WednesHwang
Radiant Office is very subtle, in all the best ways possible. Because of its subtlety, it takes time and attention to appreciate this drama – but all the time you spend will be the most rewarding time of your first half of this year, I swear.

To me, Radiant Office belongs to the slice-of-life and romance genre. After all, it was made to be an office romance kind of show. Comedy is read more almost non-existent here, although that does not mean that this show is dark. It is fun, but if you're here expecting slapstick humor kind of fun, you're in the wrong place.

On the outer level, Radiant Office is a bunch of Korean drama clichés packed together. There's a boss-employee relationship, office settings, fatal disease, and some chaebol family problems. However, on the inside, Radiant Office has a very warm and cozy tone – the complete opposite of those dramas that have the same cliché background.

This is built mainly on their warm and cozy characters. I know that the poster and the synopsis can make our lead female character look very extreme, but she's not, as well as the rest of the crew. They're rather very relatable human-beings. They go through problems (that can sometimes be too dramatic, but again, I can totally overlook that for the fact that this is a drama), but the way they tackle these problems and overcome these situations are so human-like.

You will definitely learn a thing or two at every twist and turn here. When you feel like you can relate to their problems, you'll surprisingly feel comforted by their words and actions. I also love how there's no true "evil" in this story. Whenever someone does something bad, the show progresses in the way you can finally understand that supposed "bad" intention and come to accept that flaw. There are times when good characters make bad decisions as well. This show never tries to perfect or sugar-coat things to make the ordinary viewers like me feel ugly or uncomfortable.

The characters here are all built on the same ground. There's no "rich and powerful" and "ugly duckling" kind of combination. Even if there is a rich and powerful person, they all still have good qualities *as much as* their bad ones. The part that makes this fun to watch is that most of their qualities don't overlap each other. Throughout the show, the best quality of one person will fulfill the bad part of another and so on. It makes everyone complete. This is very heartwarming to see. Trust me, you will fall in love even with the small roles that show up only once every 3-4 episodes (like the secretary or the convenience store worker or our main lead's younger brother). The characters in this show are really that lovely.

THE ROMANCE:

Like I said, subtleness is the key here. I swear I enjoyed the tiny reactions between our two main leads so much and found myself blushing at their chemistry way more than when main leads of other dramas hate each other too much before falling in love with each other. The satisfaction when he slightly takes care of her or acknowledges her talents is real. And, no matter how strong her character is, she's still the little girl who likes to be taken care of in front of him. Their love slowly grows on you.

THE CAST:

I started watching this show without ANY expectation because of the cast. I haven't seen some of these actors, but for the ones I've seen, I can say that this is their best drama so far. I've got nothing much to say. They're very well-suited for their roles.

THE MUSIC:

Honestly, I still don't recognize any of the OSTs. I went back to listen on Youtube before writing this review but I still don't remember. However, I don't remember feeling awkward with the background music while watching, and the ones I just listened to on Youtube are very nice as well. It's too bad that the show doesn't shine the light on these songs. I can only give it a 6.5/10.

REWATCH VALUE:

I personally rarely rewatch shows. For people who do, I can picture you rewatch it for the life lessons and cozy love story. However, it's less likely to be rewatched and still enjoyable because business talks can be too much in some episodes.

OVERALL:

Still, despite the so-so music, the clichés, and the low rewatch value, I still give it a 8.5/10. I don't care about the low rewatch value; a drama is never made to be watched over and over again anyway. Comparing to very upbeat and sweet romcoms, I give high score to this one for its approach in telling the story. This was never made fancy for the ratings from the start. This was made for people who like to lean back and appreciate things.
AnanyaS
What's the one thing that every person fears the most? Death. And when that fear is taken away from you, for whatever extreme reasons, what do you do? You let yourself loose. You say and do things that you might have never done before. And that's exactly what happens with Ha Won.
Honestly though, Radiant Office is not solely focused on the decisions that you make when you know you're going to read more die soon. In it's core, this drama is more of a corporate politics drama. But even that's not all it's limited to. It's a drama about friendship, about making it on your own, about telling yourself not to give up even when you've lost all hope, it's about second chances, and a lot other significant issues that people face in their life. However, instead of delving deeper into the emotional and not-so-emotional aspects of the drama, I'd just like to just point out the reasons why I enjoyed this show. So, here goes-

-First and foremost, it's because of the male lead. After watching the first two episodes, I was afraid the male lead was going to be a typical jerk one. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong. Yes, he starts out as a jerk, but he changes so much. He actually turned out to be a really kind and caring person.
-Ha Won's character is very relatable. A job is not something that's handed to us as soon as we graduate, we have to work for it. But what if it doesn't matter how many times you try, you can't seem to reach your goal? Ha Won can't get a job even after trying 100 times. Her thoughts, her actions, her decisions- everything is portrayed so realistically, that it'll appeal to the audience.
-I loved the trio. They didn't exactly meet in the most preferable situation, but their friendship was one of the best things about the drama. The way they stuck with each other, it was so heartwarming. Even in the situations where they had to compete with each other, they never let it get in the way of their friendship.
-The lead couple was very cute. They went from hate to respect to tentative friendship to finally, something more. I loved it every-time they would have these little moments. One of my most memorable one is where he gives her the secret thumbs-up. It was beyond cute!
-The second couple- Ji Na and Ki Taek, had their charms too. Ji Na, for one, was a character that evolved the most, in the drama. Their relationship grew so much throughout the series.
-Chief Park's innermost thoughts were one of the most hilarious moments of the drama. It sounds so random, but I don't know, I found it really funny.

The could've-been-better(s):
-I wish the romance was a bit more pronounced. I understand that this is not primarily a romance drama, but well, the heart wants what it wants, right?
-I feel like Kang Ho's contribution towards the story wasn't as much as the other characters. To me, it felt like, his character wasn't as fleshed out.
-The last episode seemed a bit rushed. While the major issues were resolved, a lot of other things weren't.

So, that's it for the review. I hope you give this drama a chance.
Happy Watching!
Lily
This drama suffered a common K-Drama problem: fizzling out. It started off very strong, with a lot of potential and a great story to be told but as it progressed the writing got disorganized. Some episodes were too slow, with many situations repeating unnecessarily, while other episodes had too much crammed in and felt rushed. Some characters needed serious fleshing out, such as Dr Seo and Kang Ho, and some plot-lines were read more just scrapped and forgotten.

But don't get me wrong - this was an enjoyable drama (especially the first half of it) that spoke a lot about office politics, unemployment, and the struggle of everyday life. The acting was great, especially that of Ki Taek and Ho Won, and the chemistry between the actors was superb. I believe that if this drama had been pre-produced, it would have been a better final product but, alas, Korea still continues to follow its live-shooting method with a standardized number of episodes, which sometimes causes for a lot of fluff and extra material that is unneeded.

Do I recommend it? Yes, especially to my fellow university students who will soon be looking for employment. This drama reminded me that getting rejected is not the end of the world, and that you will find your place in the world one way or another. Despite its flaws, I would recommend it over other dramas, for it is a more realistic and hard-hitting drama, showing that not everything in life is accidental-kisses and evil mothers-in-law.
Aspyre
This drama is relatable and fresh; it surprised me by how much I waited to watch it every week and the scenes themselves didn't make me skip anything, so it's a good length for the watch value.

The story itself is centered around office work and interpersonal relationships of the workers rather than romance, although there are very dramatic elements to it all the way to the last episode which were a read more bit predictable but still kept it going.

I loved the cast; even though it was a pretty tame genre, the conflicts and overall relationships between the employees reminded me of some more action-driven teams in other dramas that are in detective or court setting.

The main OST is very nice to listen to and embodies the MC well, while the musical backgrounds in scenes were not intrusive or awkward.

In my opinion, I wouldn't rewatch this drama because the conflicts have been resolved and it's not the type to be rewatched as it is a one-watch experience.

I have tried to keep the review as spoiler-free as possible, however, this is a well-made drama that is nowhere near light-hearted as you may think, and whereas a lot of viewers have a problem with it not being overly romantic, I don't think the romance itself was the point here. The soul of this drama is in its people, fleshing them out as they are and how far are they willing to go for themselves or others. There is no chance of excusing a character for who they are and that in its essence is what a lot of dramas have done badly in the end. The friendships and secondary romance couples have enough screentime and are not forgotten, so you do care about all of them throughout the series. The real antagonist is dispersed in little aspects of each of their personalities, as it should be, which makes this drama as realistic as all the everyday situations that happen in an office.

I don't find MDL scores that truthful at all (in fact lately, it feels like opening imdb), so don't overlook this drama because of that, it is much better than plenty of things that are currently airing and have aired just before it.
Amanda
Well, this was an enjoyable drama that had some faults.

It's an office drama, but the drama focuses more on the character's relationships inside the workspace than any task they might have to do. I liked that the drama almost-not-subtly criticizes how women still have difficulty achieving high level inside business companies, and my favorite character in this drama was Chief Jo. She's a strong ambitious woman who is fighting for advancing read more her career while being a single mom and still mainteining her honesty.

There is a little romance with two couple in this series. One is between Chief Seo and Eun Ho Won and the other is between Do Ki Taek and Ha Ji Na. Chief Seo and Eun Ho Won's relationship is very slow building but very sweet and realistic, but it's not the focus of the drama. Like I said, the drama is about all the characters and how they relate to each other inside the work space.

The music in this drama isn't anything special and the acting was very standard. Some were kind of bad, specially in the crying scenes... some just made pained faces while shedding no tears at all, others hid their faces and made crying sounds... it was just bad.

The ending felt really rushed. Like this series could have gotten 20 episodes and everything would haven wrapped up better than it did with only 16 episodes. I think the writers forgot they had to end with 16 episodes or something.

Conclusion, it's a good easy drama to watch and pass the time but don't give up on a better drama for this. Also not worth rewatching because of the same reason: why go back to it when there are other dramas that can be better out there that I haven't yet seen.
Chelsey
So I really enjoyed this slice-of-life office drama. I binge watched it in two days :o

So the story was quite good, it sort of started off far more interesting than how it finished. The first half was amazing and had me sympathising with the characters and the twist of fates. The second half though was nothing like that, it was sort of like they played it safe and not much happened. read more I definitely would recommend this one to watch but it should be treated as a slice-of-life drama (the second half anyway).

There were a few promising plot points that I was disappointed the director/writer didn't use fully. The main one being that Doctor Seo seemed to be shown as a love interest and had a lot of screen time in the first half, but we never really learnt more about him, just how he portrayed himself. I really thought having him as a fully developed deep character in Eun Ho Won's life would have been good. Really the story towards the end was very rushed and left a few loose ends.

Despite this, I definitely enjoyed this drama and recommend you watch this one :)
Oddy
Good and sweet office drama!

The characters and the actors are really making the drama. The story itself is overall simple and linear, but it unfolds at an enjoyable pace.

I didn't really like the first episode, and after completing the drama, it really doesn't reflect the rest of the show, so hang on until the second episode no matter what!

The romance aspect takes the back seat in the drama, the read more main couple has their cute moments, but it's a really small part, and don't expect much cuddling and kissing. However it really fits the story and the characters well, more romance and the drama wouldn't have the same taste. Just don't get in hoping for any big romantic gesture at any moment.
The friendship between Eun Ho Won, Do Ki Taek and Jang Kang Ho) seems really genuine and is used very well. I loved how they linked every character, the side characters aren't just here to serve the main character's story, they are well developed and have their own growth through the drama.

I'm very conflicted about the last episode, while I liked the ending (very open), the whole episode felt rushed. It seemed whole parts that could/should have been developed where condensed in one short scene or just happened off camera. You almost see the writer rushing around to tie up all the loose ends!
I also felt like a few plot lines weren't fully exploited, mostly in the first half of the drama, as if they were trying something but weren't sure what to do with it in the end.
JaeMin89
What I liked about this drama is the actual plot is as real as it gets. Last year I myself was looking for an internship and it was awfully hard. Getting out of the way travelling at ends of the country just to get that experience, just to become employable. I could see myself and every young millennial/gen Z person trying to get an internship and create a future in this overly read more competitive environment.

What do you do when you have tried everything ?
What do you do when you realise that getting the right job is not everything ? and the life you underestimated is at stake ?

Ho wons personality I really liked she was real in the sense she was humble but also knew how to stand up for herself. I would say it is a character that develops well throughout the drama.

Director Seo was also a great personality. A guy that worked hard his whole life to make himself succeed not another chaebol that you see in every bloody Korean drama. In a sense, it gives you hope that hard work and integrity can help you climb up the ladder as difficult as it may be. I also like that fact that he is no prince charming, you can tell he is a perfectionist, detail oriented, smart and cold as ice when he needs to be.

One of the most interesting parts of this drama was how the friendship of the three develops and how they're not perfect with each other but at the end of the day these three care about each other like brothers.

The comedy part of the show with Director Jerk and Jung Tae was quite amusing and also assistant manager Lee.

Romance-there was definitely something but i felt that it was slightly rushed ?

Needs improvement:

I feel like the last episode had far too much to it- if they did 18-20 episodes it would be better.

Romance needed a smoother development !

If you want something that heavily focuses on romance then thats not it ! If you want a slice of life I would definitely recommend !
pplhelpthepeople
Overall a fantastic show! While the romance takes a second seat compared to office politics in my opinion it makes the romance that was shown all the sweeter. A great mix of drama, comedy, slice of life, romance! It was simple yet very satisfying and I would recommend to any of my friends.
Laplej
Radiant Office was a refreshing pickup just in time for the warmer weather. This drama was not too heavy on their romance label (I see you there…). I mean there was more romance between the supporting characters than the main lead couple—some people probably were expecting different I’m sure (I was one…). But at the same time, the story was solid despite the lack of romance fluff. I liked the trio’s progression read more throughout the drama, would have liked to see more of Kang Ho’s though. The main couple were like a bland yet stimulating side dish when they were meant to be the main dish. I feel like the drama ended too soon, or the stories for the characters weren’t concise enough for 16 episodes. Maybe they could have cut out some of the filler to make it work better.

Anyways I rated it a 9.5 even though I mentioned some not so nice things. This drama does do a good job of making you think about the human condition when it comes to employment and careers. All the stress, responsibility and suffering that goes along with being successful in what you do.

I loved the drama for that aspect. There were moments of tears, sniffles, laughter, joy and happiness sprinkled throughout the story. But the overwhelming emotion I felt was rooting and cheering with the underdog and wanting them to get their big slice of pie in the sky—so to speak.
RinnyMusic
I believe this drama has some very good points to it. It basically gives you realistic view on how much we work for an education to get a better career. It also gives us a lesson on the what ifs of life. What if there was no tomorrow for you what would you change? The drama also has a little romance inter twine with it.

The basic its about friendship, co existing, read more love, family, life and death. Learning to live each day to the fullest and know that each day is a gift..

The cast was awesome.

Loved the music.

I would rewatch it again.
SandyKwon
I liked it and loved their acting. i loved the way they portray their characters. This is a very realistic drama. At first for me it was kinda boring.. bt then suddenly i started to like it.. I think it's because its closer to our current world, i felt the characters and i was able to understand their emotions.
But is it so hard to put a kiss scene? can't they put read more a drunk kiss or accident kiss or ? i'm here at the 14 episode no kiss yet.. bt they do care for each other in a cute way..
And the second couple is hella good..
You can see Ha Suk Jin's high quality trash moments here as well,,, these types of roles really suit him
It's worthy watching. i think you'll love it..
Radiant Office

MBC
  • Duration:

60 min.

• Score:

7.8 (scored by 1,268 users)
  • Ranked: