Love Rain, the Movie...Say What?!

For those of us who completed this Rom-Melo, it’s safe to say that we probably spent a little over 21 hours with our eyes glued to our screens and our hearts strapped into an emotional roller-coaster. On the other hand, perhaps you dropped Love Rain along the way and regret having forced yourself to endure such a drama. Nevertheless, the fact of the matter is that (like all of the dramas that have graced the screens of our laptops and tablets alike) we have invested quite some time in watching Love Rain.

So, what if you could complete this drama in a fraction of the time it took you in the first place? That is, what if you could experience the entire essence of Love Rain without the draggy boring stuff, AND you don’t even have to skip through it yourself?

Well, now you can! Maybe...you’ll see why.

According to KBS, the drama starring Jang Geun Suk and SNSD’s Yoonah will be re-edited into a two part movie in Japan. You’re probably thinking like, ‘How the heck are they gonna do that? How much will be omitted?' Trust me, although enthusiastic, I’m a bit skeptical myself. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

An official close to the project confirms that Part 1 will focus on the characters and events of the 70's (the first generation love story), as Part 2 will focus on the characters and events of the present. The official also added that there are no current plans to release the movie in Korea, so for the time being, the movie version of Love Rain remains exclusive to Japanese audiences. This would be the ‘why’ I mentioned earlier. Such a pity :(

On the bright side, this kinda thing is like a Skipper’s dream come true, I tell ya! For one, if you’re a compulsive drama skipper (ehhhmmm like me BUT I didn't skip through Love Rain>.<), now you won’t even have to lift a finger, because someone has masterfully re-edited a full length drama into basically a single episode.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? "Someone should re-edit {insert THAT drama} and turn that baby into a multi-part movie. Like WTH, {insert insanely high #} episodes?!" Lol xD

Part 1 is set to hit theaters September 20th, followed by the premiere of Part 2 on October 11th.

Youlie Feb 5, 2014

I think it would have been better to make a movie from the start. Don't misunderstand, i liked the drama, but at the end it got a little boring and repetitive and I almost dropped it. But still, the story was great!

EliKimIsMyBabo Sep 6, 2013

I never skip dramas cuz i hate the people that comment on a drama that are confused. Like...maybe if u watched it u wuld know..

Bladey Sep 5, 2013

I liked Love Rain as it was (except for Jang Geum suk's so so acting, I loved his father more) and it already was a sort of adaptation of the Classic. I don't see the point of making it into another version of the Classic. It worked as a series but I don't see it working as a movie. Ridiculous idea, but maybe may market the drama a bit more. The story itself is thoroughly beautiful, especially the father-son aspect. It takes its time, but the point in this drama lies in conveying beautiful emotions and a sense of destiny and how destiny works to bring people together and break them apart. ..and thank the creators that there are dramas and movies like that: stories with a heart, that take their time to convey feelings above all else. And that this heart doeasn't disappear even if acted out by mediocre actors like Jeung Geum Suk and that young lady.

Bladey Sep 5, 2013

I'd take The Classic over Love Rain any day, but still love rain was really lovely, taking its time to develop the story and character entagnlements. This new movie is absolutely redundant for me and I am sceptical about it on the whole.

Heartstrings4LMH Sep 2, 2013

yes yes yes, they should teach this shit to all those writers who have great actors and a good story line, but ruin the whole fu*king drama by draggy it out through the dirt with boring scenes that take forever to get back on track to the great story line. I personally can't wait to see how they will play "Love Rain" in summing it all up :)

cityhunter83 Sep 2, 2013

actually, this might not be a bad idea since the last half of the drama was so needlessly angsty and draggy.

LoveAsianWorld Sep 2, 2013

i agree with you, it was at least a fourth of the Drama, that you really just wanted to skip, so think it´s not a bad idea! ;D

immapig-rawrr Sep 2, 2013

-sigh- they do this all the time for jdramas and im sorry but it doesnt turn out very well, obviously in comparison to the original drama, it loses A LOT. i mean, like 20 hours of drama into a 2 hour movie is verrrryyyy difficult T_T i personally avoid movies that were made from cuts of dramas >_<

AlexB Sep 2, 2013

It's one of my most favourites. If the movie is available, definitely, will watch it too.

bocka Sep 2, 2013

It's true, that some parts were a bit slow, but I enjoyed watching Love Rain. I think, it's a good idea to make a movie from the drama, I'll definitely watch it!:)

sagwao_o Sep 2, 2013

I think they will do a movie like they did for Athena Goddess of War. For people who dropped the drama it'll be great to see the end^^ but I remembered the movie Athena Goddess of War (I didn't watch the drama), the movie'story was too quick. Hope it won't be the same for Love Rain!

guiong Sep 2, 2013

I actually liked Love Rain, but I would def have liked a movie version instead of the two weeks it took to watch that drama. Padam Padam was the only romance drama where I didn't feel like anything dragged

dummykid Sep 2, 2013

whoah! only at japan? exclusive only for japanese audience? wae?! I am totally a drama skipper especially at those drama with a boring scenes like love rain but I don't really skip when the drama is the best. I want to watch this movie. They should release english subtitles for english viewer.

Eyris Sep 2, 2013

I was totally bored after watching this drama. I don't want to watch movie in future >.>

Mo-chan Sep 2, 2013

Shortened story, different country, different cast... Even if you didn't like the drama maybe it's worth giving it a try! :D

palak Sep 2, 2013

And Yoona is awesome too.

palak Sep 2, 2013

okayyyy...loved the drama though <3 Jang Geun Seuk is awesome!

KimWanHee Sep 2, 2013

I never thought they would make Love Rain into a movie o.O...

• 0Published Posts
  • 0Total
  • 0Total Views

HeyitsEst's most recent articles...