Hey yall...I have a few theories on what would be covered by season 2...

There's quite a few events that happened to the Liang state and Xiao Ce so maybe those will be explored in Season 2??

Also...I was thinking earlier and the reason they (production company) would consider a different cast for season 2 would be because LGX can't or won't do intimate scenes since the later parts of the novel contain some very passionate and intimate scenes.  I've read many comments from youtube saying LGX gets very nervous or shy when acting out kissing or intimate scenes, so could it be that in order to play out the later parts in the book they need a different actor for YWY?  Not sure...just grasping at straws here in trying to explain away why the production company ended the series the way it did...:)

5342e689ly1ffxt3493lcj21060iu457.jpg?w=5
Thanks SueLee for your valuable inputs. It definitely helps me get through some of the frustration because the drama left me hanging!
I just hope that if your speculation is correct, LGX will take this opportunity to show how versatile he is as an actor. This is a great project for him. I totally agree that his role suited him perfectly and he was able to give a very convincing performance. He also has a great on-screen chemistry with ZLY. I sincerely hope that they will consider reprising their roles, after all, this series made a huge international impact.
my opinion is that if they choose different cast it woul be a flop...why as of now majority of us fans hated the idea already as per what i saw most comments in youtube/discussions like this..so they might as well convince LGX/ZLY to portray for season 2 .
@SueLee LOL yah i also read in some comments about LGX being so shy when it comes to intimate scences, like his ears all red tomato when he was about to kiss Zly ...oh but i find it  cute...only for him
Did you all see LGX post on weibo ? he posted this : 终要和你说,不知是再见还是永别。( "in the end, I don't know if it is a goodbye or a farewell " correct me if i'm wrong I'm still learning mandarin)
My own interpretation is that he doesn't know whether PA is going to have a 2nd season or not.

Also i believe that if we ever get a 2nd season  without the original cast, it is because the main leads didn't accept to be part of it. I read somewhere that ZZ said that she was quite disappointed and felt tricked because they didn't film the entire book as she was originally told. I also read that LGX said that he won't consider acting in PA season 2 ( if there will be one) if ZZ won't participate.
I think zhao li ying won't be playing chu qiao either. When they originally casted her, she thought they were going to act out all three books, but it was only a book and a half. Now zhao li ying is busy shooting her new upcoming dramas. I think I've heard from somewhere that Angelababy will be casted as the role of chu qiao.
@Yuko yah I saw the rumor about Angelababy too but I've seen clips of her in General and I and thought she was so stiff, maybe it's her big eyes but she always had this blank stare look...not sure how she will be able to portray a strong female character like Chu Qiao...
i just saw the post that LGX is a shy guy. i find it cute. he is a professional even if he's a little shy, but he's done so many kisses scene before. I think he is willing break out of his bubble and kiss Liying. Why would anyone not want to do a kiss scene with ZLY? i feel relieve to hear that if ZLY doesn't come on board with season 2, he wont be in either, (if it is true). I'm not willing to watch season 2 without both of them. Thanks to SueLee, I am contented with the novel ending. I am not that sad anymore.
Angelababy for Xinger's role, no freaking way. I will not watch it. I dropped General & I because I couldn't feel what i am supposed to feel. anywho, I saw their kiss scene, it was epic, but i think it is just too much. they devour each other, ewe. i feel yucky watching that scene.
What happens in the novel? does YWY survive?
@Antonin yes YWY survives in the novel.  I've posted several summaries on what happens after the lake scene in the Discussions as well as Comments.  :)
Oh cool, thank you!
LGX has done an intimate bed scene in My Old Classmate so I don't think that's it.  Also, he may be shy but he's a professional. In all the BTS and other movies I've seen him in, he's always very serious and professional so I don't think that's a reason.
The part about Angelababy is a rumor. I think ALL of this is all just speculation. If the team really wanted to do a Season 2 they should have had all their ducks lined up to do it.  

As for the original cast, if ZLY is mad they didn't film all of the book, then she should definitely come back if they're going to film the rest of it. Also, looking at what LGX has coming up on his imdb and Wiki - that man needs to work some more!  He definitely has the time to do this - so it appears since I've quickly run out of LGX things to watch :)  But I do think he won't do it if ZLY doesn't come back.  He turned down Season 2 of Bu Bu Jing Xin despite its popularity and despite the fact that he had just started acting and he was a newcomer who shouldn't have been turning down roles. I think he's pretty thoughtful in his project selections and have a feeling that he won't want to do a Season 2 just for the money but only if he thinks it'll be a good project.
do you know why he turned down season two of Bu Bu Jing Xin? I was wondering why he wasn't in it. I thought maybe they didn't invite him back.
Thank you SueLee for all the hardwork in translating romantic parts of it.  I truly appreciate it.  Glad we all can share the feeling of this OTP.