The 90th Television Drama Academy Awards
The Television Drama Academy Awards is held quarterly every year by the popular Japanese magazine 'The Television'. The winners are decided by combining the votes of the magazine readers, special juries, and TV journalists. Let's take a look at them now!
Ie Uru Onna (Woman Who Sells a House) is a comedy about Sangenya Machi, an attractive real estate agent who has peculiar ways of making her clients buy houses - usually by getting involved with their private problems and solving them.
Readers Vote Results:
- 1. HOPE ~ Kitai zero no shinnyu shain ~
- 2. Soshite, Dare mo inakunatta
- 3. Shihei
- 4. ON Ijou Hansai Sousakan Toudou Hinako
- 5. Toki wo kakeru shoujo
TV Reporters Vote Results:
- 1. Toto Nee-chan
- 2. Ie uru onna
- 3. ON Ijou Hansai Sousakan Toudou Hinako
- 4. Soshite, Dare mo inakunatta / Aogeba Totoshi
Jury Vote Results:
- 1. Ie uru onna
- 2. Toto Nee-chan
- 3. Hajimemashite, Aishiteimasu
- 4. Soshite, Dare mo inakunatta
- 5. Otokomeshi
BEST LEADING ACTOR
Fujiwara Tatsuya for his role in Soshite, Dare mo inakunatta
Famous for his portrayal of Death Note's main protagonist Yagami Light, this unique actor showed his great acting skills in this drama's main role as a man who must face the consequences of bad luck and society's judgement.
BEST LEADING ACTRESS
Kitagawa Keiko for her role in Ie uru onna
Known as a beautiful and down-to-earth person, Keiko won this award for portraying the independent and intelligent real estate agent who is able to sell almost any house by getting close to her clients.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Karasawa Toshiaki for his role in Toto Nee-chan
Even though he is mostly a theater actor, Toshiaki is still very talented when it comes to acting in dramas and films. He is awarded with the award for best performance as a supporting actor in this heart-warming drama.
- 2nd place: Inoo Kei (Soshite, Dare mo inakunatta)
- 3rd place: Takizawa Hideaki (Seiseisuru hodo, Aishiteru) *still not sure why is he considered a supporting actor in this drama when he is obviously the leading one?
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Imoto Ayako for her role in Ie uru onna
Ayako is a famous comedian actress, known for funny facial expressions and gestures, who is awarded with the award for the best performance as a supporting actress.
- 2nd place: Yamamoto Mizuki (HOPE ~ Kitai zero no shinnyu shain ~)
- 3rd place: Kimura Tae (Toto Nee-chan)
BEST THEME SONG
Hanataba wo kimi ni (A Tear-Colored Bouquet) by Utada Hikaru
for Toto Nee-chan
This beautiful theme song by the famous Jpop singer Utada Hikaru can be found on her newest album Fantome as well. It is a touching ballad that she has written in memory of her late mother, but the song perfectly fits the drama's atmosphere and setting.
- 2nd place: Koi wo shiranai kimi e – NEWS (Toki wo kakeru shoujo)
- 3rd place: Comet – Spitz (HOPE ~ Kitai zero no shinnyu shain)
Inomata Ryuichi, Sakuma Noriyoshi, and Nobuyuki Yamada
for Ie Uru Onna
Nishida Masafumi for Toto Neechan
Have you watched any of these dramas and if so, what do you think about them? If not, do you plan to?
What are your thoughts on the winners? Share your opinions in the comments below! Thanks for reading and have a nice day! xxx