3 New Kdramas That Are Worthy Of Being Remade

In Kdramaland, there are many interesting dramas with great stories, plot twists, and much more. But which K-dramas are so good, that they should be remade in ~10 years? For once, let's forget about the old classics and instead concentrate on newer Korean dramas. In this short list, I go over three dramas that I feel deserve to be remade in the future.

1. Healer

PLpno7E4_0442d8_f.jpg

The number one on my TOP 3 List is definitely Healer. The whole (Kdrama) world was shook by this unique drama that looked like it was delivered from Heaven. Everything in this drama: from the actors, the costumes, and the scenes were perfect. As a result of its perfection, it might be considered a classic and thus remade in the future. A lot of people might disagree, especially since Ji Chang Wook is an amazing actor and to simply reenact the drama, would be a really hard task for new generation actors.

Even though, I am normally not a huge fan of action dramas, Healer is the exception! It combines a lot of romance with amazing action, as well as a plot that will simply glue you to your chair. It simply won't let you go until it ends.

Since Healer has recieved amazing reviews and high ratings, I believe that in 10 years it will be added to the famous ''classic'' drama category.

2. The Moon That Embraces The Sun

61G7vg91_5a4c83_f.jpg

The number two pick goes to the historical (sageuk) drama called 'The Moon That Embraces The Sun'. If you are not really familiar with this drama, I really recommend checking it out because it's the best in its genre.

This drama helped jumpstart the huge Kim Soo Hyun era. The four main roles were taken by amazing actors with a ton of experience, and I wasn't disapointed in anyway. The plot is rather unique and filled with romance. There aren't a lot of saeguk dramas that show innocent, true love throughout the whole series. I think the romance is the main reason why the drama may be remade in the future. Even though it's hard to replace our main couple, many remakes do just that. I really hope that if a new remake is ever made, it will be as amazing as the original (which blew my mind from the very start)!

3. Page Turner

r1wa80a3_b995aa_f.jpg

And the last drama that should be remade is... Page Turner. Not lot of people know about this new drama special, though it should be more well known. Some people may think that it's similiar to Nodame Cantabile based on the synopsis, but it's not. It's very different.

The main reason I chose this drama is because while it shows depression and sadness, at the same time it gives people courage and the strength to overcome life's obstacles. Since this drama is really short (3 episodes), I have really high hopes that in the future it might be remade into a full 16 episode drama. The plot has a lot of room to expand, and even add in the customary love triangle. For those of you  who love classical music, this is the jackpot!

This article comes to end, and I have to bid my goodbye to you. I really hope that you enjoyed reading my article. What 2010+ kdramas do you want to see remade and why?

jinja b Sep 7, 2016

Maybe we can email, tweet, message KBS world for a remake on Healer??

PandaLova Aug 25, 2016 - edited

signal deserves a big remake

Yadira Aug 24, 2016 - edited

I have watched all three of the Dramas but I think Healer and Page Turner deserve the Remake more, and I think that Page Turner should be made into a full 16 episode drama.

Lorra-Patricia Aug 26, 2016

I also think Page Turner should be made into a full drama.

Rigby 16 days ago

I totally agree with you Healer is indeed a classic now and Page Turner deserved a 16 episodes run. Two best dramas for me!

Kizzofdeath Aug 24, 2016 - edited

I watched those two except the page turner..

Asia al salem Aug 23, 2016

It would so hard to watch something as great as Healer remade, I finally understand how old movie lovers feel when their favorites get remade :P
    How ever, on Page Turner I totallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy agree!

MelissaSternenberg Aug 23, 2016 - edited

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this article. K-dramas are of course re-made all the time, but this article is lacking *why* and *how* they should be re-made. For example, maybe Healer should be re-made as a Japanese drama...I think it would do exceptionally well there.

Page Turner could be, as many others have said, made from a mini-series to a full-blown drama. Why can't we take this kind of article a little further and talk about what things could be done differently to give it a breath of fresh air? Don't be shy!

daisydeath Aug 26, 2016

I feel the same way. Alot of the articles have basically been like fluff and no substance to what the article should actually be about.

annakd Aug 23, 2016 - edited

Great choices! Loved them all very much!!
    I just finished today "Page Turner", and I really don't understand why they made only 3 episodes. Why not 16?
    Kim So Hyun such an amazing and talented actress. Hard to believe she is only 17 :O

Kizzofdeath Aug 24, 2016

She's amazing.. Child actress winner everytime she cried i cried too...

cvparadise Aug 23, 2016

I really need a 16 episode drama of Page Turner, with the same actors haha

Palani Aug 22, 2016

I watched the first two, both are equally good but not up to to a level of remaking. Not sure of third one. I personally will not watch any remade ones where the originality could be completely missed.

peacewon Aug 22, 2016

I have to agree with your Moon embracing the sun. I really love all the actors involved but some of the main ones were poor choices for this drama and did not translate well to the era or the rest of the cast or both. The story itself was really well thought out tho. It is a story worthy of many remakes.

Megan Aug 22, 2016 - edited

I don't want a HEALER remake or sequel, but I'd love to have more action romances. There are not nearly enough of those in kdramaland. I think that is one of the reasons that we Americans loved Healer so much. I feel like most shows people go bonkers over as being super original aren't that mind blowing. I am really enjoying W: Two Worlds, but it isn't exactly treading new territory story wise, just new territory in Kdramas.

>gets off soapbox

jinja b Aug 26, 2016

I know right.... Healer is very far from those cheap cliche Kdramas.... I know Healer's ending is open for a sequel just in case... If not a sequel, another drama from ChangMin please...

JulySnow2 Aug 22, 2016

Healer and Page Turner were both amazing! Both how would ANYBODY be able to pull off the chemistry of Ji Chang Wook & Park Min Young!? Poor potential actors...

PrettyDramas Aug 22, 2016 - edited

I can only talk about healer since that's the only one I watched, and even tho I quite liked it, I don't think the plot is unique or interesting enough to get a remake, it's actually the typical k-romance-drama, no real twists, nothing unexpected, love comes too quickly but what I'd like to see is a jdrama version of this, it would probably be really nice

Megan Aug 22, 2016

I thought it was really well executed and a good example of how standard tropes can still be fun and how little you need noble-idiocy-angst. Plus it is a rare treat to have a decent blend of action and romance in kdramas. But I'm with you that it doesn't need a remake. What in 10 years time, would you change to make it fresh? Nothing but the tech would change. Not sure about a Jdrama version of this story tho. But then again, if it strung all the Japanese cliches into as nice a package as Healer did the kdrama cliches, it could still be fun. I'd at least try it:)

jinja b Aug 26, 2016

LOL.... why, 20 episodes is too short??..... This was the drama that really made me stay on my sit, I want to know what happens next... It was executed excellently... Might be typical but look at the dimensions of the story... (if you know what dimension means is)..

lattebean_ Aug 22, 2016

I didn't really enjoy 'Moon that embraces the sun' that much. I've seen better sageuk dramas than that.. well, my personal opinion is different from majority because I started it based on how many people recommended it as like the best in historical genre.

Rouzmary Aug 22, 2016 - edited

I'm not familair with Page Turner (thou I'll have to remedy that) but Healer is one of my fav dramas and I absolutely love The Moon That Embraces The Sun!

While I'm skeptical of remakes cuz I've seen these originals and they were amazing...maybe in 10 years time I'd be up for seeing a remake.
    Ooooooh just had an awesome idea! If they should make a remake of TMTETS they MUST use Kim Yoo Jung and Yeo Jin Goo for the main couple! They played the main couple as children and if they played it as adults it'd be perfection!

Dana1004's most recent articles...