A Stalker's Guide to Won Bin

‘What do you have to say in your defense?’
‘I’m guilty, please have mercy with me. He is just too wonderful…'
'Don’t talk back…. you will regret it tomorrow!'
'I know, but one more picture, one more ad… and I’ll go to sleep…!'
'Tse, tse, tse. This again…’

What you just read is a lil dialogue I have regularly with my brain!
And who is the reason? It's him:
Won Bin!
Won Bin is not only decorating my profile on MDL, but also on other sites I frequent. My PC screen and my phone screen… everywhere is Won Bin!
Okay, before I continue fangirling, I should tell you how I became a stalker of Won Bin. I admit while stalking I end up just saving all his pics and forgetting my goal. :D

My first ever movie with Won Bin was Mother. As the mentally disabled Yoon Do Joon, Won Bin didn't catch my attention. Why you want to know?  It was the Mother (played by Kim Hye Jae) that stole the whole show. Still the movie was very good and at its release it hit the box offices in Korea. BTW, it's not a movie to watch with minors.

A few weeks later I came upon an article and that was my doom. The article just depicted a picture of Won Bin behind the camera doing his own hair. Hell, is that guy awesome, I thought. Sorry, I can’t find the pic anymore. I did a little research and was shocked after seeing that he was that mentally disabled guy in Mother.

Just to see a bit more of his charm I started Autumn Tale (that I already had stored). Man, Won Bin as the spoiled brat Han Tae Suk was really good to watch, but someone spoiled the drama and I had to stop by ep 7. You, MDLers should still try the drama, while airing it was a hit and some of my drama friends really loved it. Won Bin is just great in his role and he is still sooo young in that drama.

Of course I still couldn’t let go of my Won Bin and so I watched Friends 2002.

Friends is the first drama co-produced by Japan and Korea. Here he acts as the rookie film director Kim Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon goes to Hong Kong to make a short movie, but ends up meeting Tomoko, who mistakes him for a thief. Even though they don’t speak the same language, their hearts beat together.

This mini drama is a must watch, 'cause you get great acting, a super cute love story and it's worth the four hours watch.

My next stop was Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War. This movie is about a set of brothers who go to war together. Yes, a war movie, but still its a good movie. It shows really well how brothers should be for each other. Won Bin as Jin Seok is sooo super cute and his acting is as always, just great.

Now, it was time for The Man From Nowhere.

Do you have to know how great that movie and Won Bin are? No, 'cause just go and watch for yourself.

Okey, okey….. The Man From Nowhere is an action movie and, just like Tae Guk Gi, a genre I don’t like that much. My stalkerish nature made me watch it and since then I watched it like 5 times. The acting, the chemistry between the leads…. Go, go and watch it.

Last but not least I also watched Guns and Talks. Here Won Bin is the youngest of a team of assassins. As Ha Yeon, he is also the brother of the boss of the team and gets protected by his brother. Here Won Bin acts as a shy person, maybe a lil naive, but a good guy by heart and the only one falling in love.

Couldn’t find his older dramas, else I would have watched them long ago. His movie My Brother I’m saving in case he doesn’t do something new soon.

Hopefully he will be in some bigger projects than just ads this year and I can drool over him.
I somehow can't find his two dramas from 1998 and 2000. If you know where I can watch it just send me a mail.
I don’t know if you get why I love this guy, but I can’t help it. This should be the end before I spam pics of him.

For all who want to know more facts about him:

And his cute personality:

Thanks for reading and lastly: If there is an actor or an actress that is worthy of Stalker's Guide in your opinion, and you have watched enough dramas of his/hers to prove it, please contact Elisabetta about it.

Mystearica81 Nov 16, 2014

I fell in love with him in The Man From No Where, I can watch him and That movie on repeat! Hopefully someone knows where a good site is so that we all can enjoy and watch all his works :)

PickyMcpickleton May 24, 2014 - edited

You don't know why you love him? Lol. Let's start by the fact that he looks like he was carved by the gods and honestly, I think that is 80% Won Bin's credibility. He's really not the best of actors but he has a very reserved personality coupled with insanely good looks and voila. I have indeed watched his movies (I confess for the co-stars who were what drew me in), but his insanely good looks are hard to ignore. The man looks insanely good looking but anyone who wants to go and rave about his acting I'm afraid, I will have to side eye. The selling point of the Man From Nowhere were the action scenes which I thoroughly applaud him for but yeah, acting...? He's barely had any challenging or versatile roles or anything that's really worth noting. He's also very fortunate with the co-stars as in my love Shin Ha Kyun and the lady in Mother which I need to just finish. I actually think he should take on more acting roles and strive to improve because when the looks are gone, what will be left? He should have taken advantage of his popularity and cemented himself among the creme de la creme.

Tsuyu Oct 26, 2014

You are right Ghettoe when you say, "...he looks like he was carved by the gods, but I have to disagree in regards to his acting skills.Bin is a very versatile actor; sure he is a man of few words; however, there is more to his acting than the tough guy role in "The Man From Nowhere". His role in "Mother" and the war epic proved that to be true. Even if his looks go, his character and humanitarian efforts will keep him at the top. Just sayin'.

Kachiiing Jun 12, 2013

Thank you for this article btw. It lingered in my subconscious until I watched The Man from Nowhere today! You're right. He's literally awesome. However I'm slightly bemused by all this fan worship...because he's in like 4 dramas, and like 4 movies...usually rookie standards...Won Bin is definitely on the cards, but I won't start fanworshipping until I see at least 3 different roles from him :P Not keen on watching the old dramas, though I might give the other movies a go...but act in something soon! Show these idols how it's done! :P

Kachiiing Jun 12, 2013

I really shouldn't have watched that showbiz korea youtube video...now I'm practically in love with him...waaah O.o

meighy Feb 3, 2014

He's just so beautiful and there's something about him that's super magnetic. I watched The Man From Nowhere a few days ago and had to find more of his work. I wish there was a lot more...maybe some romantic comedy, so I could just enjoy his cute personality.

go2luv13 Jun 2, 2013 - edited

where can i watch his movies.just watched Guns and talks.can't find MOTHER/Friends

akai-kitsune Jun 2, 2013

You should be able to download both from doramax264.com .....
      Mother contains some nudity so its not on dramacrazy. As I don't use other sites I'm not sure if they have Mother and Friends uploaded.

go2luv13 Jun 12, 2013

Thanks.I was able to find it but can't download it.maybe it was blocked.BTW thanks for ur help.

akai-kitsune Jun 12, 2013

I wish you could download it.....You should try again later, cause sometimes download linls don't work and the next day they do work.

go2luv13 Jun 17, 2013

thanks.ur help is much appreciated

WonByungHoon Jun 1, 2013

Aigoo aigoo my love, sarangheyo

Tsuyu Jun 1, 2013

Great article! Won Bin is the reason for my addiction to Korean movies and then dramas. With all the new, upcoming young idols these days, actors of Bin's caliber have been put on the back-burner. However, with their abilities they refuse to stay there. He is a truly talented actor and a man of few words (that's so sexy). No matter who comes along, he remains at the top of my podium.

akai-kitsune Jun 1, 2013

The more idol actors turn up in drama the less I watch them.
      ^^

Cheer May 30, 2013

I only saw a drama and a movie but he got me in both of them, I will make sure to watch some of his other productions.
    He seriously need more dramas roles!

LadyTatih May 30, 2013

Finally a Stalker's Guide about Binnie!He's my fave actor <3
    The first time I saw him was in Autumn Tale,was love at first sight so I started search more about him and I found Kwangki.After that I become a stalker. I just love his eyes, how them can speak for him, the emotion in his eyes.He's a great actor and I am a fan waiting for his new projects. Amazing article ^^

LadyTatih May 30, 2013

On youtube ^^
      You can find with eng subs :D

akai-kitsune May 30, 2013

Really? I found some vids with Won Bin's scenes only. I'll try it again.

akai-kitsune May 30, 2013

*hugs and jumps around in joy*

Thank you very much!

LadyTatih May 30, 2013

You're welcome ^^

SayaAN May 30, 2013

Thank you! Wo Bin is a great actor. :)

THATCRAZYOTAKU May 30, 2013

I have yet to watch Mother...but I loved him in everything I've watched so far! Great job, Akai!

lunarlegend_03 May 30, 2013

Oh my! I like him! <3

amrita828 May 30, 2013 - edited

Akai, I was beginning to worry as to why you hadn't published a stalker guide yet: I think Won Bin was a glaring absence. :D
    Great article in both filling in the void and providing us with interesting info about him and your obsession, hehe.

By the by: where did you find Friends 2002? I have been trying to watch this for a very long time and never found it online. :(

akai-kitsune May 30, 2013

Rita, I wasn't sure if I sould try it and as he didn't do any drama in the last 13 years I thought that maybe noone was interested.
      But after I saw some stalker's guides for less active actors I took the chance and just wrote an article.

Of course it took me a while to finish this article, cause Won Bin distracted me alot.

I downloaded Friends from doramax264.com .......

muanyata May 29, 2013

Great article Akai!

Moko May 29, 2013

Thank you akai-kitsune! I've been also a fan since ajusshi, he's just too handsome ^__^

PrettyCarEye May 29, 2013 - edited

He's cute & seems to be one of those emo type of actors that I (mostly) love. I have several of his movies on my list, Man from Nowhere & Brothers. This article reminds me that I better get to them! Thx! :)

akai-kitsune May 29, 2013

Do it, do it! :D

PickyMcpickleton May 24, 2014

He's eye candy to be honest. Nothing more. I'm always amazed how looks can really up someone's credibility but yes, he's an adonis but really, the acting is hardly a rave.

akai-kitsune's most recent articles...