Hit the Top

• Network: KBS2
  • Duration: 30 min.
  • Genres: Comedy, Romance, Life, Youth, Drama
  • Tags: Time Travel
  • Rating: 15+ Restricted (violence & profanity)

• Members: 7,665
alpakakleofas
Jul 23, 2017
This was one of the best drama I have ever watched, if not the best. Light but at the same time quite complicated. It definitely was The Best Hit.

First of all there is a plotline. It started off pretty weak but quickly got better. It was funny, it balanced well between cliche and innovation. The most important thing is it was totally enjoyable. There was not even a moment I got bored, I barely skipped anything in this drama. Characters were well developed, even side characters had their story that explained their actions and behaviour. And the relations between them! Something beautiful. Especially good was bonding between Lee Sun Tae and his granddaughter Mal Sook. The humoristic aspect was ideal. I love how they did so many parodies and at the same time managed to make more dramatic plot. No exaggerated plot-twists. I like how they made us think it is going to be predictable but they did something totally new and refreshing. Even the ending was good and it's hard for me to like the ending as well.

Casting was the best thing that could have ever happened to this drama. All those cameos were so good! For those who watch 1n2d they were even more enjoyable. I really liked Deokhwa in this drama as well as his character's granddaughter. Yoon Shi Yoon did great in portraying his characters and changes in him. I want to praise Cha Eun Woo too - he did really good. Hong Kyung Min managed to act so good it had me wondered why did he not pursue his acting career. He was the real scene stealer in this drama. Special mention to Lee Han Seo who made this drama even more approachable. Not to mention Cha Tae Hyun - it is undoubtedly difficult to do both acting and directing, yet he managed to do exceptionally well in both.

When it comes to directing it would be a huge mistake to forget about Yoo Ho Jin. It was his first drama and he did a really good job. I think it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call him a genius. I am really looking forward for his upcoming projects.

I can't say much about the music in this drama, it's pretty ordinary, nothing's out of order. I do want to say I really like T-ara's song and it weirdly matches this drama well. Also it really bugged me that the instrumental of Yoon Mirae's song is pretty much the same as her previous work in Descendants of the Sun.

Summing up, it was quite a journey. I can't say that as a fan of 1n2d I'm not biased towards this drama team but I tried my best to give an objective opinion. The only thing I hated about this drama is the beginning. I even thought about not watching it and hanged on just because of the cast. And I do not regret this decision.

BeautifulSwan
Jul 23, 2017
Uum this drama is ddabong!, the story is very refreshing and unpredictable. It's so funny like hell. I lost count how many times i have laughed for this show. This drama is good to cheer you up during tough times in life. Heavy drama could make you think harder and feel nervous, but this drama makes you feel younger because of the comedy. The 90's style is also very nostalgic. It's a journey about an ex-idol who learns about life through his family in the future. He learns to be a responsible adult eventually. It has many aspects, not only talking about one person's life but also the whole characters life, what their dreams, their hardwork to achieve it, a delayed dream that has been swallowed because of uncertainty, etc.

Acting is great especially for hyun jae aka da bong. Cha tae hyun always does a great job. Grandpa is so lovely. Mal sok is cute and funny. Their family may not be perfect but they love each other.

Music is ok.

Rewatch: I have re-watched a few funny episodes.

Overall: a very satisfying drama, good job.

SPOILERS:
*********************************************************************************************************************

Ending is not logical but it has happy ending, so i am ok.

kingsqueen
Aug 15, 2017
I thought this show was just ok. It started out promising, but kind of petered out toward the end. I thought that the ending was confusing (regarding the time travel element) and was sort of a cop out. I did like main characters - Hyun Jae, Woo Seung, but the whole storyline was too meandering to really have a solid plot and they focused so much on the main OTP that the other characters really suffered from a lack of development. Ji Hoon, Hye Ri, Drill, and the others were all given a good intro, but there was no follow through on delivering any sort of storytelling for their characters.

The show wasn't a total waste of time and there were cute moments and decent music, but overall I would not watch again.

Anton
Jul 28, 2017
If you are looking for a simple drama with comedy and romance maybe this is for you, but i would recommend you to turn off your brain.

This story like someone wrote in the comments, didn't know what story it wanted to tell and ended things..weird, maybe that's because the directing -sorry Cha Tae Hyun-. At first i didn't know this was suposed to be like a sitcom for the amount of guest actors the had each episode. the comedy part was fine but the romance part felt so wrong.

There is no character development, the characters have no depth, so when the drama wanted to be more dramatic they failed, and i never figured it out whom were suposed to be the important characters untl the end -there were only 2 important characters-.

And that leads me to other problem, the casting, Yoon Shi Yoon acting like Yoon Shi Yoon he was quite enjoyable until the drama focused on him, then he was annoying and his acting was exagerated ,Lee Se Young is beautiful but she cant act and seriously she is not comedy material the girl was awkward to watch, thats why i coudnt like those characters. The rest of the cast is good especially the olders, i mean chae Tae Hyun, Yoon Son Ha,Lee Duk Hwa made me finished this drama because of how good they are in their roles that made me love their characters.

The music , they wasted the opportuny to show something memorable like in Repply 1997

Is not part of my plans to rewatch this drama, not even for some actors.

Overall this is far to be one of the best dramas of the year, really unrealistic in many aspects ... i mean Lee Ji Hoon is too good to be real.

Sarita Sam
Jul 25, 2017
I can honestly say that Hit The Top is one of the best dramas I have watched in a while. The story is quite unique, and the cast play their roles very well. My only complaint is the music. I found myself laughing about the choice of music played during certain scenes, that I wish were different. This drama will stay close to my heart for a long time, and I can't wait to see more of the cast in any upcoming dramas.
juvy
Jul 23, 2017
Among the ongoing dramas I have been watching together with this, Hit the Top, for some reason, was the show I looked forward to the most.

I really thought that the story was pretty shallow and simple at first but its last episodes proved me wrong. It makes you think that you already know exactly what's going to happen next or how it is going to end, but there would be lots of aspects that would leave you off guard. I just think that the story had so much more potential but it was constricted because the drama was only 16 episodes.

Acting was great, and I was not disappointed with anyone's acting at all. I loved all of the relationships this drama had to offer — friendship, family and romance. The actors and actresses made the relationships so real, everyone had chemistry with everyone hahahaha. (Special mention: Soon Tae and Mal Sook, this is a grandfather-granddaughter combo that would always be in my heart)

OST WAS JUST DDABONG. It is a very rare occurrence for me to like all the OSTs of one drama but for The Best Hit, all of the soundtracks were just amazing. (I am not even exaggerating here, their soundtracks are just so really great).

Andddd I would definitely rewatch this. Yoon Si Yoon's character in this drama is someone you'd definitely miss, Hyun Jae was reaaaaaalllyyy noisy and all over the place but he was so precious, I can't get annoyed with him.

Overall, it was a heartwarming drama. The characters were so indulging, I feel like they are actual people I know in real life. Now, I need to figure out what I am going to do with my life since the drama is already over. And this is the first review I made in this site, just proves that The Best Hit really made an impact on me.

unicornislife
Jul 23, 2017
This drama is DDABONG! I was so excited to know that Yoon Si Yoon was gonna work with Cha Tae Hyun and Yoo PD (previous 2D1N PD) because it's a reunion:) I'm a 2D1N big fan, watching them in variety shows and drama is a huge difference. Ok that's not the main point, so here it goes...

Firstly, the story is really a very interesting one, involves time travelling but also mysteries about the past as well as dreams, friendship and romance. This interesting plot line captured me a lot throughout and I was so so so curious about what's going on. Many wild guesses and imaginative moments. Also FUNNY! Maybe because Im used to 2D1N kind of humour so this drama is really a crazily hilarious one for me.. So if you're a fan of the variety (Season 3), go for it!
And here comes the negative points of the drama. I see many comments about how this drama deviated away from the direction that they wished it went (story focus deviated) which I agree but it wasn't too bad cause my ship sailed for me. The only disturbing point for me is the ending. It was happy and ok but wasn't quite satisfying. Just left me still puzzled.

Next, the acting was superb. I wont deny that I'm a fan of YSY but that is because his acting is really good (and underrated). His portrayal of the drama is amazing especially since his real personality is totally opposite of his character in the drama. And CTH, KMJ, LSY and all the actors/actresses are equally amazing. I mean it. (Im just mentioning YSY in detail cause Im a fan haha) Im just taking out 0.5 marks out cause I think I may have missed out any awkward acting.

Lastly, Beautiful Beautiful is such an addictive song. I think PUNCH deserves to be called an OST queen... Not to diss Glabingo (the duet singer with PUNCH), but PUNCH should just sing with the EXO members to create more OST and drama hits. BUT THEN Beautiful Beautiful is still a perfect masterpiece:) More notable OSTs form the drama include Dream (rapped by KMJ), the songs by KyuHyun and Yoon Mirae (go Google).

It was a really an enjoyable drama, gave me reasons to stay at home on weekends. Cried at some points and laughed throughout. I think at some points it gave us a lot of deep reflections. It was a drama worthwhile of my time. I will give it a rewatch when I miss MR DDABONG because he is such a precious character. Let me end off by going off topic (like how I started), I hope Yoon Si Yoon can live more freely like how his character is in the drama, and lastly, I wish all actors/actresses/crews good luck in creating their Best Hits in life. You too!

SASH
Jul 23, 2017
+ The cast is great - they all held their own (even Taeyang's brother who provided us with some great laughs as MC Drill). It was a pretty easy watch and it was nice that they didn't go the ultra dramatic route with some of the birth secrets. The overall message of the drama is quite simple yet meaningful.

- The story itself is what I find to be a little lacking as the tone was a bit uneven and it got a bit draggy in the middle. The character arc of Hyun Jae could be more fleshed out with how he changed so drastically, making it a bit puzzling (?) There are gaps in logic too that I wish they'd explain to make it end a little neatly.

Overall, it was a good drama. Enjoyable and full of heart.

Valeria
Jul 23, 2017
I remember when the first episode came out I didn't feel like watching this at all, it seemed more like a cheap comedy without a good plot (this is what happens to me for reading the dramafever synopsis ugh). For some reason I decided to start watching it and holy gosh that's probably the best decision I've ever taken in my life.
This is not only the story of a guy who time travels to 2017, it's way more than that, and with every episode that passes you'll realize it.
It has an incredible cast with incredibly chemistry between them, YSY amazed me in ways any actor have done it, especially in the 31st episode (if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about, it will blow your mind)
I have been watching tv shows since who knows, and this is probably the first time that I was so terrified of playing the last episode of a tv show because I was afraid of letting it go.You would not believe all the theories that run through my head while watching this, all the sad and all the happy endings you can imagine, but at the end the writers played me again (after having done it at least four times through the whole drama) and closed up the whole thing with a perfect ending, with a perfect quote and with a perfect scene.
Honestly if I could I would give the writers all the prices they deserve and even more.

Marie
Jul 24, 2017
I would recommend Hit the top to anyone who want to have a great time with an entertaining drama, The story line is funny and refreshing and you will fall in love with the characters, even "the bad one".
Hyun-jae story get more and more touching through the episodes and you'll probably catch yourself laughing, smiling and crying with him.
Even though the story line does not feel completed, You should watch it If you want to have a good time ! (Sorry for my english)
AliciaS
This drama was all over the place and most of the places it went weren't good.

The story/plotline is really messy.  I had my doubts about this drama because of the whole time travel thing, and my doubts definitely weren't gone after watching this.   The drama lost focus throughout and it felt like there really was no central theme the drama was trying to portray.  This wouldn't have mattered as much if the drama compensated for it in other ways, comedy etc., but it didn't.  In fact I've little to no idea what I was supposed to have gotten from watching this.   The writers almost scratched the surface of different issues but as soon as it seemed they'd go somewhere with it, they'd stop.

One thing that I always hope when watching a kdrama is that it will not only provide interesting and deep main characters, but supporting characters who are eye catching and attention getting as well.  That's one of the many areas that this drama fails in.  Bo Hee is the most boring character ever.  Drill is also boring which is ironic because I think he was supposed to be the fun and quirky friend but instead he was just annoying and one dimensional.   The grandpa and Mal Sook could have been really cute and interesting but they weren't given enough backstory for me as the viewer to care about them.  I also felt that the focus shifted from the supporting characters all of the sudden to just a couple of the main characters rather suddenly and nonsensically.  This wouldn't have bothered me as much if I was super into the main character's storyline, but I'm gonna be honest, the main characters really weren't a whole lot more interesting than the supporting characters.  Yoon Shi Yoon's character, Da Bong or Yoo Hyun Jae started out cute, but as episodes went on he started bothering me more and more.  Kim Min Jae's charcter Ji Hoon had potential to be intriguing.  I liked his whole struggle with choosing his life's path at the beginning  when he wanted to debut even if it wasn't encouraged by those in his family but instead of developing that, the writers just dropped that and chose to start ignoring Min Jae's character.  He became the guy who had a crush on the girl and nothing else really happened to him.  MJ, played by Eunwoo, I probably liked the most but his role was really small and he didn't get to do much.  The main couples romance didn't seem natural and I didn't feel the chemistry between them.  Kiss scenes kind of cringy in my opinion.  I think I shipped MJ with Woo Seung more than any of the other guys.

Obviously there were parts to this drama which I liked otherwise I wouldn't have forced myself to finish it.  But I would not recommend it and I almost regret watching it, but not quite.

KipennelaLongkumer
Aug 19, 2017
Indeed it is a comedy drama. I enjoyed a lot. I thought Lee Ji-Hoon was the main character. But it turned out to be Yoo Hyun-Jae (I wonder if his character is same in real. All the dramas which I have watched has almost the same character, very jolly, talkative, funny and cute. I enjoy watching his drama). And that bakery Ajumma (she is a beauty),Choi Woo-Seung ,Lee Gwang-Jae,MC Drill;Lee Soon-Ta,Park Young-Jae(that guy who looks cute when he is angry);Cathy,MJ,Mal-Sook(too cute),Cathy-This people are dapong without them the drama would have been boring. I just wish the last ep. could have done better. Overall, Dapong dapong dapond dapong,dapong!!! you should watch.