10 Funny, Random and Obscure Drama Titles

We’ve all done it, at one point or another... clicked on that odd drama title out of curiosity while on the hunt for a good drama to watch. Would you watch or would you skip! Some drama fans might have completed some of these title gems while some mentioned below are currently airing 2017 titles. Can’t judge a book by its cover, so how about judging a drama or film by its title!?

#10 I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho

Sounds self-explanatory. Plot and concept are fully explained in this title. Is this one on your list, or are you going to skip it?

#9 Gasohug

The cover poster is cute. Without even reading the synopsis you get a general idea - it's a love story with a gas station attendant!

#8 Naked Fireman

Meep! Okay, I am not a pervert, but I’ll admit I did watch this short drama awhile back. And it’s not what you might think based off the title. But really, who hasn’t seen buff firemen on calendars with cute puppies or only dressed from the waist down while at the fire station.. that kind of promotional imaging.

In Naked Fireman, a fireman makes some extra money modeling. He gets entangled with the artist, a young woman whose family was murdered and the killer has not been caught yet. She and the fireman must trust each other to work together to solve the case and find the real murderer.

#7 Super Salaryman Saenai-shi

The title and poster image combo have me smiling as to what this story entails!

#6 Husband's Secret Stash

Okay, "Husband’s Secret Anything" lets you know that something’s gonna be up! But to find out would be an investment of time. Is this drama something you’d want to watch?

#5 My Lover from the Planet Meow

This one had me scratching my head, and the title is absurdly funny and cute. It’s not currently slated for any of my lists but it does make me curious!

#4 Heirs From Another Star

This funny title is mostly well known among the drama community because it sounds very much like a mash-up of Heirs (Lee Min Ho) and My Love From Another Star.

#3 Kung Fu Yoga

Breathe, release, be calm and unleash some kung fu with Jackie Chan! This action/adventure comedy film is actually a 2017 release.

#2 Drunken to Love You

b3E0KAnL_c0f737_f.jpg
I actually found this title really annoying because by the power of booze the leads meet and get together. And well, yes, this could happen IRL. Boozing it up sounds like it would result in a continuously messy plot. I did, however, catch several episodes before dropping it.

#1 Golden Chicken

I think it was more the poster image that caught my eye while browsing titles. Some viewer discretion might be advised on this Chinese film since it does have a storyline with a prostitute as the female lead.

What is the weirdest, funniest or most unusual drama title you have come across on your drama-watching journey?

MissBuyNLarge Apr 30, 2017

It seems so tame nowadays, but when I first started off in the Asian media world one of the ones I thought was really weird was Princess Jellyfish. Great movie, btw...totally recommend it if you're into absurd and ridiculous plots revolving around goofy romance...and jellyfish, of course. Then, of course, there's titles like I'm a Cyborg, but that's Okay...that movie was so strange.

HAVA-RAVA Apr 27, 2017

Sexy Voice & Robo is one of the dramas with weirdest names that I've seen.

Tszzzz Apr 26, 2017

i really dont recommend anyone to watch my lover from planet meow..

Halvmane Apr 26, 2017

Potato Star 2013qr3 is the weirdest title ive heard so far.. lols

Taylorgg12 Apr 25, 2017

I actually really enjoyed drunken to love you.

naccu Apr 25, 2017 - edited

How are You Bread? tops many of these titles xD

KdramaNess Apr 25, 2017

I've watched My lover from planet meow and drunken to love you.
    Can't say I recommend planet meow, BUT totally disagree with Drunken to love you, that was one of my first dramas and my gosh that had me crying and laughing like crazy, it was so good.. even though it did drag a bit towards the middle, i can understand that the meeting from getting drunk part is a bit sketchy, in a way its kinda similar to Fated to love you with the alcohol, but yeeah, totally recommend Drunken to love you... despite the title, but let's face it.. you can never judge a drama by the title XD

Diefenbaker Apr 24, 2017

LMAO. Your list made me lol!

I have only heard of two from your list but I'm intrigued. I have to check them all out. Thank you!

Nadia77 Apr 24, 2017

food titles - Gloomy salad days (well I'd be gloomy eating salads every day too) and Kimcheed radish cubes. And there's Mysterious incredible terminator, don't know why the terminator or I slept thru it.

theairtwit Apr 24, 2017

"I want to eat your pancreas" is one of the more stranger ones I've heard followed by "I'm going to touch you," which just sounds... weird.

Bae Apr 24, 2017

'I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho' actually caught my eye a while back, and I have watched a few episodes .. I don't even know why I'm still watching this xD it's just so weird

Mio Apr 24, 2017 - edited

'I Love My President Though He is a Psycho' (gosh what a title... right?) is on my list and I do plan to check it out, even with that crazy name. But, first... waiting for all episodes to get subbed. XD

Saw 'Naked Fireman'... It was a good short drama and I was deliberating at first, to watch it or not, because of the name, but it's good that I did. (WARNING: Do not go and type Naked Fireman on google!!!!!!] (Really... they should've made a different name... who's even naming these dramas?!)

#1 WOW... poster is so.... *laughs*

Nice article! ^_^

eoniii Apr 24, 2017

Upon reading the title of the article, I just knew "I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho" is gonna be included. LOL

Panda Apr 24, 2017 - edited

The last poster... i wasnt prepared.... i laughed too hard

namopanik Apr 24, 2017 - edited

Can we have a honourable mention for Master: God of Noodles? It's a serious, revenge drama if you haven't guessed.
    /Now that I look at the poster, it even looks like those men were dissolving in a broth.

HappySqueak's most recent articles...