The Japanese Remake of “Sorry, I Love You” Has Been Announced!

Gomen, Aishiteru (2017)

5dcea57a434f99514fd08a23efb5afa4.jpg  556377158885228826_8f36e726_c2x.jpg

It has been revealed that Tomoya Nagase, a popular Japanese actor and lead singer of the rock band TOKIO, will star as a main lead in a remake of the South Korean drama, Sorry, I Love You! The original cast consisted of So Ji Sub and Im Soo Jung, who were both praised for their performances. The drama also became a huge commercial success.

Yoshioka Riho will star as the main female lead and Nagase's love interest.

gomenaisiteru.png

The plot of “Gomen, Aishiteru” follows Ritsu Okazaki (Tomoya Nagase) who was abandoned by his mother Reiko (Shinobu Otake).

One day Ritsu gets involved in an incident that causes him to suffer from a life threatening injury. The injury is so severe that his life expectancy comes into question. With Ritsu unsure if he will be able to live much longer, he decides to set things right with his mother and be good to her before his death. Unfortunately, he sees how good she is to her son (and his half-brother) Satoru (Kentaro Sakaguchi), a very successful idol pianist. Satoru has been able to provide his mother with a very happy and lavish lifestyle, meanwhile Ritsu has been struggling to make ends meet.

Thinking that she abandoned him solely due to poverty, Ritsu vows to get revenge on his mother. He eventually runs into a woman called Rinka (Riho Yoshioka) during a chance meeting,  and falls for her quickly. Unfortunately, Rinka has her eyes on Ritsu’s half-brother Satoru, who is also her childhood friend.

The drama is set to be released in July 2017.

So what do you think about the upcoming remake?

Are you excited?

Are you a fan of the original Kdrama?

Thanks for reading!

Source: Arama

Gulsen 8 days ago

Wow, let's see!

SayItAintSoJoe 8 days ago

Looking forward to it.

Trouble-chan 9 days ago - edited
    Reveal Spoiler »
    blabla100 9 days ago - edited

I am really excited for this drama, I haven't watched a j-drama in years, but giving that it's a remake of one of my favorite dramas of all time, I can't miss it! Like really, I'm counting down the days! Sure, I doubt it can beat the original (but no drama could, the k-version is pure perfection, from the acting to the ost), but I'm hopeful that it will give it some sort of justice!!! Sorry I love you is the best melodrama ever and the drama I compare ALL the melodramas I watch to, so I can't wait to see the japanese take on it. I don't think I'll ever be able to move on from this story and adaptation, just talking about it makes me wanna rewatch it again, it never gets old for me! :D

kura2ninja 9 days ago

Nagase Tomoya? Heck, of course I'm watching.

BrightestStar 9 days ago

Not my type of story but curious to see Nagase Tomoya serious :P

Panda 9 days ago - edited

Fan of the korean one
    So ji sub is hot as hell

Trouble-chan 9 days ago
      Reveal Spoiler »
    Lucca 9 days ago

Personally, I don't like remakes. It has to be really good if I'm going to like it, because I, in most cases, like the original drama better. Also in this case, I loved this Kdrama. I am curious to see how they are going to remake the drama.

sunflower63 9 days ago

I will be curious to see how the Japanese will adapt the Korean original which I absolutely loved. Usually their adaptations are good because they are drier and essential but in this case I really hope that Nagase (of whom I am a big fan) will be able to portray the angst in the same intense and exceptional way that So Ji Sub did in the original. It was a very moving story and I hope that this version will be the same.

(aka Ceki91)

Ceki's most recent articles...