/literature/entertainment can be preposterous but to make it credulous to the viewers is where the makers can show their creativity. All the credit goes to the scriptwriters who managed it pretty nicely.

In the beginning, few episodes have individual crime story which were solved meticulously by the detective team, however, the main story was there and gradually each puzzle pieces were weaved in a single thread. Though all the bits and pieces were scattered initially but the story maintained coherence till the end. Much confusion was not created with the time traveling factor. The whole drama is like a web of riddle solved rigorously. Overall the story writing was commendable but during episodes 12-16 it became excessive. For instance, if we squeeze too much lemon juice in our rice rather than giving a slight sour flavor, the whole rice would turn bitter in taste. This is what happened with Tunnel during these episodes. The flow was fascinating but due to excessive twists and turns for finding the main culprit, it kind of lost the ultimate thrilling essence in the middle part in my opinion.

One interesting thing is, they tried to depict prisoner's dilemma (a concept of game theory in economics) in a theft case but did not show it vividly. I can remember clearly this whole concept was portrayed exquisitely in the drama named "I Hear Your Voice".

On another note, indignation is inevitable upon any murderers or in general any wrong doers, nonetheless it made me ponder upon a particular thing. That is, giving a child a healthy and fine environment to grow up is extremely crucial. It is true that all the heinous murders took over negligible issues but when the culprit was a little boy from then on he had nurtured grave darkness inside him. From his early childhood the unsound experiences he gathered, later triggered him to exploit himself in a psychotic manner towards gaining aberrant pleasure. It all comes down to the upbringing, nurturing and giving a child a loving environment. Compassion can change a person at a tender age.

Moreover, I appreciate the depiction of the female character, Professor Shin Jae Yi. For goodness sake, they refrained for at least once by not showing a sassy, unintelligent and screaming woman. Shin Jae Yi is stoic but a smart, competent and educated woman who came up with brilliant clues regarding solving the cases. Loved the tough at the same time sweet bromance of Gwang Ho and Sun Jae. Love the comradeship among the fellow colleagues. As I always say Korean writers are best at portraying human relationship and emotion among each other. Hats off to the writers for that. All the casts more or less shown good acting skill though not phenomenal.

Necessary to mention that the last episode is utterly heart wrenching and is beautifully wrapped up. Especially visiting every victim's home and paying respect to each of their family was wonderfully done. This little message "Saving Life is important" is laudable.

On the other hand, background score is reasonable with the situation and I could find only one OST named Circle of Life by Kim Dong Uk. It's soft rock which gets slightly heavy at the end sounds superb.

In conclusion, this drama has the characteristics to put a viewer at the edge of their sit but comes with few flaws. If the errors and flaws can be overlooked, it's pretty interesting. I felt like I have completed reading a thriller novel. For a crime drama genre lover, I don't think it would be a bad choice for giving it a shot.

KatySarang_TGeyes
May 22, 2017
Alright, I have such such mixed feelings about this drama. I'll split it into pros and cons.

Pros:
Seon Jae: I honestly love SJ a little too much. He is pretty much the main reason why I was watching the show lol. Anyway, why did I love his character? A. I found him somewhat relatable. He is someone who doesn't trust easily, needs a reason to open up to somebody, but once he's made a friend he's made a friend for life. B. I just love his story of how devoted he is to his mother and his mother's case. C. He's just so adorable ok! I just love how he really cares about the people around him, but doesn't like to let onto it too much, it cracks me up. D. He's just an all around good guy. He's hardworking, loyal, devoted, and the list could go on.

Kwang Ho: I really like how they made his character true to the 80s. He thinks like a guy from the 80s, which means he's a bit sexist and a chauvinist. I liked seeing the contrast of how he thought of things compared to present day. And sometimes the past was better, but sometimes they were so wrong. The show did a really good job of portraying that through his character. I also just loved his character in general. He's handsome, loyal, hardworking, courageous, and honest.

Bromance: Alright, this was also one of the main reasons why I was watching the show. I just loved the bromance between Seon Jae and Kwang Ho! How it went from hating, to tolerating, and finally to genuinely caring. It just bloomed in this real lovely way and I absolutely loved it! I haven't seen a bromance as good as this one in a really long time. I just really loved it.

Acting: Acting was on point in this drama. Wow Seon Jae, Kwang Ho, and even Jae Yi really brought their characters to life. I could feel their emotions, it wasn't acting it was living.

Feminism: Oh wow, there's some great feminist under-tones in this drama, and it's fantastic! When Jae Yi asks the police "did these women deserve to die?" I was like you go girl!

Yeon Sook and Kwang Ho romance: They had such amazing chemistry, and I just really loved how much they cared for each other. Yeon Sook was such an amazing woman, who has admirable faith in her husband. Though not the focus, they were definitely a beautiful couple. And I wish that I can have a marriage like that one day.

Emotion: This drama's true strong suit is emotion. It packs in the emotion well. A lot of crime dramas, it's simply about catching the criminal. But with this drama you really see how the killings affect people's lives. We're not just catching criminals, we're saving lives. I truly felt the emotion attached to the victims and the victims families. As much as I love Seon Jae and his story, he is not the only reason why I think this. The side cases had a lot of emotional impact too (I nearly cried during one, I never cry lol). While Seon Jae's mother's case was the highlight case, each case was important. The women that died, were people, with lives and families. And you felt for each and every one of them. Not every drama can do that, so I applaud this drama for not only caring about suspense, but reminding viewers that these are people we are talking about. And in real life, when cases like this happen, it is a person that died. Someone with family and friends, and nobody deserves that death.

Episodes 1-9 plus episodes 11 and 16: These episodes are really the strong point of this drama. There's good pacing, smart characters, humor, and touching moments in these episodes. Episodes 8 and 16 were truly amazing, and I applaud the writing and acting. They were truly memorable episodes.

Cons:

Most of these cons came out during episodes 10-15 (save 11). So really only 4 episodes, but it was enough to bother me and really frustrate me. I would say the last half of the show wasn't as enjoyable, and was downright frustrating at times.

Plot: I like to know what the plot is. I like mysteries, but not the actual plot to be a mystery. For example, God's Gift is one of the best mysteries I've ever seen. But the plot is very clear, to save main girl's daughter. This drama I wasn't sure what the plot was till the very end. Was it to go back in time? Was it to catch the criminal (future)? Was it to catch the criminal (past)? Was it both? Was it all 4? I really had no idea, and this made the drama very frustrating to watch, especially the last half.

Jae Yi: I just didn't care for her character. I didn't hate her, but I didn't love her. And if we're being real, I just didn't like the fact that she interfered so much with the bromance towards the end. I'm cruel like that though. If I have neutral feelings or disliking feelings towards a female character, and she starts to interrupt the bromance, I will start to get annoyed with her character. Even if she didn't really do anything wrong. I also found her a bit creepy in the beginning, and there's something she did I found a bit hard to get over. I don't know for the most part she was very meh for me. I mean she had some touching moments, but still. I just didn't grab onto her.

Stupid Characters: Ok, they weren't always stupid, they definitely had their smart moments. But sometimes the writers would decide to make their characters stupid to prolong the suspense. Like sorry, I don't like suspense for suspense, I get really annoyed if suspense is being created because a character is being dumb.

Ending: I loved the last episode I really did! Episode 16 and 8 are by far the best in the series! But, for real there should've been another episode.

Overall, would I recommend this drama? Sure, go ahead. It's good, and the ending episode makes it worth it. Would I call it a masterpiece or a classic? Lol no. It's good, but there are too many plot holes and facepalm moments for it to be a masterpiece. The plot was a bit too all over the place for my taste and the things that made the show amazing at first got toned down a bit in the last half (save the last episode and episode 11). But it's still a good drama and overall there's more good than bad.

MistyMaid
May 22, 2017
I think I'm liking OCN more and more. They spawned one of my favorite dramas, 38 Task Force, which was creatively done and very "edge of the chair" entertainment. The cast was phenomenal and did an amazing job in their acting roles, but I digress this review isn't about 38 Task Force, but Tunnel.

STORY:
At first, I hesitated to watch a supernatural/time-travel Korean drama because they can often be a hit or a miss, 50/50 shot. They are either terribly good or terribly bad. The problem with these kinds of fantastical/super natural element-ed dramas is that the writer either over emphasizes on the theme and over does the "drama" part of it. Kind of like trying to reveal everything way too quickly in the story and mistaken it for plot points. Either that, or a writer doesn't know how to properly use the element and just hashes a bunch of popular techniques seen before and comes out with something that doesn't make sense and again, becomes boring.

The writer, Lee Eun-Mi, did a rather splendid job at pacing the story just right and putting in the element of time-travel in the appropriate places. A week ago, I had wished that they extended the drama to 20 episodes, but I'm glad that that's not true because 16 episodes was just right for the pacing.

What I'm even more impressed about this drama though is their accurate use of the psychological side of understanding a serial killer. Lots of people often don't understand that serial killers aren't born killers, they are made and I'm so glad that the writer took the time to properly insert psychological understandings of why people kill. I even hope that this educates people who watch this drama a little bit about serial killers. Not saying that's a full course but definitely a taste. Applause for the writer to go to the legnths to do their research to display the psychological side of this drama more accurately. I've seen some pretty bad impressions and tries at psychology in Korean dramas and I will say I'm less than impressed. (Side note: I studied psychology and am still self studying to this day, so I may be more passionate about it than most, haha)

ACTING/CAST:
What a great group of casts! I have to be honest and say that I have never heard of seen the main male lead (Choi Jin-Hyuk) before anywhere until I did a little research and saw he was in Pasta but as a minor supporting character. But it looks like he's come a long way and say that this drama will hopefully help him along his career! His acting was naturally done and rarely ever thought that a line or a nuance was staged or overdone.

I also have to admit that I have never heard or seen the main female lead (Lee Yoo-Young) before either and come to find out that this is her FIRST drama! Well done Yoo-Young! Her take on the female lead was realistic, not too over the top either with the cold exterior persona and was a believable portrayal.

I have seen Yoon Hyun-Min before in the drama "Beating Again" and "Heartless City" but as the second lead and happy to see him finally getting some much deserved attention and a romantic happy ending. He definitely has talent but might not have been noticed due to previous dramas. I feel that his scripts always kind of kept him back from really stretching out but Tunnel gave him the chance to show everyone what he's got!

MUSIC:
Nothing to complain really. If anything, I thought the music selection was a little too dramatic when trying to heighten the dramatic/cliffhangers moments but other than that, I'm really not the kind of person who picks on the music unless it was an extremely poor choice.

OVERALL:
Awesome drama and recommend others to watch it too if you are interested in a little serial killer - time travelling - mystery - in the future! Haha! Another great drama produced by OCN. Will be keeping an eye on OCN now and have my sights set on 'Duel'.

Korea has always been known for their romance and melo-dramas but SO HAPPY that they are FINALLY branching out and exploring other genres! I cannot tell you how HAPPY this makes me because frankly I've been watching Korean Dramas for a good chunk of my life and with the amount of romance dramas I've seen in my life, I can safely say a lot of the romance dramas seem to borderline tacky, nonsensical, and almost hateful when you see how tragically weak and helpless the lead female characters are. By no means am I a feminist BUT I can't stand to see characters fall into the "damsel-in-distress" pit. For me, it's more a personal thing, and think it's kind of annoying.

But, I'm happy to see that writers are FINALLY giving these female leads some strength and not that fake " I'll punch you in the face, but not really because I'm just putting up a front for my fragile heart" kind of stuff. These days, writers are finally giving characters some dimensions to their personality and not just existing for the sole purpose to ruin someone's life because they secretly love them. The female lead in Tunnel was given a strong persona. Not the best effort in giving a female character some dimension, but it's a good effort on Korea's behalf at least.

I've rambled on long enough and encourage anyone who bothered to read all of this, a thumbs up! Haha!