3 Dilemmas Of Every Drama Fan!

3 DILEMMAS OF EVERY DRAMA FAN!

These three dilemmas that we drama-fans face keep us awake late at night, and make us ponder over and over about the possible answers.

Alright, just kidding! It's nothing that extreme. But these are the questions that we all frequently encounter in Dramaland.

#3: WHICH OPPA DO I LOVE THE MOST?

This is probably one of those questions that can never truly be answered. There was that one oppa who will always have a special place in your heart because he was in your first drama ever. Then there was that oppa who had the most charming smile ever! Oh, but what about that oppa who gives the most smoldering stares? And the list goes on. So if anybody ever makes the mistake of asking about your favorite actor in Dramaland, you just know, it's gonna take you at least a couple of minutes to think about it. And even then, you're gonna come up with at least three names!

We are all human beings, and with greediness being one of our major attributes, we can never really be satisfied with one option. So, having to choose just one oppa? That's pretty much impossible. Because, as Ahn Yo Na said it, "If you're handsome, you're my oppa." And that narrows it down to every actor in Dramaland!

tumblr_oha2pvfbxI1r19l56o1_500.gif

#2: WHY CAN'T I LIKE THIS?

(a.k.a DID I WATCH THE SAME THING?)

Tell me if this scenario sounds familiar - you find a drama that's rated 8+ on MDL.That means a lot of people rated it 10, or at least a 9. So of course, you get all excited to watch it. Because if hundreds of people loved it, what are the chances that you won't at least like it? Right? Wrong. Because it turns out that you thought the show was pretty boring, you ended up disliking it or even downright hating it. All these people rated it so high, and you can barely give it a five. Here's when the dilemma arises. Is there something wrong with your taste? Why can't you like it?

This can also happen when you find a drama that was rated (relatively) low, but you thought it was brilliant.

If you're a veteran, you probably aren't as affected by this. But to a newcomer, it's just very perplexing.

original.gif

Basically, it all comes down to this - everyone has different taste and preferences. It's no breaking news, I know. But we all seem to forget that fact, more often than not. Someone might love the show you couldn't stand. You could love a show everyone else seems to dislike. That's just how it works. Because, if each and every one of us in the world had the same likes and dislikes, the world would be a pretty boring place to live.

#1: WHICH DRAMA SHOULD I WATCH NEXT

This is just the mother of all questions. That moment when you finish a drama, and your drama list seems pretty empty, and you have to decide which drama to pick up next. Don't we all dread that feeling? It's so hard to decide what to watch next. Should you pick a currently airing drama or a finished one? The one with the spectacular cast or the one with the amazing plotline? You can never decide. And it's no use looking at your plan-to-watch list because it's forever growing. It's just going to confuse you further.

tumblr_inline_mjo3qoskz91qz4rgp.gif

Thanks for reading!

Which one of these dilemmas do you face most often?

prettytin Jun 10, 2017 - edited

"And it's no use looking at your plan-to-watch list because it's forever growing. It's just going to confuse you further. "

so true! and then i would start another that is not in my list.
    and i have a long list of currently watching

louloudi Apr 23, 2017

My big question nowadays is WHY I can not find any drama that I can complete and not drop it after 2-3 episodes. ( thanks to Tunnel I have something to watch)

Ami Apr 19, 2017

My dilemma is whether or not I should start watching a new drama, when i need to finish so many+ i have plenty of work to do

Yume Apr 18, 2017 - edited

My dilemma: "Ugh, when will I finish this drama?" to "I can't wait until I watch that other drama!!"

and then the cycle repeats..

Rhawnie Apr 17, 2017

WHICH DRAMA SHOULD I WATCH NEXT? is my current struggle!

Sutera116 Apr 17, 2017

do I stop watching dramas and sleep or do I pull an all nighter?

goldenseal50 Apr 16, 2017

Yes! Great little article!

MrsNamJooHyuk Apr 16, 2017

I feel all of this so so so much agh. Like the oppa crisis is something I struggle with every single day because I have this tendency to become a lot more involved with the oppas who I'm watching in my dramas. So when I watch a Kim Woo Bin drama I fall in love with him all over again, but it dims a bit when I see a drama with Nam Joo Hyuk, when I fall in love with his acting and everything, and the cycle continues so that I don't really have a *permanant* top oppa, but they're all up there and switch places as I watch new dramas (or rewatch old ones). Same with unnies! I really love Kim So Hyun's acting, and she is SO GOOD I CANNOT EVEN. But also I love all of Choi Ji Woo's dramas, and of course also Kim Go Eun, Lee Sung Kyoung, and Park Bo Young....

In terms of the 2nd dilemma (and I'll probably get some dislike for this), but I just can't get into Descendants of the Sun. I know it should be good, because it's got such a huge fanbase and I know the actors/actresses are amazing, AND I really love their soundtrack, but for some reason I can't get super into the drama... and I really wanted to fall in love with it because so many people have told me about it. I'm going to keep trying when I have time tho~

And the third point I think we all know what that feels like :')

Everybody, fighting!! We can't possibly overcome these dilemmas, so let's all embrace them together ^^

AdamPorter Apr 16, 2017

Generic and super boring post. No originality and the first one isn't even relevant to EVERY fan. Boo to trash posts like this.

Ellie Apr 16, 2017

I think my biggest problem is "Which Drama should I FINISH next?" I often find myself discovering a new drama and watching, say, the first 5 episodes then forgetting to finish it, so I have a ton of Dramas that I love and want to finish, but I just don't know which one to start with!

Amyala Apr 16, 2017 - edited

Did the author just assume all Dramafans are female, because I don't have a favourite Oppa :P I mean guys have the same problem, there are a lot of good female leads to choose from :) Just felt left out ;)

lennard7001 Apr 16, 2017

We're just rare on this platform xD

AnanyaS Apr 16, 2017

I'm sorry if you felt left out, that wasn't my intention at all. I didn't really know what word to choose for the female counterparts- unni? Noona? Somehow it didn't sound as catchy. It's just the word 'oppa' is used so much, I took it as a general term in reference to actors/ actresses.
      I'll try to be more conscious of the fact that both gender watch drama :)

Tinkerbell Apr 16, 2017

The biggest issue though, where am I going to find time to watch all the dramas I want to watch!?

NakayaHirumi Apr 16, 2017

Or maybe the most serious dilemma..you just found a good one and like to watch every episode, but it is already late and you can't^^" because you have school or have to go to university or anything..It's not good to fall in love with a Drama at 1 AM...

CallistoSangre Apr 16, 2017 - edited

I'm more of a third type person. Even though I do have some titles I want to watch on my list, it's hard for me to pick which one to take on. More often than not I pick dramas I don't even have on my list XD

darkangel662008 Apr 16, 2017

I have the same sentiment... My list are long but I often picked dramas which not on my list.

mars_in_blue Apr 15, 2017

" There was that one oppa who will always have a special place in your heart because he was in your first drama ever." . I see that opening line and also the gif of Jisung and I'm like: How the hell did you know Ji Sung was in my first ever drama and made me swoon to no end? xD

(Protect the Boss will always have a special place in my heart, as will Jisung and Jaejoong :D)

AnanyaS's most recent articles...