MyDramaList Best of Korea 2016 Winners!

The Best of Korea 2016 - Winners

The votes are in. Here are the winners of this year's MyDramaList Best of Korea 2016 Drama Polls! ________________________________

Winner of three categories |  Descendants of the Sun

Best Comedy | Shopping King Louis

Best Family Drama | Reply 1988

Best Action/Thriller/Suspense Drama |  W: Two Worlds

(VERY CLOSE) Runner Up:  Signal

M4PJ2KVL_e67976_f.jpg

________________________________

Best Actor |  Lee Joon Gi as Wang So [4th Prince] (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

________________________________________

Best Actress |  Han Hyo Joo as Oh Yeon Joo(W - Two Worlds)

(VERY CLOSE) Runner Up: Song Hye Kyo as Kang Mo Yeon (Descendants of the Sun)

b1zlVXl3_d32ebd_f.jpg

________________________________________

Best Supporting Actor |  Jin Goo as Seo Dae Yeong (Descendants of the Sun)

________________________________

Best Supporting Actress |  Kim Ji Won as Yoon Myung Ju (Descendants of the Sun)

___________________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actor |  Park Bo Gum as Lee Yeong (Love in the Moonlight)

________________________________

Best Up and Coming Actress |  Kim Go Eun as Hong Seol (Cheese in the Trap)

________________________________

Best Couple |  Lee Joon Gi and IU as Wang So [4th Prince] and Hae Soo (Moon Lovers: Secret: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

________________________________

Best Idol Actress |  IU as Go Ha Jin / Hae Soo (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)

________________________________

Best Bromance |  Song Joong Ki and Jin Goo as Yoo Shi Jin and Seo Dae Yeong (Descendants of the Sun)

________________________________

Best Villain |  Song Yoon Ah as Choi Yoo Jin(The K2)

Credits: A big thank you to thatseelyah for putting in many, many hours into making the best of Korea polls happen, counting the nominations, and more.

Thank you for voting for the Best of Korea 2016. Did your favorites get picked?

Sujach Jan 11, 2017

Song Yoon Ah won best villain, that's all I needed to know

plasticineman Jan 11, 2017 - edited

not gonna lie, but i'm really salty about W winning instead of signal.

Alicia Jan 11, 2017

Me too :x I mean W was good too, but nothing won over Signal this year for me.

BeautifulSwan Jan 13, 2017

It's just from MDL forum and not everyone vote. Anyone can tell, it's signal won the best drama of 2016 since the top shows show it all. signal won the best drama in baeksang award too, W is nothing.

plasticineman Jan 14, 2017

that's true. although, i believe the reason why W won was because of the number of viewers it had compared to signal.

Mystearica81 Jan 11, 2017 - edited

Some of my picks didn't make it though but congrats to all the winners this year!!

Haru Jan 11, 2017 - edited

It's not that I didn't enjoy Scarlet Heart Ryeo... but it wasn't exactly a good drama. It had its good moments, but most of its time... it wasn't good enough to be mentioned several times on this list. But I have to admit... the soundtrack was dope!

I wish more outsider-dramas would get a chance to shine... most popular dramas only gained popularity through its actors. Anyway, 2017 might be different <3

Loy Jan 11, 2017

I enjoyed it too, but it wasn't the best sageuk, I can't even consider it as a historical drama since it's mostly about romance

AayushreeKonwar Jan 11, 2017

my favorites got picked!! yay!!

ChaNee Jan 11, 2017 - edited

Are you all really complaining about the outcome of a MDL members poll? The way people are acting I had to make sure it wasn't some official major award event. I am seeing people going to unnecessary lengths to prove what or who should have been on the list of winners. That defeats the purpose of "members" taking an active interest in participating. That alone should have told you the outcome. It's not about accuracy in numbers. It's about popularity, beloved bias, and favorite couples. Some people take the fun out of things.

Panda Jan 11, 2017

it is fun that everyone participated.
      its not fun that 2 dramas won 15 categories
      yes its the community voting and its nice but makes you question how legit is all the 10/10 ratings dramas get.

KellyFlower Jan 11, 2017

@ChaNee - I actually liked figuring out statistically who would have won. That's just how my personality is. I'm not trying to suck the fun out of these polls.

princessofsummer Jan 12, 2017

I find it weird though that there are a lot of noise about who should win what category. The loudest at the moment are complaints about DOTS but it still managed to win almost all categories. Must be the silent viewers eh?

moonlightmys2 Jan 11, 2017

perfect winners :)

Jemerald523 Jan 10, 2017 - edited

Yehey.. Shopping King Louie as Best Comedy..

I somehow agree with all winners except W against Signal.. Signal is the best action/ thriller/ suspense drama of 2016 for me.. It is even the best drama for me.

Ladybritaky Jan 10, 2017

Lol. This is the only comment I will make about these results...

kurage Jan 10, 2017

At least they make Song Yoon Ah winning best villain category, I am satisfied enough with it

Skylar Jan 10, 2017

how teh fook did W win over Signal smh...................................

exe Jan 10, 2017

I have to say that I'm disappointed with some of the results, especially with W winning over Signal. Don't get me wrong - W was good, but Signal was one of a kind. This poll was basically a popularity poll.

abee Jan 10, 2017

uhm yeah no

Jul Jan 10, 2017

Lol, basically any "fan poll award" like this is just a popularity award in disguise tbh. There's a difference with a show being popular and it being well done. Anyway, I do agree with a couple on here.

sunflower63 Jan 10, 2017

Some of my favourites made it and others didn't...but the greatest disappointment is that Signal didn't win in any category. For me it was definitely one of the best dramas of the year.

Skye-N-Rain's most recent articles...