Rich Man, Poor Woman (2012)

Ahsen
Oct 19, 2013
I finally finished watching this drama. Even the story is not so different I really like it. I guess part of the reason is the harmony between the couples. As everybody says it is not a classic rich man & poor womant story. There is more than that in this drama.
And Rich Man, Poor Woman is the first Japanese drama I have ever watched, thanks to it I will watch Japanese read more dramas from now on.
I highly recommend it to you to watch..
mayumi_sakurai
Mar 30, 2013
- Story :
It's a cute and refreshing drama about Hyuga Toru, a CEO of an IT firm who is published on Forbes as a billionaire. He attained his fortune through chance and pure luck, and Chihiro a hardworking college student at Tokyo University who meets Toru and eventually becomes attracted to him.
This drama is the best "subordinate x boss" drama that i have ever watched.
There is nothing special to read more the story though but still you feel attracted to it.
- Acting/Cast : Makoto and Toru are such a wonderful couple. I cannot get enough of them together. They have a good chemistry!
Oguri Shun and Ishihara Satomi both did a great job.
- Music :
I loved the themesong , even after finishing the drama i kept listening to it from time to another.
P.S : I highly recommend this drama to rom-com drama fans!!
PKtheBESTGUM
Mar 30, 2013
I really enjoyed this whole drama, from the cast, music soundtrack and over all plot. The Characters were easy to love (it also helped that Oguri Shun was the Protagonist excellent choice on that end :)). By the final episode it was hard to leave the RMPW world. So excited for the release of the Special in a few days! RMPWLOVE
Flyxtoxheaven
7 of 8 people found this review helpful
Sep 20, 2012
I'm not being nice about my ranking, I literally think this is the best drama I've ever watched, Kdrama OR Jdrama.

The story plot isn't predictable but nor is it unbelievable. It's REAL. I think that's what I like the most. The development of the characters and story captivates you and the actors and actresses portrayed those characters amazingly.

I wasn't tempted to watch this drama by the description or the title, read more I was just bored but I'm so glad I did! I joined when it was on the 9th episode and literally had to stop myself screaming in frustration while waiting for the next episode. It has an addictive and completely lovable quality. I wanted to rewatch it before it was even finished and it would be one of the dramas I would pay money to buy on DVD and watch again and again.

The music was perfect. Literally perfect. It fit the story completely. The main song Hikaru e by Miwa [Theme song] is full of hope and encouragement and I literally have had it stuck in my head for weeks while reminiscing on the last episode.

For someone who doesn't ever speak while watching a drama [crying is a different matter] I found myself ragging when bad things happened, squealing in joy at the cute little moments that the main characters shared and sprouting swear words when things didn't go the way I wanted [For example; some of the interactions with the romance].

My official number 1 must watch drama of all time. Don't questions 'should I watch it?' Just. Watch. It. Trust me
heimei
9 of 11 people found this review helpful
Sep 21, 2012
As the title says, it'll give you an impression that it'll gonna be your typical love story about a rich man and poor woman (or vice versa) that fall in love each other fighting for each others love from other people who opposes their relationship, blah blah..
Well.. IT"S NOT!! It's very different! It's not only a love story but a story of friendship and betrayal, inspiration and confusion, success and failure. read more The story hooks you up and keep you looking forward on what will happen next.

I love the cast!! Their acting is really great! They really portrayed their roles very well makes you think that they are not acting at all.. haha!! :D

And the theme song, it's very fitting for the drama and has nice lyrics.

It's been a long time since I felt this kind of satisfaction after watching a series. It's a must watch indeed!!^-^
Starae
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
Nov 2, 2013
The title of this really made me not want to watch it at all, but I figured I would give it a shot since so many people gave it good ratings.

Do I regret it? Not really. Could I have survived without watching it? Yea, probably.

Nothing really stood out to me in this show and even though it wasn't your typical "rich man meets poor helpless girl" story, it just didn't read more really pull me in like others have. I felt that there was an unnecessary relationship in the beginning of the show that could have been left out and it really bothered me. It really had no place in the overall story.

The romance took too long to progress in my opinion, and when it did, it was very typical. If you've watched a lot of romance dramas you would know, and it really does get old when they all end in similar ways, using the same methods.

Overall, it was cute, the lead female is great actress, and the music wasn't bad either, but this just isn't one of those rare gems for me. You can read through the reviews and decide for yourself whether to watch it or not, but if you skip it, you won't really be missing out too much.
Rule
7 of 9 people found this review helpful
Sep 17, 2012
This is the second J drama Ive seen as Im basically a K drama fan and I was sort of inbetween dramas.
This is certainly a watchable and cute drama. The story is nice and the acting is good, especially the main guy.
Its a romantic comedy about an eccentric man and a simple hardworking girl, although its not something to go all ga ga for, its quite watchable enjoyable and addicting. read more The ending is cute and the fact that it has 11 episodes is welcome as some korean dramas tend to drag on and get boring in the end.
cherryharuhi33
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Feb 18, 2013
Okay, I finally got around to finishing this drama, and I watched it all in a day.

Although the title is not convincing, the actual drama itself and actors/actresses are amazing. There are so many plots in the story - romance problems, best friend problems, family/abandonment problems, work issues lalala.

It was a very cute romance drama, as most are. Compared to most romance dramas, though, it wasn't like... full-blown romance. There read more weren't cute scenes between the leads all the time, and I think that this balances with the other things happening in the drama. For most frequent romance drama watchers, we can predict how the end will turn out, but even so, the details of the other plots in the drama kept me interested. There was good camerawork, acting, and pretty music at pretty scenes.

Also, if you're an Oguri Shun fan, then WATCH WATCH WATCH. :]

Yea, hope this helps...
Aspyre
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Oct 26, 2012
Don't let the title kill your urge to watch this. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, honest.

From what I gathered, this piece teaches folks of different values: friendship, attachment and above all, will to be a hard worker not only for yourself, but for the benefit of the world you live in. This is my first drama with Oguri Shun in it, and I thought he acted read more well. Other characters haven't made much of an impression, be it a few times when they felt too plastic, or just the lack of what had to be said. This, this damn show will make you frustrated, giddy and partially obsessed. Probably because you'll be skidding through the episodes like a madman, wanting to know will it be or will it not. Now then, I think that sentence alone says more than a lengthy review should do...so, enjoy.
7burgerhands
5 of 6 people found this review helpful
Mar 20, 2013
This drama breaks the Japanese trend for detective dramas and other heavy plot dramas, since romance themed jdoramas only come once in a while. The cast are perfect to their roles, Oguri Shun as the indifferent computer genius and Ishihara Satomi as the typical nerdy clumsy girl. Aibu Saki is a bit underrated for her role, but still displayed great acting. The two leads have brilliant chemistry, and though the rich man, read more poor woman theme is almost a cliché, this drama had a breakthrough by making the characters grow by not standing by the extremes, meaning the guy doesn’t need to be the richest in the planet, and the damsel in distress need not be the poorest girl alive. It is a breather for the usual issue of social status, and it focused on the change they have to go through because of love. The subtle comedies, exceptional characters and a heart fluttering kiss scene make this drama not something you dare to miss.
Palindrome
10 of 15 people found this review helpful
Sep 27, 2012
I actually fell in love with this drama. The story line is amazing. You will definitely not be left disappointed! No, this isn't a childish romance between your average snooty guy and your average docile female character. There is something more-more mature perhaps. Now i will admit that when there's politics in the film i will be the first to start skipping, but, in Rich Man Poor Woman i couldn't. It is read more so beautiful and well made that you would be missing out if if you didn't watch it! Also a little hint to the ladies if you don't know by now; Oguri Shun (mighty fine) acts as the main male character. Hint hint nudge nudge.In fact the only real disappointment i had while watching this drama was that it ONLY had 11 episodes. So what are you doing people? Go. Be free. Watch this. You won't be disappointed!
IT"S AMAZING!!!!!!!
nancydrew
8 of 12 people found this review helpful
Sep 27, 2012
Why are you reading this review when you can be watching this drama already? Seriously! Go! Watch it! You'll be so glad you did!

This was probably my favorite drama I've watched so far. After a dry spell of mediocre crap, I finally found something that I didn't regret sacrificing sleep for, or watching twice, (with and without subtitles despite the fact that I had no idea what anyone was saying).

Do read more not be deceived by the title, this is not a typical rom-com where some rich bratty punk gets the girl after what seems like decades of back and forth bickering and useless banter. NO! It is far more than that.

It is inspiring, thought provoking, and insightful. Its about how being in a relationship means more than just being a shoulder to lean on, or an attractive sex bag, no! Its about being a better you when you're with someone, and that doesn't necessarily mean just a significant other, it can be a close friend or a colleague. And more than just that, its about dealing with basic human emotions, jealousy, rage, heartache...confusion etc. Its just so beautifully done.

The acting was excellent! There was plenty of comedy, awkward face-palm moments, gut wrenching moments, moments where you felt like reaching into your screen and strangling that bastard that ruined everything!

....you get the picture. It was awesome! NOW GO WATCH IT!
Rich Man, Poor Woman

Fuji TV
  • Duration:

46 min.

• Score:

8.3 (scored by 5,325 users)
  • Ranked: