Flower Boy Ramen Shop (2011)

Soori
6 of 9 people found this review helpful
Feb 20, 2012
I actually started this drama because of the fuss around it. Mostly, in "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" you will probably find the normal recipe of Kdramas. Rich boy falls in love with the poor girl. Just that this drama was somehow extra childish, but at the same time they did maintain the seriousness when was the case.

Acting was good, a little exaggerated here and there. Just that I,personally, didn't feel the read more spark/chemistry between the characters.

The OST, the same as the drama doesn't have any 'seriousness' to it. But I do enjoy listening it even after I finished the drama. The lyrics are rather 'joyful'and is a real pleasure to listen. At some point you will find yourself humming the songs, especially Yoon Sae Ha - "Loving Loving'.

Overall, 'Flower boy ramyun shop' is a good drama to watch if you don't have anything else to watch. Nothing really serious, just the normal, typical 'fluffy' drama.
Dylanrima
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Apr 30, 2012
Drama was enjoyable but some kind of basic. But it really made me laugh sometimes.Cast was really nice(lots of funny and handsome guys:)But i dont really think that i will rewatch it(it's like a one shot story for me).Flower boy ramyun shop was the first project of tvN's Oh! Boy series. For a first project it's really good.But i think the second project (shut up flower boy band)is a way much better.I read more believe this drama is not a master piece-but it's very good.That's why it had the highest ratings^^
MAROUZINA
7 of 12 people found this review helpful
May 16, 2012
when i first knew that jang ill woo acted in this drama i only wanted to watch it because of him,after the first episode i realy liked his role and when i watched a few episodes i figured out that it was realy funny.
so i realy liked this drama because it's funny at times and sad at times and it was even better because jang ill woo acted in it.
b2uty
Feb 12, 2012
When I began watching this drama I was so close to ending it in the first episode. It seemed completely overacted and the story very typical but before I knew it i was sitting there with a box of kleenex crying my eyes out with these characters. This was a very good drama. And the actors are all extremely good looking so that helps a lot. The story wasn't the most original read more but I feel they really did amazing with what they had. I would definitely recommend this drama.
mangoman73
Feb 7, 2012
This drama was fun. Far more fun than I expected, and far more fun than the synopsis led me to believe. It was unbelievably crazy in a cute way, fast-paced and filled with twisty plots, but surprisingly not too overdone.

There were some parts in the plot that were over the top or unnecessary, but these were balanced out by the charming interaction of the side characters. Whilst I found the main read more pairing at times a little infuriating, though often adorable, the characters of the flower boys (in particular, Crazy Rooster and Pillar) were enough to keep everyone hooked. I even loved Crazy Rooster's love interest, as she was a great foil to the old fashioned female lead.

Overall, I expected eye-candy and I expected stupidity and I expected angst. While all three of these did occur, the eye-candy was worth it, the stupidity cute and the angst infrequent and meaningful. This is not the most original or poetic drama that you will ever watch, but the antics of the characters from episode to episode will leave you with a smile on your face.
Ecks
Dec 29, 2011
This is exactly the type of drama I like to watch. Fun, light hearted, with a dash of angst thrown in every once in a while. It has some excessive sillyness at times, but for a drama like this I found it really enjoyable.

You will really enjoy the main characters, and the chemistry between them is great **There are some good kissy scenes ^^**. It is 16 episodes so it isn't read more too long, but the characters still are able to evolve and grow and it didn't happen to quickly, so it didn't feel fake. Plus the acting is pretty good too! I found that it wasn't too predictable, although others may disagree. Of course there are the cliche scenes that have to happen in dramas like these, but i enjoyed the characters so much I didn't mind. There are a couple sad scenes as well as a couple serious parts, but I liked that they didn't keep on them too long and let you go back to the fun and sillyness that makes this show great.

Overall, if you aren't looking for a hard core angsty drama that will make you cry every episode and want to watch something that will make you laugh and fan girl *or boy* sigh at all the pretty people, then this is a great pick!
Enigma_J_S
3 of 5 people found this review helpful
May 4, 2012
I found this drama really really funny! The bromance had me smiling all the time. Even the "bad" characters had me laughing, you couldn't really hate them. The storyline could have been a little better but overall, it served it's purpose of being a romantic comedy. The acting was great and the hot scenes were hot. I was fanning myself a good amount of times. I must say that TvN is not read more afraid to get spicy lol. I would watch this again, especially when I'm feeling down. I recommend the readers to watch as well.
makou
3 of 5 people found this review helpful
Feb 25, 2012
This is my first review and I don't know if this will be helpful and maybe I might be going too easy on this. But I'll give it a try. :)

So I completed this drama yesterday and it left me with a good feeling. The ending wasn't the most interesting one I have seen, but it was more realistic that way, if it would have been too much "...and everyone lived read more happily ever after" I would have liked it, but it might be better this way. It left me having a sad feeling for that one character though, but that's given.

The story was interesting, pretty much predictable, till the end, but it was fun and sad. Something you could easily enjoy. This drama was one of those basic korean dramas which you can enjoy and you don't need to think about anything too much. You want to cheer for main character's love and hope she ends up with the one you would prefer for her. Eventhough in real life many might have made another decision...or maybe not. It's love, you can't really stop your heart feeling like you do.

The acting...hmmh pretty much over-reacting scenes (especially Eun Bi and Cha) but they did their job well. If you NEED to think about their acting too much while watching it's bad, but if you watch smootly without thinking acting, only roles, it can't be that bad, right? ...and Kang Hyuk, I just wanna give him a hug. He's so adorable.

Music has the same rule. If you don't think about it and other sounds in the drama too much, it's good and means it has succeeded. But if you keep noticing something about sounds, it has failed. Music should fit to the scene. BUT I feel like I have heard Radiohead's creep way too much in way too many dramas and here I heard it again. That's NG.
WhenFangirlsAttack00
Jun 20, 2012
I started watching this because it seemed like a nice short series to watch, and if that's what you're looking for it is. It was funny, cute, and just plain adorable. I loved the acting. I had never before seen a drama with Jung Ill Woo, even though I had heard great things about him, and was he was a terrific actor. In fact the acting overall was amazing. I loved the read more music because it was simple and cutesy which is what this entire drama was up to a point. I enjoyed the story, I liked the idea of where it was going, but towards the end I got disappointed.

Something so simple and cute went crazy and out of control (I call this the "Boys Before Flowers Effect" if you've ever seen that drama) Too much happened from what there was, and some of the characters disappointed me. The ending at least for me was rushed and sloppy compared to the rest of the drama which contained some excellent climaxes and was directed very well.

If you're looking for something simple and light to watch just for laughs or just because you have nothing else to watch, then I recommend it highly. If you are however looking for an intense, thought-provoking, rapid plot, this isn't something you should be watching right now, even though I do recommend it be watched at least once, just to experience the humor.
musicgirl25
Dec 31, 2011
I've just finished watch this drama. I'm so excited when I watched this, even my heart raced with this movie. It boiled like they said like a ramyun your heart will boil. It happened to me. hahahaha. A first I like how they could make any kind of ramyun and put some passion in there. Also the story tell us about how a spoiled rich boy fell in love and he changed read more for the one he loved. The story is great overall, there are some part that can make you sad but also funny and happy at the same time. The cast I love how the director chose Jung Il Woo as the main character, because he has the charisma that could fill the position of spoiled rich boy Cha Ji Soo, also the main woman character that 6 older than him. As for the soundtrack, There are some song that I like but not most of it. This is the first time I don't like too much with the soundtrack, as I usually always went crazy for every single drama soundtrack that I have watched. So overall, if you like a romantic story with different kind of feeling that make your heart boiling this is the drama that you should watch.
amoon
Dec 23, 2011
This drama was GREAT!!! I wish there would be a second season. The story line was so good and it always kept you on edge. Every emotion could be felt and the acting was so good, especially Chwa Chi Soo (Jung Il Woo). Get ready to laugh in each episode. This drama is full of laughs and makes you feel good. Even in serious situations, somebody will say something that will make read more you laugh so hard and eases up the situation. You should really watch this drama.
dramaholic136
Dec 21, 2011
I'm watching this show while I'm having my exams , i can't wait to watch another episode it's really amazing , i have watched 6 episode in 1 day!! their acting are amazing especially jung il woo/cha chi soo.. he really grow up in this drama, love him v.v. much..and they make a great chemistry with lee chung ah/yun bi... i love seeing them together ..it's a slice of comedy/romance/drama
who ever read more are a fan of Kdrama , will love this drama, i guaranty... that you will love it :)
Flower Boy Ramen Shop

tvN
  • Duration:

45 min.

• Score:

7.5 (scored by 10,306 users)
  • Ranked: