5 Reasons To Watch Legend Of The Blue Sea

5 REASONS TO WATCH 'Legend Of The Blue Sea'

#5: BRILLIANT CAMEOS

LOTBS featured quite a few cameos, including Jo Jung SukKim Seul GiCha Tae Hyun and Krystal. These cameos were fun to watch, especially the one played by Jo Jung Suk, which was just plain hilarious!

jun-ji-hyun-dan-jo-jung-suk_20161209_212    082355400_1485444431-1.jpg

cha-tae-hyun-makes-a-cameo-appearance-in    029959400_1479649199-kpopherald.jpg

#4: THE SUPPORTING CHARACTERS

The supporting characters more than just supported the story! From Chi Hyeon to Jo Nam Doo, there were no sure facts concluding who was bad and who was good. Just when you'd think you had a character figured out, they'd do a complete turnaround. And even with the evil characters, you couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

D3m8VxRL_0aca46_f.jpg     P4Y7AQ9L_beef3a_f.jpg

VLQlbGN1_213cca_f.jpg     d4v6Qnb4_cb7120_f.jpg

#3: THE PAST

LOTBS also dives in the Joseon era to show the past lives of the characters, and how it was connected to their present life. The past and the present life are woven intricately and beautifully.

large.jpg      E1VvE2m1_e65883_f.jpg

#2: THE ROMANCE

The romance between the male leads is so sweet, may it be in the past or in the present. Also, the hint of the secondary romance turns out to be one of the redeeming factors of the drama. They are so cute, you'll end up shipping them along with the main couple.

The-Legend-of-the-Blue-Sea-Episode-20-Fi   ep10-5.jpg

#1: THE COMEDY

Since Shim Cheong is a mermaid, she has no idea how the human world operates. This makes for quite a few hilarious moments. Aside from Shim Cheong, the conning acts done by the trio, who were sometimes helped by Shim Cheong, also were hilarious to watch. Ahn Jin Joo will become your favorite supporting comic character, with her witty responses and her habit to gossip!

lee-min-ho-and-jun-ji-hyun-star-in-the-s   1ywqrd.png

large.jpg   91M7KGm3_680c01_f.jpg

All in all, I would like to say, give this drama chance. It's a fun watch. Happy Watching!

JohnGilbert Feb 13, 2017 - edited

I love this drama. It helps that Jun Ji Hyun is one of the most beautiful women alive, but she is so charming and adireable here...oh my. Be still my beating heart. Lee Min Ho is quite enjoyable too. Certainly more daper and dashing, than macho and tough. This is a wonderfully sweet drama. You have to put it into perspective. It you want a light, breezy, funny romance...here's your drama.

Valerie Feb 12, 2017 - edited

I love this drama alot! The comedy, the story of one true love that transcends time, the heart breaking scenes and all. The show is not without it's flaws but which drama is perfect? LOTBS has gone into my all time favourite dramas shelves and the chemistry between LMH and JJH is amazing. It might not be the sizzling kind of chemistry, but i attribute that to the directing of the show. This drama is not meant to be the in the moment, sizzling kind of drama where it keeps you on the edge at all times. This drama is meant to be invoke the warm fuzzy feeling that watching a drama will bring you and the chemistry between JJH and LMH gives me that feeling. Chemistry between the leads is a subjective thing and i think it boils down to how the show is being directed or what the production team wants us to feel. I thoroughly enjoyed watching LOTBS while it was airing and it will continue to remain as one of my fave drama of all time.

Fortuna Feb 12, 2017 - edited

Exactly. All about the fuzziness. I think the relationships in this drama were cozy - not electrifying or super heated but enjoyable. ^-^

KrisS Feb 11, 2017 - edited

I agree. I love the romance, comedy, the great performances of Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, the supporting characters, and the sweet ending to the love story. What I didn't care about is the family drama, especially with the Dad and stepmom. My love for this drama is pretty similar to my love for LMH's drama FAITH. I love the characters and the romance of both leads and the King and Queen, but found the politics and the antagonists pretty boring. All in all, I found LOTBS a good, fun and entertaining drama.

harumi kim azzahra Feb 11, 2017

in love with this dramaaa

Taylor_elle Feb 9, 2017 - edited

I plan on watching this so thanks for some hints about the story.

Regarding chemistry, I really have grown to dislike that word. I've been in various fandoms for 13 years now and I came to the conclusion long ago that "Chemistry" is a subjective thing. Shipping wars tear fandom apart for this very reason because chemistry is perceived differently for different people. Now I simply do not use the word chemistry because it has become meaningless to me. If I like a couple's interaction and especially when it appears natural (depending on the script direction) and the actors, I simply say I like the couple or something like that. Anyway, end of my opinion.

I also adored her pairing in My Love From Another Star as others have mentioned below.

mahgikkow23 Feb 8, 2017

Gotta say, Jo Jung Seok's cameo left a huge impact for this drama :)

WangMaLu Feb 7, 2017 - edited

The only weak spot I saw is Lee Min Ho and Jun Jhi Hyun's chemistry as lovers. They're a good comedy couple, but comparing this to "You from the Stars", You can feel the sincerity and real chemistry between Jhi Hyun and Soo Hyun. She won the Daesang, for chissake, while the best she could get for this drama was a couple award with Lee Min Ho. I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but aside from his pairing with Park Min Young, all his OTP with these great actresses were a little (a lot) flat.

Rigby Feb 8, 2017

Totally agree with you I cant seem to connect with them on the romance side, nada, even the skinship is short, no "feels" at all! And you are correct, Of all LMHs co star actress it is only PMY that he has that top notch pairing.

nuka Feb 7, 2017 - edited

chemistry was not exist in this drama and I really bear with it till the middle. romance? seriously there was no romance.... Lee Min Ho should be more alert these half baked romance not helping his image

Rigby Feb 8, 2017

Agree, LMH should check how he interacts with his lead co-star, he is not romantic at all please dont be mad at me dear friends...

ladymay Feb 6, 2017

i loved this drama too, I loved the romance and enjoyed the comedy a lot in this drama <3

Betty_Boop Feb 6, 2017 - edited

i only like the noona love and the cameo ur right about that and supporting cast, the main lead cast.. nah! sigh...

crashotaku4ever Feb 6, 2017 - edited

Boring drama .boooooo

blacklatina Feb 6, 2017

I agree...I havent been able to finish it cause I find it sooo boring! I felt asleep in the first episode,that was a good indication to me that I wasnt connecting with the story.

mamirabelle Feb 6, 2017

"The romance between the male leads is so sweet" really?

StephStephieTeff Feb 6, 2017

Sorry, but I think you mean main leads not male leads xD

Malu Feb 5, 2017 - edited

I ended up not loving this drama but you reminded me of what I liked most about it. The cameos were great (except Kim Seul Gi's, I felt they wasted her talent, unlike her hilarious cameo in WF Kim Book Joo). Also the secondary characters were attractive, in fact I think their personal conflicts were very well constructed. The villain, above all, is one of the best wicked women I've ever seen in dramaland. I also loved the unpredictable noona romance of the end.

KristenLey Feb 6, 2017

Can you tell me why you didn't like it? I'm in two minds whether or not to watch this drama and i always appreciate the negative reviews.

Alessa Feb 6, 2017

In my case, although I really like both leads, I didn't feel too much chemistry between them. Also, I found the plot rather predictable most of the time in general terms. It's not bad at all, but it's definitely mediocre (in my opinion).

Suicidal_Hermit Feb 5, 2017

When I see someone cry in another drama I think there will be pearl tears lol

AnanyaS's most recent articles...