Shining Inheritance (2009)

diana_list
Jun 22, 2013
This was a really good drama. I will say I think it wins the prize for the amount of lies told in one drama.
I am glad I watched this while I was on vacation, because once I started watching, I couldn't stop
The acting was fabulous. Han Hyo Joo has been one of my favorites for a long time and she did not disappoint as Eun Sung
Lee Seung Gi as read more Hwan was someone I started out hating and grew to love as his story comes to life. Ban Hyo Jung as the grandmother was superb. So many good actors, difficult to mention every one. One more I have to mention though is Yun Joon Suk. as Eun Woo. What a great job he did portraying the autistic brother of Eun Sung
Much can be learned from this drama. To mention just a few,liars never prosper, have a goal in life, love those in your life because you never know how long they will be here, follow your heart, stand up for what you believe in.
I only gave this drama a 6 for rewatch value. Mainly because it is so long. I think there are a few episodes I may go back and watch but I don't think I will rewatch the entire drama
Starae
Mar 7, 2012
I really enjoyed this story as well as the main actor and actress that did such a wonderful job.

However, I found that the first maybe 7 episodes dragged on for far to long and I almost stopped watching because of it. However, the drama did pick itself back up! It was a great story and a great ending, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good tear jerking read more romance. You do have to have quite the tolerance to get through the beginning episodes though but I promise it will get better.

You will find yourself hating the main villain, probably more then you've hated any bad guy in a show or movie before, and it will make you want to yell at your screen over and over. The actress does an excellent job at it though, as I've seen her play a complete opposite role and she does a phenomenal job at it.

So overall, very good drama, but a very slow start. This drama is what made me fall in love with Lee Seung Ki. x3
VioletSakura
Jan 14, 2012
For me this drama is on top of my list...
I love everything in this drama, especially the characters. The leading characters by their acting and their story make the story brilliant.
Go Eun-Song, is my favourite female protagonist of all time... Her strength and way of life makes me want to be like her...
The drama has so much to teach about different values and goals for life.
This drama has read more a big lesson, that the human life is so empty without a goal... even the worst plan... the meanest plan...the cruelest plan, that had the protagonist's step-mother... well, we all know what happens to bad plans that hurt other people... some time later, you understand that even she hurt all the people during all this time... after all is over, she is the one who is going to hurt the most. There are so many words in this drama, that are so true, they made me cry.
The progress of the characters is one of the strongest points of the drama... you'll have to watch this to understand all the beauty of this aspect.
And the music... Just try not to burst into tears when K.Will's song is playing and the actors are making your heart stop and skip a beat... you'll be my hero :)
meriem
Sep 19, 2013
i really enjoyed my time watching this drama , i found it intresting and funny , the actors did a great job portraying their characters
the story was quiet addictive and unique
however it has it's flaws
first of all , I had a hard time trying to stick my face into the screen at the first few episodes of the show , it was slow and dragging and the main character read more was so annoying and arrogant , but if you manage to get through that the story with get intersting and addictive
also , the main couple had an extremly weird chimesty and I found them really awkward sometimes , you will notice either that eun sung ( the female lead ) and the second lead that i forgot his name had even more chimestry then the main couple , he even helped her a lot through her journey while the lead was giving her a hard time but for some reason they always fall for the bad guy
the music was good enough but not epic ,it fits the situation but it just does't improve your experience and does't move any kind of emotion , at least for me
for the rewatch value , i don't think that i will rewatch this drama ever again althought it was a good drama , since there will be no suspence and all the secrets are already reveiled but i guess it depends on the person for there's some peaople who just enjoy the funny moments and the romance more than the story itself
overall i found this drama very good , addictive and i highly recommand it , believe me you will experience all kind of emotion from happiness to sadness to the urge to kill the evil step mother with your bare hands
thank you for reading this review and i hope you enjoy this drama :)
Triple-R-
Jun 15, 2012
This was a fairly good Drama, i would still give it a passing grade. The story line was slow buildin up, but it kept me interested never the less. I loved the main leads they`re good together and kept me routing for them.
There is almost every type of charactor in this drama; ever innocent like an angel lead girl, evil step mom, uncaring step sister thats influence by her mom, loving read more father who will do anything for his kids and the cold and uncaring guy that becomes the most lovable guy in the end. The acting for most of the cast was very good and deserve some form of notice, especially the Jang Sook Ja (Grandmother) i love her.
Watch it, you`ll be going up and down twist and turning, the fun won`t stop. So bare the slow start and by episodes 6 n 7 u`ll be begging for more. ENJOY!!!
manicmuse
Nov 30, 2011
I have such mixed feeling about this drama. It definitely earns some high drama marks for being addictive. The main character goes through so much betrayal, and the step mother is one of the most ruthless characters I have ever seen. There's also a great love "rectangle", which includes some awesome chemistry between the main characters. What stopped me from loving this drama is the fact that it's 28 episodes long, and read more what fills up that time is sometimes boring, annoying, & repetitive.

Way too much time is spent on characters whining about money. They whine about not having enough, who's getting it, and how to get more of it. I was tempted to fast forward through some scenes with particular characters, but I was afraid I'd miss too many key plot points. I would have preferred it if Lee Seung Ki, and Han Hyo Joo had more screen time together instead.

Though I loved watching Lee Seung Ki's character's transformation the most, the entire cast impressed me. Of course Kim Mi Sook stands out as the epitome of a wicked stepmother, but she could have had less screen time in my opinion. Quite a few of the characters have really good epic crying scenes, though I personally was never moved to tears by the story. Still, the actor that impressed me the most overall was actually Yun Joon Suk, who was so believable that I initially thought he was autistic.

I am glad that I decided to stick with it, and watched the whole thing. There are definitely a few moments that I already want to watch again, but I don't know if I could ever watch all 28 episodes again.
Crazy4You
Jul 15, 2011
I just finished watching this drama a couple hours ago and I have to say it was really really good (: I agree with the other reviews when they say this drama isn't boring and has you on the edge of your seat. It's a roller coaster ride of emotion throughout the whole show. I've never come across a show filled up with so much hate and betrayal. I don't think I've read more hated a character as much as I did the step mother, who I felt myself not liking more and more as I watched each episode. In the beginning you have Eun Sung who comes back from studying abroad in America and her bag winds up getting switched with Hwan. As the story takes off from there you have these 2 characters continuously running into each other. She and her brother get kicked out by her stepmother, and not long after she loses her brother, Eun-Woo who is autistic. Majority of the show she's looking for him. While trying to make money she finds and starts to take care of this grandmother who's lost her memory. I don't want to say too much more, as I'd be giving away the story. Each episode had me guessing at what would happen next, and of course it leaves you hanging so you have to watch the next episode. This show made me cry, laugh, angry, but happy. Then you have the love triangles. It really is filled with a lot of drama and confliction, but that's what made it so good.

The acting in this show, well like the title it was Brilliant! You can really feel for the characters while watching it. I dunno how to describe it, but the acting was realistic. This was the first show I watched with Lee Seung Ki and Han Hyo Joo, and I plan on watching more dramas with them. And whoever played the step mom should've got an award. I hated her character but her acting was really good. Seung Mi's character... I liked her in the beginning but you feel her falling under pressure as the events continue. Her character was played really well, you could feel how hard she wanted to keep what was hers (or what she felt was hers). Jun Sae's character... I liked him. I felt bad for him later on in the story, he is a good guy. I'm glad at how the story ended, though.

As for the music...I liked it. The music played it's part and I liked a lot of the songs played throughout the show.

Will I rewatch this drama? Probably not anytime soon (too many dramas I wanna watch). Maybe a couple years from now I'll rewatch it. 28 episodes is a lot to get through (almost 3O hours total), but I think that watching this show was worth it.

Overall: Definitely worth watching. The story is really good, indeed like Cinderella in ways (evil step mom, step sister, "Prince Charming"). It makes you think about what money does to people. I'd have to count this as one of my favorites now (: And I loved Lee Seung Ki as Hwan haha, but that's my personal opinion
gough
Apr 11, 2011
This is a wonderful drama! After you get through the first few episodes things get crazy. The acting is great, it really pulls you in and makes you feel for the characters. Whether you love or loathe them lol. Seriously be prepared to really hate some characters cause I found myself cursing at the screen lol. It's a must see!!
Jasonic
Jan 13, 2014
I'm torn between the 9 and 10. It's now amongst my top tier of favorite kdramas. I'd give it a 9.5, so I round up for this XD.
Let me just say out of the 60 kdramas I've watched thus far, this is the longest one at 28 episodes. I typically try to avoid anything over 20 episodes. It's why I pretty much don't watch American television anymore, because the shows never read more end. Even in some of the 20 episode dramas, it can drag a bit during the later episodes. And yet ironic, this being the longest one I've seen and I didn't feel like it dragged at all. Maybe I was just prepared for it, but it kept a good story, and solid subplots throughout, with well written and developing characters. Sure, a lot may look at this drama and say it has everything your typical kdrama has, but unlike most, it writes it in well. If I had one word to describe what Kdramas are typically about, I would say "misunderstandings". It's the foundation of pretty much every one. Of course this one is no different. However, I really didn't feel it was because of ignorance or stupidity (well, maybe except for the father). Sure, the ditsy mother and daughter combo can be irritating and they need absolutely everything spelled out for them, but they aren't amongst the main characters. Everyone who is really important in this drama actually seems to use their head most of the time, and when a misunderstanding frustrated me, there seemed to actually be legitimate reasoning behind it, unlike a lot of dramas where it is just straight up annoying naivety. It's well written and the cast is great.
I'm in love with Han Hyo Joo, XD and yes it is the reason I even watched this. She is fantastic as always. I'm a big fan of Lee Seung Gi as well, and he was great. The grandma is such a refreshing character too. By far the smartest character in the drama, when it's the parent and grandparent figures in most dramas that are usually the most hair pull worthy. But she is super likable and never does anything to frustrate. Ironically, as the character is supposed to be old fashioned, and yet she feels like the complete opposite most of the time. The villain of the story is great here too and I really couldn't believe how evil they were at times, and yet I've never felt so much sympathy toward a villain during final episodes. You always want their comeuppance, but here they brought me to tears.
Overall, just really great and never a dull moment. Definitely amongst my favorites.
As for the music. IDK, maybe I'm just burned out on drama osts, that nothing really stuck out to me. Or maybe I was always so interested in the show that I just didn't care. I usually like a lot of drama osts. But lets be honest, so many of them get made, that they are usually uninspired.
maryamrazaei
Aug 5, 2013
I really liked this drama, one of my faborite dramas; this is because it has a interesting plot, with great characters; it makes you hate someone the people in the drama!

Also for people who are planning to watch it, it has a great ending; I personally jumped, screamign 'Yay!' until my dad came up stairs, oopss!

Anyways, the acting is very good and so real, it also has some really cute read more scenes that will make you smile so much your jaws will ache! haha!

I really enjoyed it, the only thing is that the episodes amount is a bit long, however all the episodes are interesting and none of them are boring or anything. I think episode 27 is the best!

Well, enjoy this drama; hope you will like it as much as I do!
hiphop123
Jul 10, 2013
I loved this drama so much. This drama what got me to know Lee Seung Gi and Han Hyo Joo. I think that they are amazing actors. They have their characters down to the T! The acting is well done. The chemistry with the family is awesome.

The story was new to me the time I watched it so I thought that it was an original story to me.

The Music was read more not memorable. I gave an 8 for a re-watch value is because there were very sad moments in the drama and there would be some of the scenes I would skip because I got frustrated at those scenes but there were funny moments too.
rachso
8 of 9 people found this review helpful
Feb 7, 2014
this drama was amazing it was like a unique twisted and different Cinderella story with a mean but also kind of nice prince. when i read the drama summary and watched it, even if the first episodes where kind of slow.i kept on wondering how is this girl going to fall in love with this boy, will she lose her memory first? oh will it be a life and death situation.if you've read more watched this you know what what am talking about. so that kept me going. i loved the acting. and also loved it.
Shining Inheritance

SBS
  • Duration:

1 hr. 2 min.

• Score:

8.0 (scored by 6,444 users)
  • Ranked: