7 July KDramas To Be Excited About!

7 JULY DRAMAS TO BE EXCITED ABOUT!

July is just around the corner. And with that, it's time to know about the dramas that'll be gracing our screens in July.

CRIMINAL MINDS

The drama is a remake of CBS' Criminal Minds. It follows profilers who investigate cases from the perspective of criminals.

With an impressive lead cast consisting of Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won, it won't be a stretch to say that this is one of the most anticipated dramas of 2017.

Premiere Date: July. 2017

Official Stills:

61G0nEoL_fc2dc9_f.jpg

b1zkMwQL_46fe90_f.jpg  V3W8eZz4_1e862e_f.jpg

STRONGEST DELIVERYMAN

This drama follows the underprivileged people of society, and their ups-and-downs in life.

Every fan of Go Kyung Po has been waiting for him to finally get a lead role. While his role in Chicago Typewriter could be seen as one, it was technically a second male lead. This drama will be the first main lead role for him, and we just couldn't be happier about it.

Other casts include Chae Soo Bin (female lead), Kim Sun HoJang Mi Kwan (great news for everyone who loved him in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon).

Premiere Date: 28. July. 2017

r1wzMe74_872512_f.jpg

FABRICATION

The drama is about the world where the truth has been turned upside-down, and a prosecutor and a journalist who aim to turn that world right-side up.

After Chief Kim, I'm excited to see Nam Gung Min inanother drama. While I loved his hilariously wacky character in Chief Kim, I admit that I'm interested to see him a serious role. That's not to say that his role in this one will be a serious one. You never know...

Premiere Date: 24. July. 2017

MLOOgq0L_31ca50_f.jpg

REUNITED WORLDS

This story follows two friends, who, although born in the same year, somehow turns out being 13 years apart. The drama is about their love story.

I have mixed feelings about this drama because of my personal preferences. The plus point is that it's fantasy, and well, that's right up my alley. So, there's no way I'll pass on this one.

Premiere Date: 19. July. 2017

74KePzbL_ef008d_f.jpg

SCHOOL 2017

This is the seventh drama of the 'School' franchise.

The drama follows our female lead Ra Eun Ho (Kim Se Jung) who has a talent for drawing webtoons, and dreams to date a college boy she has a crush on. Through a unexpected turn of events, she gets marked as a delinquent student, which is just the start of her troubles.

My one hope for this drama is to not get a severe case of SLS like its predecessor 'School 2015.  I'm still scarred from that one.

Premiere Date: 17.July.2017

W47QOx8L_d4c173_f.jpg

THE KING LOVES

Won (Im Shi Wan) is the Crown Prince of Goryeo. He is best friends with Rin (Hong Jong Hyun), son of a royal family and also, his bodyguard. They both meet San (Im Yooh Na), who is the daughter of the richest man. The three of them become good friends. But things are bound to change when both Rin & Won fall in love with San.

Premiere Date: 17. July. 2017

Official Stills:

d3k5Vym1_932b82_f.jpg

X3b0N8J1_474edd_f.jpg

84JQNea3_738309_f.jpg

THE BRIDE OF THE WATER GOD

This drama will be based on the manhwa of the same name, written by Yun Mi Kyung.

The story follows the Water God Ha Baek (Nam Joo Hyuk) who promises to allow rain to the village suffering from a prolonged drought...However, it is only on the condition that a young woman is sacrificed as his bride. So-Ah (Shin Se Kyung) is the young woman who decides to become Ha-Baek's bride. When she finally gets to meet him, she's surprised to find out that he is different from what she expected.

The drama will have a modern setting, instead of it being a historical one (as it is in the original manhwa). Due to this, there could be a few deviations from the expected original story.

This the one drama that I'm excited about the most. I just cannot wait to see how it turns out!

*Prays to Drama Gods - Let it be good. Please, let it be good*

Premiere Date: 3. July. 2017

Some of the official stills released.

732pNXX1_ee59fd_f.jpg b3E0pgbL_d504bd_f.jpg p1RRgON1_c2bdfd_f.jpg 71g6Yyn4_3bea5a_f.jpg pLZV5JbL_a9cf61_f.jpg

b4qXMK63_f5659e_f.jpg

O3oaYWk1_0811bc_f.jpg

(This poster reminds me so much of The Vampire Diaries. Is it just me?)

Which one of these dramas are you looking forward to the most?

Kudo_Lelouch Jun 26, 2017

Criminal minds and strongest deliveryman and maybe reuinted worlds but still I am not sure about the genre and the actress.

Soju Jun 26, 2017

Ready for all of them except Bride of the Water God tbh. .~.

Jazzy Jimenez Jun 26, 2017

Criminal Minds I guess

ikki94 Jun 26, 2017

I'm excited for 'The Bride of the Water God' since i'm currently reading the Manhwa.
    I hope the drama won't be a disappointment!

Banada6 Jun 26, 2017

I'm excited for all of them . but I can't wait for Criminal minds . It's been on my top list since day one :D

JustynaP Jun 26, 2017

CRIMINAL MINDS (because I love stories about profilers - it started thanks to "signal" ;p ) and THE BRIDE OF THE WATER GOD (cause the story has a potential to be interesting. Hope they'll not mess it)

divalia Jun 26, 2017

why there's a modern era on Bride of the Water God PV?
    hmmmm.

Mio Jun 26, 2017

I'll definitely check out The Bride of the Water God and School 2017.
    For others, we'll see... (:

(Yeo Jin Goo, no matter how much I love you in 'Circle' but I think this is too fast for you to star in another drama... you should rest!)

Yasmin Jun 26, 2017 - edited

I'm really excited to watch THE BRIDE OF THE WATER GOD and CRIMINAL MINDS, although I don't like the female lead in TBOWG but I have a major crush on Nam Joo Hyuk.
    I love both Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi in the CRIMINAL MINDS but it looks like there is no romance between them, so it made me a little disappointed.
    I hope school 2017 turns out to be a good drama 'cause I like dramas about youth and all... I watched school 2013 a couple of years ago and really liked it.

KimWanHee Jun 26, 2017

Oh yes, you are totally right... The poster looks so much like The Vampire Diaries XDXD

Serin Jun 26, 2017

Wow, Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won, my two precious babies are in the same drama. I'm excited for Criminal Minds and Fabrication. I miss Nam Goong Min so much after Chief Kim.

hongberg Jun 26, 2017

Looking forward to Reunited Worlds because Yeo Jingoo~

sunflower63 Jun 26, 2017 - edited

I will definitely be watching Criminal Minds and Fabrication (I have been waiting to see Nam Gung Min in a serious role again for a while as I skipped most of his comedies).
    I am not so sure about Bride of the Water God as I am not into fantasy dramas and I am also not sure about Strongest Delivery Man as it seems weird for me to see Go Kyung Po as the lead (even though I admit he is a good actor), so I will wait for the first opinions.
    I will definitely skip School 2017 and, oddly enough being a saeguk lover, The King Loves as the plot/cast don't appeal to me. :)

anniiing Jun 25, 2017

I've read somewhere that Jang Mi Kwan will not participate in drama Strongest Deliveryman due to conflict about the payment. Please corret me if I'm wrong.

fallensnowflakes Jun 25, 2017

The King Loves!
    And Bride of Water God just because of Krystal Jung. Haven't seen her for a while in kpop or kdrama. And maybe Reunited Worlds. The plot sounds interesting.

AnanyaS's most recent articles...