Bleach Live Action Film Confirmed!

The famous Manga and Anime that many of us grew up on, will finally be adapted for a live action film set for 2018. The Bleach Live Action Film will be produced by Warner Brothers and directed by Shinsuke Sato (GantzI Am a Hero, and Library Wars). Shinsuke has also recently been cast as the director of the Live Action film adaptation for the manga Laughing Under The Clouds, which will be released in 2017. Let's see how he does on both of these adaptations.

The only cast announced thus far has been the actor playing the orange haired, fiery main lead.  Ichigo Kurosaki will be played by Fukushi Sota. His experience is noteworthy as he has played in over 35 films & dramas, and in many of those he was one of the main leads. Interesting enough, he will also be the main lead in the Laughing Under The Clouds live action adaptation.

W197vND3_8c0758_f.jpg

The specific plot of the film has not yet been released. However, here is the plot that the Manga and Anime generally follow:

"Kurosaki Ichigo has always been able to see ghosts, but this ability doesn't change his life nearly as much as his close encounter with Kuchiki Rukia, a Soul Reaper, and a member of the mysterious Soul Society. While fighting a Hollow, an evil spirit that preys on humans who display psychic energy, Rukia attempts to lend Ichigo some of her powers so that he can save his family, but much to her surprise, Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Now a full-fledged Soul Reaper himself, Ichigo quickly learns that the world he inhabits is one full of dangerous spirits, and along with Rukia, who is slowly regaining her powers, it's Ichigo's job to both protect the innocent from Hollows and to help the spirits themselves find peace."

Exciting news for some, disappointing for others. Who do you want cast in the supporting roles? Do you think this will turn out well? Let us know below!

Silver_Sylphy 18 days ago

Yes, yes, yes! A million times yes!

banzaisushi Oct 13, 2016

So excited for this film to come out!! He's the same actor who played the main role in Love Relationship and Endoshima Prism!

KeKe Adams Sep 24, 2016

I can't wait to see it!!!

KatieH25 Sep 23, 2016

I have absolutely no idea who that guy is but I hope they produce a fantastic live action and he plays ichigo perfectly!! I'm really looking forward to this movie as I've been wanting one ever since the anime was cancelled but hang on, isn't the gorgeous guy above a little too old to be playing either a 15 year old boy or a 17 year old because that's how old ichigo was in the beginning and is now??? I can't wait to see what they think and produce, let it be good!

vaberella Sep 17, 2016 - edited

The actor, Fukushi Sota, was in Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu. The man is ridiculously sexy. For those who don't know him...watch the youtube mv's of that drama and you'll see what I mean. He's great as Ichigo. Although, being the punk I am, I would have went for Yamapi...but he's too old for that sort of role. He needs to stick to adult dramas.

I just want to know who will play Orihime (because that's my girl) and Renji (my two favorite characters); okay and Kenpachi! Horikita Maki will post likely play Rukia...b/c damnit...she looks JUST like Rukia. I'm not a fan of Maki's, that's probably why I always hated Rukia.

TeleriFerchNyfain Sep 13, 2016

Yes yes yes - Gintama & now Bleach - I'm a happy person now!!!!

H7zAngel Sep 11, 2016

I can not wait for this one. I love Bleach.

Jaime Lee Sep 9, 2016 - edited

what? wait a minute I thought the author doesn't want bleach to have live action.

vaberella Sep 17, 2016

Tite Cubo doesn't know what he wants. The man says he's going to retire Bleach, that was 8 years ago. Then he continues. Then says he'll retire again, last year. He's still producing the comic. Cubo is all over the place---but then that's what makes Bleach so badass.

mollymay5000 Sep 29, 2016

The manga actually ended in August.

BaDaBa11 Sep 5, 2016

Wow surprised it took this long to get a live action. I mean so many other anime have gotten a movie way before bleach. cant wait

Betty_Boop Sep 5, 2016 - edited

Whoa BLEACH .... can't wait... The one and only anime i like.

alicia Sep 4, 2016

eventhough im japanese ive never really been into anime or manga at all but bleach was like the only one i was into. and now hearing my favourite actor is gonna be ichigo. omg im so hyped

blacklatina Sep 2, 2016 - edited

I don't know who he is, but he looks like Won Bin I'm that pic...

vaberella Sep 17, 2016

He's not Won Bin and far from him.

ysuufooi Sep 2, 2016

not expecting much dude

rxargyros Sep 1, 2016

wow bleach will have live action movie this is great to be true.. Thanks for announments.

frost Aug 30, 2016

i still dont know what to feel about him being Ichigo but all im hoping for is for them to cast the best for Orihime, she's my favorite so plsssss T^T

Skye-N-Rain's most recent articles...