Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (2011)

ellie
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
Jan 21, 2013
I really liked this drama because of the great comedy it has. Whenever you don't expect it they turn a scene into humor whether you like it or not, which I really like.
I did not like the music of the drama nor the ending because it was not what I wanted, many might like the ending but you want something more though. The music did not match the really good scenes read more at all which really irked me.
I really liked the actors/actresses though they were great and I will be watching more from them because of this drama especially since they are all hotties! ;)
Overall watch it because it is worth it and I would definitely rewatch it again.
LMitsuki
8 of 10 people found this review helpful
Feb 10, 2012
I'm almost embarrassed while reviewing after so many good reviews about this drama. Actually it was the great opinions I heard about this drama that made me watch it. And I liked the first two/three episodes even thought I was waiting for something better. The drama started getting boring and boring to the point I'd just skip some parts and dialogues. There were some funny parts but the drama didn't show that read more many emotions.
The plot as fine but it kept the same from the beginning to the ending. No twists and no additional characters to make it more interesting, everything was about the same thing - Yang Eun Bi.
This drama is a lot cliché and for me the main girl is annoying. Maybe that's one of the reasons I couldn't bear with it.
The drama doesn't get deeper about the characters, while other dramas have a lot of happenings in 16 episodes and make us love/understand the characters more this drama just kept being the same, the plot was repeated all over again.
The only thing that was worth it was the beginning of the last episode. I didn't skip any part there, it was funny and romantic and it had feeling. But of course they needed to ruin everything after with the quick flow.
Overall I didn't like this dramas. My high expectations got really low. It's a drama cliché, it has some funny moments but that's all.
JunKi-fan
11 of 15 people found this review helpful
Apr 12, 2012
Honestly I couldn't figure out what the big fuss about this drama was. Okay so the guys were eye candy and Jung Il Woo was really hot. But that cannot possibly make up for the lack of a story or an actual plot. Things kept happening between Chi Soo and Eun Bi which made no sense whatsoever and there was obviously no logic to a brat like Chi Soo suddenly developing feelings read more for Eun Bi, who seemed to have no redeeming qualities except knowing how to play volleyball and acting like a klutz. The only saving grace in this drama is Lee Ki Woo, whose character was quirky, funny and charming. Ba Wool and Hyun Woo's act also provided the much needed comic relief from time to time, and made this slightly watchable.
Hira-M
Dec 17, 2013
It's been a while since I saw this drama so my review may not be that good. I'll let you know what I remember about this drama...

Characters: I remember that at first I didn't like the female lead but over the course of the drama she grew on me. I'm not saying that I started liking her, but she became tolerable. She was annoying at times and she had no self read more respect. Plus she was weird and selfish. She wanted both guys for herself and she was plying them both. Yes, she wasn't doing that by scheming and stuff but she was hanging on to both of them instead of choosing one. Kinda like Elena (from Vampire Diaries). This annoyed me about her.

Cha Chi Soo... I really didn't like him in the beginning. I found him funny, actually. But then I started liking him. He wasn't that bad and he was pretty good looking. But he was selfish throughout the drama. People argue that he changed and became a better person at the end but I don't agree with that. He still seemed pretty selfish at the end, to me.

Ba Wool was so adorable and cute! I really really liked him. Yes, he loved Yoon So Yi and so he let her use him. But I like how he also stood up for himself. His personality was a lot like my little brother's...

Hyun Woo was a nice character but he wasn't shown as much as I would've liked for them to show him. His story had a lot of potential and I think that they should have explored it more. Not just use it as a small side plot. I think he should have had a bigger role.

Now for my favorite character, Choi Kang Hyuk! Aaahhh!! This guy is just... perfect!! He's hot and tall and sweet and adorable and cute and just perfect! I had a major second lead syndrome at the beginning of the show. But then I realised that Eun Bi did not deserve someone as amazing as him. So I was very happy that he wasn't the one Eun Bi would end up with. She was right with Cha Chi Soo. Leave Kang Hyuk for someone better! The way he says manora is so cute! And he's so funny in how he's lazy and sleeps anywhere and everywhere! I just really really loved him!

I don't remember many of the minor characters... Eun Bi's teacher friends were OK. They were funny at times. Cha Chi Soo's dad was very weird. He bathe a lot :P Like, in every other scene he was shown in a hot tub. Yoon So Yi was a spoiled brat. I hated her! She used Ba Wool and strung him along and she really annoyed me.

Story: I'm not much of a fan of "noona-romances" but this one was okay. The story was interesting and I really did enjoy the drama a lot. I don't know what else to say... the story was really good but not one of the best in the kdrama world.

Overall: I would recommend this drama if you like noona romances or if you're just looking for a romance. It does have nice kisses and the story is pretty good. Overall, it's enjoyable and worth your time.
umaimamemon
Mar 17, 2013
With it's frequent toilet jokes, spaztastic romance, and immature characters, I wasn't exactly willing to watch "Ramyun Shop". However, one of my friends convinced me to give it a go.
So I sat down and watched the first two episodes, found it insanely stupid, and didn't go back to it for months. It sat on my "Currently watching" list for ages, collecting dust until I finally decided I might as well finish read more it.
Story: Once you get past the childish feel of the first few episodes, "Ramyun Shop" draws you in. I had to ignore some of the jokes, but it was actually enjoyable once you got into it. "Ramyun Shop" depicts first love, finding yourself and every other motif about growing up there is. The story is predictable- you know all the characters are going to change for the better, you know who the main character is going to wind up with- but the story manages to infuse enough unpredictability to make this drama unique. I wasn't onboard the whole 'older woman, younger guy' romance, but I got over that.
Acting: Jung Il-Woo. Need I say more? He pretty much carried the story with his acting. Cha Chi-Soo was a hilarious character, and I highly doubt anyone else could have pulled it off as well as Jung did. Leee Chung-Ah was okay, she fit the role well enough but I didn't particular like her. Lee Ki Woo was great in his role and all the other flower boys were adorable.
Music: Nothing I would listen to if I had the choice, but it was nice.
Rewatch Value: As much as I liked this drama, I am definitely not going to sit through it again. I can only take so many juvenile jokes and craziness.
Overall: The messages this show attempts to teach are nothing new, but they were conveyed in a heartfelt and sincere way. Overall, this drama was nice and full of heart, but it felt like it was for kids under the age of 12.
naegero
Feb 5, 2013
This drama took me way too long to finish but not because it wasn't interesting or something like that. I regret that it took so long to finish it actually.
The story is really cute and nice and as in most korean dramas I was torn between both male leads, just as the female lead. I kinda like those love triangle stories since it let's me find my own personal choice but read more this time it was really difficult since I liked both male leads.
The acting was good but sometimes a bit over the edge. The cast made fall "head over heels" in love with Jung Il Woo. I expect to see more from most of the cast members. :)
If you like those Flower Boy dramas or in general light topics/love triangles you should really check that drama out!
nyzgal23
Jan 4, 2012
Okay, so here's the thing about Flower Boy Ramyun Shop:
1) It has a wonderful, amusing and fresh cast that has great chemistry together on screen. From the moment I started this drama, I was sold because I found the two leads to be fun and entertaining. While Yang Eunbi drove me crazy sometimes, overall, I found her to be an endearing character. As for Kim... I mean... Lee.. I mean Cha read more Chisoo (lol, you will get this joke if you have seen the first few episodes) he is the definition of a man child. I am not kidding when I say that he reminds me of a large, spoiled child during several parts of the drama-I am grateful though since he has given me quite a few laughs because of it. The supporting cast definitely hold their own as they struggle with problems of their own; I find it funny that my favorite character is a supporting one. Bawool is the cutest thing to ever walk this planet (no joke!). As for the second lead, all I can say is I love the actor (Lee Kiwoo) to pieces but geez, his character needs to stop being so freaking okay with everything! Also, I want one XDD.
2) The plot was unfortunately rather disappointing. While the drama started off with great momentum and background, by the middle of the drama I was bored. I liked that the beginning focused on so many different types of interactions (friend-friend, father-daughter, student-teacher, husband?-wife??) and Eunbi's struggle to become a teacher. As the drama progressed, however, it became a simple tug of war for the female lead. It did not help that the supporting characters also had less screen time. I am still not sure if I want to finish this drama...I am working on it. All I can say is from where I stand right now, I'm SO bored.
3) I would definitely rewatch the beginning of this drama though. Its such a hilarious, cute beginning. Eunbi/Chisoo are SO SO FUNNY.
jonssister
5 of 6 people found this review helpful
Sep 27, 2013
Story- I wasn't to sure about this at first because there's kind of a student teacher relationship. I'm a future teacher so I'm completely against this. So it took me two tries to watch this. Actually one of my friends had watched the first few episodes and told me to just keep watching. I'm not considering that a spoiler because it happens so early in this storyline. The lead male is a read more little too controlling at times, and I have a problem with that too. There are lots of funny and cute scenes all through out this drama that's what really saved the story I think. There were times when I wanted to kill some characters, but let's be honest that happens in every drama.

Cast- I think the whole cast did a very good job and made me want to watch more of their other dramas/ movies. There were things Jo Yoon Woo's character did in this drama that slightly reminded me of Key from Shinee. Also Park Min Woo looked like he could have been related to Jay Park. I think it was the costuming or something. Their characters were my two favorite supporting roles.

Rewatch- I would rewatch this eventually.

Overall- I would recommend this to someone, but I would give them a disclaimer about the beginning. I really liked the cast.
puzzleduser
5 of 6 people found this review helpful
Mar 22, 2013
Maybe I missed something along the way, but it was hard to suspend my belief and get myself invested into the story. Honestly, I could believe the actions and the paths the characters take, for me they don't make sense.

With this drama, I felt disappointment as I had high expectations in the first episodes. In the beginning, the drama felt cutesy, and quirky but it quickly lost its appeal for me. read more I guessed the only storyline that made sense was the one between the coach and the friend of Eun Bi(? is that the name)

All other stories honestly didn't make sense.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, there is one thing that saves this drama from utter disaster for me, and that is Cha Chi Soo. I don't wanna say this because it could be a spoiler so I'll warn you.

========Spoiler========

Best first kiss. There I said it, best kiss.
TheJ
6 of 8 people found this review helpful
Nov 3, 2012
Story: The story itself isn't anything new. Two guys like one girl and she likes them. One guy is rich and snobby, the other is poor and friendly, and the female lead isn't much to look at. It had a very 'Boys Over Flowers' feel to it at first, and I really dislike that drama, so I was expecting to dislike this one as well. On the contrary, I actually really liked read more this. It started off with a lot more comedy than most, then it slowly ventured into the romantic side, and ended in a mix of both that I thought was perfect.

While the main guy of this, much like the lead in BOF, is rich, snobby, and completely unaware of anything other than himself, watching him change is what made his character bearable. It doesn't happen with a simple snap of the fingers, and it doesn't take the whole show for it to finally come about, and that was nice.

I see people comparing this to 'Secret Garden' a lot of the time, and I don't really understand it. Granted, I haven't seen that drama in a while, but what I do remember from that I don't recall ever seeing in FBRS. So, if you love SG, and the comments about that have turned you off from this, don't let it.

Acting/Cast: This was, without a doubt, the best part of the show.

Jung Il Woo was fantastic as Cha Chi Soo, Lee Ki Woo was the perfect choice for his role, and even though Lee Chung Ah wasn't really impressing me for the first half of the show, she impressed me during the last half.

Park Min Woo and Jo Yoon Woo were by far my favoring two members of this cast. They had this amazing chemistry together, and it made watching them interact my favorite thing to do. The relationship between those two completely surpassed the relationship between the main characters for me. Park Min Woo had this one moment during the last episode that just killed me. If I was giving out awards for the best cast choice, he would get it.

Music: A couple of the songs weren't really to my liking, but the music wasn't bad. Jung Il Woo's song got played kind of often the last 1/4 of the show or so, but his voice is really soothing, so I never got tired of hearing it.

Rewatch Value: I've now watched this twice if that says anything.

Overall: Overall, it was an enjoyable drama to watch. It had funny moments, it had happy moments, and it had sad moments. The only two things I could think to complain about would be the ending and the male lead's father.

The last 1-2 episodes felt incredibly rushed. Like they just wanted to toss in everything they could before it was over, and I was definitely not liking that.

As for the father, the actor was good; it was the character that needed to be fixed. He started off nice and adorable, and then turned into the typical rich father of these shows, and I hated it; especially since they waited to long to do it. If it had been right at the beginning, it would've been a lot better.
addicted2dramas
17 of 29 people found this review helpful
Nov 2, 2012
There will be a lot of people choosing 'Not helpful' for this review. But I can't hold back. I have to say what I felt about this drama.

Simply put, this is the worst drama I have seen so far. I have seen Shut Up Flower Boy Band (one of my utter favourites) so I thought its predecessor would also be good. Oh, how wrong I was! I think I have never read more been this wrong in expecting something from a drama before. With an impressive actor like Jung Il Woo this is the least I could have expected.

This drama is like the worst ramyun recipe you can come up with. It is about a downright obnoxious boy and an older childish woman who fall in love. With that, insert as many terrible sub plots you can think of a horde of boring characters. And tada! Your ramyun recipe is ready! *insert sarcasm*.

I knew I wouldn't be able to stand the woman right from the first episode itself. She has no pride whatsoever. And not to mention zero self control. There's a part where her dad has just passed away, and she is sad. The hero comes and gives her "condolence money" and says this is my way of comforting you. Okay, she did sort of throw the money back in his face. But can you EVER imagine falling for someone after they treated you like that after your DAD PASSED AWAY??? Beyond outrageous, if you ask me. So, my conclusion is that this is the worst pairing of all dramas I have seen till now. Whatever happens after that hardly redeems the main guy. He doesn't know how to change. And what is up with a 26-year-old behaving like a teen girl who is attracted to a student of hers. Need I say more? You got the point- I hated their love story.

The only character I liked remotely was her friend. She was more entertaining than the heroine ever was. Plus, their ramyun shop was such a snoozefest.

I struggled to reach the ending- which was again crappy. Plus, the slapstick comedy and hints of anime humour throughout the show was overdone and so not my thing. I regret watching this waste of a show. Unless you can bear with brainless comedies, watch it else save yourself and skip it.
CarlaSantini
4 of 5 people found this review helpful
Apr 2, 2013
I made sure to write a review for "Flower Boy Next Door" before "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" because I wanted to compare the two of the three Flower Boy Series. And I realized that despite the story not being so interesting, the cast is just amazing. Jung Il Woo,Lee Ki Woo, Lee Chung Ah, Park Min Woo and Joo Yoon Woo collaborated so well. It seemed like they were playing this drama read more like a reality. Music's nice as well, especially at sad scenes. My favorite being Shayne's - Iyagi. Also if I 'm asked to pick out a favorite episode, Episode 16 was my favorite when Yang Eun Bi walks in President Cha's room and takes away Cha Chi Soo with a Toilet sucker in her hand! *laughs still* Its been almost more than 6 months I've watched it and yet it makes me laugh enormously!
Re watch Value's high because I really like the Comedy-more, Romance-medium genre.
Overall, the story's not so high notched but its definitely not the end of the world if you watch it ;)
P.S - Wanna have a laugh, go watch it, lighten your heart. It'll make you smile! :)
Flower Boy Ramyun Shop

tvN
  • Duration:

45 min.

• Score:

7.5 (scored by 9,080 users)
  • Ranked: