The Princess' Man (2011)

tichinatam
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
Jun 29, 2014
When I say this is my favorite drama ever, I'm not lying! I had been putting off this drama for a while because the short summary didn't seem to interest me- but trust, I regret putting it off for so long. I don't think could write bad thing about this drama, everything was perfect! t had a well-devised plot, and nothing dragged on too long. It was well compressed into 24 episodes- read more I even wish it went on longer. The cast had great chemistry- and the acting was phenomenal. This drama definitely played with my emotions- from the butterflies that Seryeong and Seungyoo gave me, to the annoyance and irritation the Grand Prince gave me due to his greed for power. The music was on point, every track perfectly suited the scene/situation. I recommend this drama to anyone! I'm starting to miss this drama and it's only been 3 days since I watched it lol :'(
rainruma
9 of 11 people found this review helpful
Apr 21, 2014
This dramas is so much better than others in all its qualities… An epic Romance w/ political intrigue, in a captivating, tight and fast-moving plot… A story beautifully told and well executed by:
Amazing acting…Great directing/editing/writing…Beautiful cinematography…Superb production…Mesmerizing soundtrack…even the clothes were noticeably beautifully designed.
Awesome performance by Park Si-Hoo- I can understand all his thoughts & emotions through his eyes- from the charming, easy-going teacher to the tortured soul caught between read more Love and Revenge!!!
Surprisingly, one of the best romances I have ever seen… I have seen it several times and will, no doubt, watch it again in the future.
rachso
10 of 12 people found this review helpful
Mar 29, 2014
Wow just wow. Before I watched it every one compared it to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, however Romeo and Juliet was not this intense. If only every drama had acting and a story line this good. seriously. I dropped this drama At first because I won't lie to you it's tragic right from the first episode, which is why it is the best politics romance drama I have ever watched. Have you read more ever seen someone thanking a person for stalking and kidnapping them. Well not thankfull persay really just glad, they had the strongest chemistry I have ever seen in all the Korean dramas I have watched so far, it wasn't like these romantic drama clichés, no. it was realistic enough. Overall IT WAS SUPERB!!!! Huh.,,
Danya
Oct 19, 2013
This drama !!! Is the most beautiful thing my eyes ever saw *___* well from when can i begin the story is amazing it is like romeo and Juliet they loved each other after that he finds out that she is that person's daughter !!! And confused feelings !!!! The acting was awesome i mean in every drama there are those people who don't act well have some troubles with acting but read more this one's cast was soo awesome and they did a great job with the cast picking !!! And the music actually i liked all of the ost of the drama i think that it has 6 songs and i downloaded them all and i always listen to them and this drama talks about friendship,love,family,thriller and their love was ofcours amazing i had to repeat every scene between them until the one ep becomes magically two hours sooo overall this drama is perfect and it deserves 1000 not 10 and i am actually writing this review after i watched for the second time so it has a high rewatch value :) .
dramafreakboy
9 of 10 people found this review helpful
Oct 14, 2013
1) The reason I watched this :

The Trailer (promo) seemed too promising , the forbidden romeo-juliet themed love , encouraged me to watch .. ONE WORD this drama is THE BEST korean historical Drama I have ever seen , everything was perfect from acting , production , music , direction , This drama is no.1 on my list coz it contains everything a watcher needs from Romance , to action , read more politics and twists , to the extreme happy cute moments to extreme tear sad moments

2) Storyline/Plot:
Magnificent , the whole story was solid , the love , the cute romantic scenes , the hate , the revenge the forgiveness , the new love , everything about the story is perfect , the screen writes did a really good job , even secondary roles story are perfected .

*The cinematography is great , which is one of the strong points of this drama

*Main Genres:

--->Action and politics : Best ever

--->Romance: EPIC , the chemistry between the 2 main leads is high and present , u can feel every single feeling they feel , u'll live with them .. feel the love , hate , revenge , new love ..

Story: 10/10.

3) Acting/Cast:

*Main Leads : Moon Chae Won and Park Shi Hoo both of them done a really great job , the chemistry between them is high and present with strong impact.I became a big fan of moon chae won after this show , I watched all her other dramas ..

*Supporting actors : all of them done a perfect job every one in his role , starting from the king , to the servant . Kim Yeong Cheol , Song Jong Ho , Hong Soo Hyun
each done a really good job , Even the 6 years old Kim Yoo Bin , especially in ep 17 , I can't Imagine how a 6 years old girl can act this well !!!! she made me cry , 10/10 for choosing the supporting cast this perfect .

*Relationships:

--->Romance: the starting romance in 1st episodes " Beautiful and cute " I didn't expect it at all to be this great , coz this is a historical drama after all HOW CAN THE ROMANCE BE CUTE IN OLD TIMES , but seriously I was hooked, the scenes were amazing..And what's even more amazing even in hatred u can feel the chemistry between them , its my first time for me too watch love in hatred , u must watch to understand what I mean ..

chemistry 10/10

--->The triangle: It was a really good one , which didn't affect the development of romance between main leads , again one of the strong points . song Jong Ho did a great job

Cast: 9/10.
Acting: 10/10.

4) The ending: one of most memorable ending in k-drama land , and was beautifully done

The ending: 10/10.

5) My impression (How did it affect me):
Its like I lived in the world of love and dreams for a short period of time :) , the pure unconditioned love ..

*Is the drama memorable: YES

My impression: 9/10.

Rewatch : I rarely rewatch any drama , but this one I already watched it 4 times in less than a year , I have never done that before with any drama ..

6) Overall:
Overall: 10/10
KDramaCucko
6 of 6 people found this review helpful
Oct 14, 2013
I don't even know how to begin this review other than these 3 words: Oh! My! Gosh!

It's been a year since I watched The Princess's Man, and I am still captivated by the story line and the lead actress and actor. This is absolutely one of the greatest Korean dramas I ever watched.

A very beautifully written drama. It is not like any other ordinary show. I watched the first 5 read more episodes and had to make sure that it's only 5 episodes and not 16 because the story line is to tight and so good! It already has so many conflicts from the beginning of the drama. The story kept me on edge even though I could not bear watching the heart-wrenching scenes of betrayal.

The main leads are SUPER AWESOME!
Love love love them!
They did really well portraying their characters. I highly recommend this drama.

A must watch!
akai-kitsune
8 of 8 people found this review helpful
Aug 1, 2013
The Princess Man got a perfect score from me, because it pulled off every genre. I laughted, cried, hold my breath, trembled.....

The beginning of the drama is a cliche in my opinion, but the actors are very good and so you don't get bored. Later on the story doesn't let go of you and your emotions.

All the characters are being introduced in a good way. They don't stay as 2D read more characters, but are 3D. You don't just see the development of the main couple, but also the development of the side characters like the princess, the best friends and so on.
Believe me or not I loved the villian. No matter what bad he did I so wanted to forgive him. I so wanted him to turn good.

The OST is one of the best I ever heard. Wow, how the many songs moved me to tears at time. Hell, I even cried for the happy moments. The songs are all on my Mp3 and I get the same emotions everytime I listen to them.

Did I mention the acting? All actors do a good job. Park Shi Ho not only shows of his good looks and abs, but also an outstanding performance.
Moon Chae Won showed her great acting skills through this drama. Her chemistry with PSH was very good and you could feel their love.
Lee Min Woo as Jung Jong just broke my heart with his acting. Song Jong Ho was so good as the villian.

I don't think I'll ever rewatch this drama again, but I recomment it to everyone.

As said its one of the best drama ever.
drama_addict
Jul 31, 2013
This drama is so perfect! I watched this for like 10 times already. It's really cruel but sometimes heartwarming! I love the casts, especially Moon Chae Won, she's really gorgeous. The storyline is great. I would definitely recommend this to everyone! I cried a lot for this drama too but it's really worth it. This along with Bridal Mask are my favorites!
Sashimi
15 of 15 people found this review helpful
Jun 19, 2013
I don't usually write reviews for dramas and this would be my first; but I just had a few things I wanted to point out to people who are thinking of watching it.
(Sorry it’s pretty long haha)

• This is INTENSE. Hah. I watched it not long after completing "Cheongdamdong Alice" which is a light hearted romantic comedy with the same lead actor (Park Si Hoo) and they couldn't be further read more far apart and in opposite spectrums! And while intense dramas are usually the genre I opt for and I sincerely wasn't expecting a drama so masterfully written that would blow out the waters.
• 'Star crossed lovers'/ 'Forbidden love' are these genres that you love to venture into? Well this is right up your street. Although you may be presumptuous into believing you are getting a very typical 'Romeo & Juliet' type story, it has a lot more depth than you could ever imagine. I hope you’ll bear with the slow start of this drama)
• I highly applaud the writer for not taking us down the standard K-drama cliché route. While it's so hard to maintain fresh ideas (with so many dramas around) and avoid the typical rules of K drama land, I am impressed at how the story was carried out with some pretty un-predictable revelations. While it was not faultless I can’t say it applied to everything but it was a pretty damn close to being as far away as possible from being stereotypical.
• Astounding OST I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for a good OST. And boy does this do it for me. Baek Ji Young is definitely the queen of OST’S and this is just an additional one added to her line of hauntingly beautiful soundtracks she has done. Her song ‘Again, today I love you’ will stick with you long after the drama ended, that said all the songs that represent the main characters (Particularly the lovers Seung Yoo and Se Ryung) each have their own songs which literally scream what you can hear blaring from their hearts.
• Wonderful chemistry between the two leads. Usually something that is overlooked, as sometimes while it can be fantastic to put two high profile actors together for a drama however It doesn’t beat two leads who share an amazing on screen chemistry. While I don’t mean the fire work/sparks flying of the screen type, but the type, where you genuinely believe that these are two people in love. (I’d say their phenomenal acting has a lot to do with this) But you can feel/breathe each characters feelings and when they are happy, you’re joyful but when their heart’s break, so does yours.
• It’s not perfect. No not nit-picking, I absolutely loved this drama, and while nothing is perfect and I have so much praise for it. I want to point out that it does have its flaws; some parts of the drama can feel slightly dragged out, and you may feel at times you don’t get indulged enough into seeing enough of the romance side and on some occasions in episodes there wasn’t enough screen time for the romance aspect. Don’t get me wrong, I love the side stories and the political side was a great element of the story line as well as portraying why the two leads are the way they are; but at times I thought there was too much emphasis on the side stories and lack of concentration on the main protagonists. I think the long wait for these precious moments we all wait for did make it all so much sweeter when we finally got them and powerful scenes between Se-Ryung and Seung-Yoo were nothing short of spectacular.

Some moments I think I needed a fan/ Park Si Hoo sizzles and Moon Chae Won is unbelievably charming I am almost convinced this was not a drama and it all happened it real life.
I do hope you enjoy this hauntingly beautiful drama as much as I did, my heart gets a gut wrenching feeling when I hear the OST and although this is not my favourite drama nor will I be re watching it for a while (Too.Intense.man) need too cool off. Phew! I would watch it for just for the Seung Yoo/Se Ryung Moments (I do love this couple)
It’s not just another tragic love story drama, It’s set in a context where you can understand why the two leads would fall in love (‘stead of telling you that they had because it’s part of the plot), the development in each character is something you will see blossom and grow as you see how people lived/ and their values were at the time. It will make you reflect on what’s important and how it was never easy to live the way they wanted to back then as the complications of blood ties and where betraying your father was treason.
uenorie
15 of 15 people found this review helpful
Apr 15, 2013
I am not fond of sageuks, but this one... this one took my breath away. If all sageuks were like this, I would never hesitate watching them. From the story to the acting to the music, this is one of the few dramas that got almost everything (if not everything) right. I loved everything about it. Excellent story, brilliant actors, great music. It was intriguing to watch how a daughter could turn read more her back on her father in order to stand up for what is right. Also, it was touching to see what real friendship was all about despite all the betrayals and such. But most of all, it was endearing to witness how one great love could withstand everything that came in its way; it makes me wonder if such love does exist in this world.

Three words: Stunning. Poignant. Unforgettable.
jediprincess
9 of 10 people found this review helpful
Mar 20, 2013
This Romeo-and-Juliet-like drama sent me to the edge of a cliff and I got affected so much with the struggles and motivations of the main characters. It has the best villain you will hate and love at the same time because he was so effective to his role as the evil Crown Prince Su Yang who defied fate and the heavens to fulfill his wish of sitting on the Royal throne.

My read more dilemma every time I watch a period drama is I have to do a background check and keep my attention focused so I won’t miss the important details, and with my grasshopper-ish attention span, it was really hard, but no matter how dramatic the series went, I did not halt my horse and stayed with it because they made it so stirring and so emotionally invoking.

The directing and cinematography were captured efficiently projecting a gripping story throughout its conclusion. How they maneuvered the movements of the conflict without making the protagonists looked so annoyingly pathetic was strategically laid which made me admire the writer of the story.

The acting was top-notch. Everyone stepped up and portrayed their characters as they balance their roles to complement and support each other. I was so moved with how the lead couple struggled to claim the love that is rightfully theirs. Feeling Seung-yoo’s pain sent me crying and cursing at the King who I believe was Voldie’s cousin, and I applaud Se-ryung’s facets of characters displayed throughout the story. Again, the main villain here I hated so much and was already placed in my hall of famers.

The Princess’ Man is a drama so complete and will suffice the addiction you will endure as you gape each episode. It has a conflict that was justified well and was concluded in a realistic manner. It was agonizing and yet a very loving tale that will remind you of the risks in committing yourself to someone, the bittersweet pain of coming to terms that love has always casualties and the reality that until you learn to forgive, you will not be able to feel in your arms that person who defined you what is love. -jediprincess ^_^
fayeblue
Mar 17, 2013
This drama is truly a work of art in every sense of the word. Never have I seen such flawless, intricate and well-constructed plot with exceptional acting skills in a drama... It is so well written that every after episode, the suspense builds up and the plot keeps getting better. There is a complete balance of romance, drama, action, suspense tangled with love, friendship, betrayal, war, politics and revenge. The drama depicts read more many flaws of human nature so there will be times when you get so frustrated with the story but then again it teaches you the subtle meaning of life. There are a lot of clever twists in the story that you will never guess what will happen next. I absolutely love these twists because they keep you on your toes and keep you captivated to this drama ‘til the very end. It is also remarkably fast-paced that never will you experience a boring moment. The ending was good and very endearing to the heart.

The cinematography was good. It was able capture the life at the time of Joseon era in vivid colours.

The acting was outstanding. Each character portrayed their roles exceptionally well. I love all the characters in this drama. The female lead who is willing to sacrifice her own life and fight for the man she loves. The male lead who is conflicted and torn between his loyalty to his family and for the love of the woman he shouldn’t have. The antagonist for being so good at being the evil villain. The supporting characters were also good and endearing. They’ve become vital part of the story that without them the story would have been incomplete.

The Princess’ Man is undeniably the best drama I’ve ever watched so highly recommend it to everyone.
The Princess' Man

KBS2
  • Duration:

1 hr. 5 min.

• Score:

8.7 (scored by 3,342 users)
  • Ranked: