[Polls] MyDramaList's Best of Korea 2016!

You nominated your favorites and now it's time to vote! Enjoy!

These polls will be closed on January 5th, 2017!

SmileHoney Dec 29, 2016

Signal is actually quite close to winning on one of the polls. I really hope a reversal happens and Beautiful Mind takes a win for something, since it's only nominated for two categories. Jang Hyuk gave a phenomenal performance.

nxia Dec 29, 2016 - edited

Signal is my favorite drama of 2016

plasticineman Dec 29, 2016

i totally agree. it's absolutely amazing.

Mica Dec 29, 2016

Mine too! It's sad to see it not getting many votes... It's honestly the best imo!

iwishiwasabird Dec 29, 2016

DEAR MY FRIENDS!!!! SIGNAL!!!! REPLY 1988!!!! ARE THE BEST OF 2016 END OF STORY BECAUSE THE WRITERS WERE GOLD AND THEY MADE WELL MADE DRAMAS. (on the side age of youth was really really good and descendant of the sun was also good to watch.)

Dani Dec 29, 2016 - edited

Wow, I'm clearly in the minority when it comes to Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo; I love Lee Jun Ki as much as the next person but I had to drop that series after 3 episodes lol! ^^;; And yet there are so many votes for it (and its actors) in most of the categories of this poll... Oh well, to each his own! Although I am pretty sad that Reply 1988, Signal, and Jealousy Incarnate rank so low in comparison. All three have stellar writing and acting!

Dalia Dec 29, 2016

Agree, I finished the drama just for compare with the chinese version. I don't think deserve too many votes, but it's a free world LOL.

Raincat Dec 29, 2016

they cant be compared bc one uses full novel and other just some elements from novel and mixes them with different background.

peacewon Dec 29, 2016

ikr. i forced myself to finish it up yesterday.. the cversion was so much better, the kversion was rushed and off topic way too often. erg. The prince selection was REALLY good and they had a gold mine in their hands and threw it away.

DyingtobeinKorea Dec 29, 2016 - edited

As much as I loved SIx Flying Dragons, why is it here for 2016? It aired in 2015 finished in 2016 so it shouldn't be in this poll at all!!!

riiniemeanie Dec 29, 2016

most of it still aired in 2016. I think of it as this year's drama... Depends on how people see things.. I'm thinking why Goblin, Kim Bok Joo etc aren't on the list. And also.. some of them are weirdly repetitive and some categories miss some important actors/dramas.. imo. if you put SFD on the list then you should add YAI for the best actor as well, etc.. weird XD

Raincat Dec 29, 2016

it is here bc its last half aired in 2016.

peacewon Dec 29, 2016

totally agree the nominating process is extremely flawed. but until a better one is developed I think we are stuck with what we get!!

mish Dec 29, 2016 - edited

am i really the only person who actually dropped descendants of the sun because it didnt speak to me at all? ... also why is reply 1988 ranking so low on all of these?! its by far one of the best dramas ive ever watched!

Szczygieu Dec 29, 2016

Mish I think same as you, Reply 1988 is so good drama definietly my favourite of 2016, but why is jealousy incarnate so underrated? :

ohhe-buk Dec 29, 2016

Same I honestly feel like dots is the most overhyped drama ever. I couldn't get past the 1st episode... I guess the reply series don't speak to the international audience as much sigh

SmileHoney Dec 29, 2016

True. I thought Jealousy Incarnate would at least grab the bromance award, but I guess the viewership for these dramas might not be as high among international drama fans.

miretee Dec 29, 2016

descendants of the sun is really overrated tbh.

Sakura19 Dec 30, 2016

haha same! I thought I was the only one ..lol

missienelly Dec 29, 2016

Blow Breeze is still airing, why is it on the poll?

radhz_dramalover Dec 29, 2016

2016 has AWESOME dramas. this poll is so toughhhhhhh

malu Dec 29, 2016 - edited

where is cheese in the trap in the category of best ost ????

BlxxdyButterfly Dec 29, 2016 - edited

I know, right? The OST fit perfectly with the feel of the drama. I usually I skip the opening and ending but the music is so good, not to mention that Seo Kang Joon composed a couple songs for the drama too which were beautiful. They should have had Cheese in the Trap on there as well.

0003423asfsas Dec 29, 2016

Omg it's closing on my birthday x'D literally x)

Solasta Dec 29, 2016 - edited

No Goblin?

MiraiArtx Dec 29, 2016

Goblin's still airing so it'll probably be part of 2017

0003423asfsas Dec 29, 2016

I think they didn't add that cause it finishes in Jan/Feb (something like that) so xD

deydeyday Dec 29, 2016

The results for now tho ><""
    And Nana need more recognition for her acting but The Good Wife is so underrated here :(

princessofsummer Dec 28, 2016

From the look of it, I'm not the only one who's starting to lose faith on my fellow drama viewers. Predictably, it has turned into a popularity vote.

Even over the Jap section, the romcoms are what occupies the top of the poll.

Farshokoof Dec 28, 2016 - edited

It seems most of people only look at the appearance of the actors and vote, come on people! please look at their acting skills more!!

MiniSushi Dec 29, 2016

I totally feel the same way, plus I think we should consider the way the actor/actress interpreted its role like did he/she take risk or not ect.. For example I think Oh Yeon Seo took risk when she played in PCBM, because it is a type of role she didnt play before and she nailed it. But why did she get the less vote? Come on..

SmileHoney Dec 29, 2016

I agree, even though I like Han Hyo Joo a lot, I felt she could have done better in W. Other actresses/actors were able to evoke more emotion with their role in my opinion. Oh Yeon Seo's portrayal matched her character perfectly, so much that I thought she might have been a trained comedianne. Kim Hye Soo also did wonderfully in creating two contrasting roles in Signal.

Chavs Dec 28, 2016

scarlet heart Ryeo is the best

Skye-N-Rain's most recent articles...