5 Reasons To Watch: Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me

5 Reasons To Watch: Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me

mLnnvXpL_1b615c_f.jpg

Here are some glorious reasons why you should check out this fun school drama:

The title itself is very sellable to romance genre fans and that promo poster does give insight to a story where we can expect predictability but also enjoy as a light drama.

Starring Li Hong Yi as Master Devil Han Qi Lu and feisty female lead Xing Fair as the cute and determined Chu Xia.

Reason #5 Opposites Attract

q1X7yrq4_34fc79_f.jpg

Here we start out with an alt fashion looking style when she first meets him, whereas he is a tidy, handsome rich boy. They couldn’t be more different and both have their strengths.

jLl7eaP1_ff22a9_f.jpg

And it’s through the understanding of each other that the attraction and romance will start to blossom and unfold through this story.

Reason #4 Forced Living Situation

After Chu Xia's mother, unfortunately, passes away, Qi Lu's mom gets custody of her thus resulting in a slightly forced living situation. At first Qi Lu is hostile and annoyed, but as they spend more time forced together he starts to like her, but his nature keeps him cold and not ready to make his feelings known to her. However, he comes to her rescue at school from bullies, rumours and other nonsense on more than one occasion. But he does introduce Chu Xia to the other students as his maid stirring up some more conflict between the two.

r1xENOwL_45587b_f.jpg

The 'home living situation' provides for all kinds of fun at home moments between the leads including moments outside of the home that can build up with romance!

A Haunted House Ghost sneaks up on them!

b4q89PG3_cd23e7_f.jpg

74K7alX4_f9035e_f.jpg

Reason #3 Male Lead’s Mom

OMG!! It’s almost unheard of in dramaland to have a mom who openly supports an underdog female lead of modest means to match up with her wealthy son, but here she is, eccentric, loving and really warm-hearted.

D457M6WL_ced606_f.jpg

So much so, she hides out by the door on more than one occasion hoping they will ‘get it on’. Her ‘Be safe’ is random and leaves you feeling...whoa this mom is encouraging these leads to... how can I put it lightly... to hook up and get married.

W19XMVo4_891965_f.jpg

PLpG5dR1_36f5a8_f.jpg

Oh Oh! Mom just walked in!

O3oxBly4_a36e7d_f.jpg

q1X7yrk4_2a86e2_f.jpg

732nMRY3_e8774a_f.jpg

Oh hi Mom, lol! Just crouching on the floor while listening at the door...

b3EzM9y4_f92424_f.jpg

However, they are still in school!! And most of the moments his mom walks in on are purely accidental but oh so compromising in appearance.

Reason #2 Good looking guys

61GJ5pM4_ad83ba_f.jpg

There is definitely some eye candy in this drama, the guys that are in Chu Xia’s circle are cute and they are attracted to her, but confessions have yet to be heard.

But with so many opportune moments, who will say it first?

V3WQOdl1_f41569_f.jpg

e10zMOW3_197227_f.jpg

r1wmlwr3_d6b80c_f.jpg

Reason #1  A School Drama

MLOeNGo4_9e1a09_f.jpg

School dramas are indeed fun, sentimental, and filled with a variety of character personalities. It’s through Chu Xia’s journey that we get to follow her as she faces it all in her new school. From rivals to bullies who go out of their way to torment her and even teachers who don’t understand her.

A clear message viewers can pick up on is that our female lead is empowering and strong in her own right. She can hold her own and does not back down from a challenge.

84JJpXo4_2d9385_f.jpg

The spirit of youth and school shenanigans abound in this drama. If school genre is one of your favourites, definitely give this a shot!! Also, there is Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me 2 (2017), the continued sequel.

With a well-established cast of young characters, this 2017 Chinese Drama is not to be missed!

Shojoshit Apr 24, 2017 - edited

You got me at reason 3.
    A rich mother who supports the relationship between her son and a normal girl?
    Definitly going to watch it.

ladytristeza May 22, 2017

yeah reason 3 is awesome...i watched only one drama with mother like that - ISWAK

Patricia Apr 5, 2017 - edited

Thank you so much for your article! I truly enjoyed reading it! I've watched season 1 in 2 days and I'm nearly finishing season 2. It's fun to watch, it's really fun! :) Thank you! :)

SammieWilson Apr 6, 2017

need eng sub for episode 16-23 season 2 anyone knows I'm having withdrawal symptoms lol :)

dragynfaerie Apr 2, 2017 - edited

Isn't this just another version of Itazura na Kiss?

funfan Apr 2, 2017

I think so from whatever I watched so far, it's kind of another bit improvised version with female not being too dumb and professing love to male lead all time:)

iNeedSomeJisoos Apr 2, 2017
      Reveal Spoiler »
      Boombayah_ Apr 3, 2017

Patricia Apr 5, 2017

Actually, although it looks like it, it isn't. It's a nice drama to watch! Plus both leads are on equal footing in terms of intelligence and looks which makes the story more original. :)

ShiraYuuKii Apr 2, 2017

The mom reminds me of the moms in playful kiss series of different version.. All the moms in those dramas were fully overly n cutely supportive of the lead !!

Rouzmary Apr 1, 2017

I'm so gonna watch this for the mom character! :D

Rouzmary Apr 1, 2017

I'm so gonna watch this for the mom character! :D

bojinator Apr 1, 2017 - edited

Season 2 is their own voices.

BiancaDanica Mar 31, 2017 - edited

I just finished season 1. It was alright, not the best. I really dislike Chinese dramas for the main fact that they always dub when they don't have to. It makes all of the audio sound unnatural and annoying. I think if it was a Taiwanese drama, it would've been better. The acting isn't great either. There are a lot of flaws, not many good points. I don't regret watching it, I just don't think it's that great.

HappySqueak Mar 31, 2017

yeah I dislike dubbed over as well, because sometimes the inflection of emotion does not always 100% match up with the expression or mouth movements of the actor.

bojinator Apr 1, 2017

guys , season 2 is their own voices, Idk if they dubbed themselves, dun rememeber.

shoetsukiyama Mar 31, 2017

I'm up to date with the drama, and for those who are discouraged by how the drama started, please don't be! The plot develops really well, especially in Season 2. Got some ItaKiss feels here, but one of the main differences is that ItaKiss' main female lead openly liked Naoki since the very start.

Jessica Mar 31, 2017 - edited

Someone recommended this drama to me! I'm thinking about watching it!

shining_stars Mar 31, 2017 - edited

is this another itazura na kiss???

missraichyl Mar 31, 2017 - edited

It kind of seems like it haha but this has a few differences!

BiancaDanica Mar 31, 2017

It's not an Itazura Na Kiss remake but the drama does have a couple similarities like Itazura Na Kiss. Like the fact that they live together and the smart, mean male lead. The supportive mom who is the biggest shipper of the main couple. She makes it obvious that she wants them to be together. The mom also thinks of the female lead as her own daughter in both series. Another similarity is obviously the love triangle and that it is a school drama. But they are different. Different title and different storyline.

michyeosseo-kpop-phan Mar 31, 2017

it's like a mixture of itazura na kiss and hana yori dango my dream come true lol

XiaoZhanoppa Mar 31, 2017

I love this so muchh

ShannonKFleming Mar 31, 2017 - edited

I find it good but not great...I have seen season 1 and season 2 1-15 subbed, and season 2 16-19 raw. The leads seem to mostly connect with the people around them while being mysterious frustrated with one another. I get this is the part of the story that they lack transparency in how they really feel, especially the girl, but at the same time I would have liked to have seen them connect more on a friendship level at various points in the story, it would help me see them more easily see them merge as a possible couple. It starts well and ends :) ... the episodes are 20 min long so it is easy to get through it quickly.... It's worth a one time viewing.

Parknara Mar 31, 2017

where did u watch season 1 with eng sub?

Table122000 Apr 2, 2017

@Parknara-
      I watched Season1 with Eng sub at the Tencent Video Youtube Channel.

Richel Mar 31, 2017

I concur! It's a nice, lighthearted watch. But the second season so far is obnoxiously pointless with some of the worst writing of conflict I've seen. Just putting that out there, haha.

kez Mar 31, 2017

Omg I was planning to watch this. Thanks, now I'll really watch it!

HappySqueak's most recent articles...