Hi everyone, Today April 6th is MyDramaList.Com's first (public) Birthday/Anniversary! We have traveled a long road as some of our earlier users have seen, and hopefully we continue to become better and better as time progresses. I want to also thank everyone who has helped us get here including every single user who's used our site. So Thank you! Arigatou! Kamsamnida! Xie xie! To celebrate MDL's first bday, we're going to be throwing a contest! The contest is to creatively honor MyDramaList.com. You can do so through baking a cake, Drawing something, ANYTHING that has MyDramaList on it. -We will then have a poll and the winner will be chosen from that. -The Reward will be having your favorite drama/movie (that ISN'T 18+) posted in a facebook status update. -The contest will last till next Saturday(April 14th ) at 11:59pm pst time. Now back to MDL's Birthday. Thank you once again to all those who have travelled this road with us, and lets make MDL even amazing this year! Much Love -Skye & Jin!
Happy April Everyone~

This week is My Drama List’s One Year Anniversary!
In order to welcome new members and take a stroll down memory lane, I’d like to introduce a few dramas loved by members of our community. Thank you to all of you who made suggestions, ranked, wrote reviews, and continue to make MDL a vibrant gathering place for drama addicts from all over the world.

Please check out the Korean, Japanese, and Chinese lists :)

Thanks to all the people who keep this site moving: admins, mods, database staff, active forum contributors, and everyone who reviews/comments/rates dramas. You’ve all become my friends and fellow addicts. Without you, I would never have found some of these wonderful shows, and I definitely wouldn’t have anywhere to keep track of them ;)

This year, we:

[list][*]Reached over 100,000 posts on the forums;
[*]Launched a new, nicer, and faster version of the site Beta v2;
[*]Got our own Twitter account and Facebook page; and
[*]Saw the unveiling of great features like Episode Reviews and Twitter Connect.[/list]
Our little baby is growing so fast.
*dramatically wipes away a lone tear, her eyes glistening as if more may follow*

Once again, a great big thank you to everyone! Please share the MDL love and reminisce all over this thread (Infamous Hacker Incident of 2011, anyone? hehe). Feel free to gush about MDL or the spot light dramas. Let's make this thread a perfect example of who we are: rants, opinions, fangirling (or boying), friendship, and obsession, hehe.

Without further ado...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MDL!!!!!

[RIGHT]
<3 you all~

Kawaiko[/RIGHT]
Congratulations! Where's the (non-alcohlic) sparkling wine?
reserved
second
third
Szasha wrote: Congratulations! Where's the (non-alcohlic) sparkling wine?

*Hands Szasha a cup of fizzy grape juice* and Congratulations to MDL!!
Whoops, do you think you could make this the second post in my thread?
sure, i'll just repost. can you delete this thread?
Happy April Everyone~

This week is My Drama List’s One Year Anniversary!
In order to welcome new members and take a stroll down memory lane, I’d like to introduce a few dramas loved by members of our community. Thank you to all of you who made suggestions, ranked, wrote reviews, and continue to make MDL a vibrant gathering place for drama addicts from all over the world.

Please check out the Korean, Japanese, and Chinese lists :)

Thanks to all the people who keep this site moving: admins, mods, database staff, active forum contributors, and everyone who reviews/comments/rates dramas. You’ve all become my friends and fellow addicts. Without you, I would never have found some of these wonderful shows, and I definitely wouldn’t have anywhere to keep track of them ;)

This year, we:

[list][*]Reached over 100,000 posts on the forums;
[*]Got our own Twitter account and Facebook page; and
[*]Saw the unveiling of great features like Episode Reviews and Episode Reviews.[/list]
Our little baby is growing so fast.
*dramatically wipes away a lone tear, her eyes glistening as if more may follow*

Once again, a great big thank you to everyone! Please share the MDL love and reminisce all over this thread (Infamous Hacker Incident of 2011, anyone? hehe). Feel free to gush about MDL or the spot light dramas. Let's make this thread a perfect example of who we are: rants, opinions, fangirling (or boying), friendship, and obsession, hehe.

Without further ado...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MDL!!!!!

[RIGHT]
<3 you all~

Kawaiko[/RIGHT]
Korean

Me too, Flower

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/7b/7b57d444b6898ed58ba1bae4c2254689.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

A tough female police officer who suffers from depression falls in love with a young multimillionaire whom she initially believed was a parking attendant. Instead of counting her lucking stars, she is taken aback by how rich he is. Officer Cha Bong-sun is a peculiar woman who defies the rigid social hierarchy and rails against it. And Seo Jae-hee, the millionaire boyfriend, is a peculiar man who falls in love with this quirky police officer. They fall passionately in love with each other. A crazy sort of love. A story about people, relationships and love.

Chocobana said:
wrote: I'm extremely disappointed right now - not with the drama but with the viewers and MBC, the channel that premiered "Me Too, Flower", for cutting that one episode from the show. It made a huge difference, because I felt there was something missing by the time I finished the drama. [i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, HAVA-RAVA recommends you try Secret Garden:
wrote: The feeling I get from female leads is similar. They also looks a bit similar and their acting is also similar. Besides that both dramas have this chaebol man and poor woman as main leads. And there are many obstacles they must win to get each others love.

City Hunter

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/a1/a1857afc7124887718302a11f590ca81.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

Lee Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho) works at the Blue House's National Communication Network Team but lives a dangerous double-life. Kim Na Na (Park Min Young) is a bodyguard at the South Korean president's residence, the Blue House . Na Na lost her parents in a car accident and since then she has made a living by doing part time jobs. She becomes a bodyguard at the Blue House and falls in love with Lee Yoon Sung.

Jeaniessi said:
wrote: Alright...Let's break this bad boy down!

Story: What a story! The writer/s of this drama know how to write! This was action, adventure, revenge and romance done right. As you watch this drama, you notice it is almost like riding a ride. Some of the episodes are packed full of dramatic tension and zip by so fast that when the credits roll you sit there thinking "The hour is over already?"
[i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, Skye-N-Rain recommends you try Bad Guy:
wrote: Both dramas are about a man who tries to get revenge for his parents.

Shut Up: Flower Boy Band

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/1a/1a47cd88988ac8f26604e3026052f837.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

Byung Hee (Lee Min Ki) is the crazy, free-spirited leader and vocalist of the popular underground rock group, Eye Candy. Joining him is mood-maker Ji Hyuk (Sung Joon), chic Hyun Soo (Lee Myung Soo), playboy Ha Jin (Yoo Min Kyu), silent Do Il (Lee Hyun Jae) and baby-faced Min Seok. These boys rule their school until a redevelopment plan forces the delinquent-ridden school to close down. They're all assigned a transfer to Jungsang High, but debate whether it's even worth returning to high school at all. However, due to an outside confrontation with Jungsang's current ruling band, Strawberry Fields, Eye Candy decides to attend Jungsang out of spite and rule the school once again.

VioletSakura said:
wrote: The best drama I have yet watched this year...
I was watching this parallel to Dream High 2, and the difference in the standards caught my eye more...
First of all, about the story. The bromance, love, friendship, family, these themes are very central in the drama, and are done perfectly. The characters are so perfectly constructed, that you'll start feeling for them after the 1st episode you watch.
[i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, Aminalove recommends you try Dream High 2:
wrote: High School work to achieve their dreams of becoming stars.
Chinese

Startling By Each Step

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/7f/7f78fd97048c3e0551e69b22636c2932.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

Through a car accident, Zhang Xiao traveled back in time into a body of one of her previous reincarnations, a 16 years old aristocratic Manchu girl, Maertai Ruoxi, living in the Qing Dynasty. Although she knows she should not get involved in palace intrigues over the succession to the throne, she inadvertently becomes a pawn in the struggle, because she could not help but love someone, and others came to love her. Based on the novel Bu Bu Jing Xin (步步惊心) by Tong Hua 桐华.

Crazy4You said:
wrote: My first Chinese drama ever! I just finished watching it and I still feel sad. How to begin? I was never really bored with this drama, even in parts where it started to drag a little I never skipped any parts because there was always something to pull me in and make me wanna find out more. And then the last 5 episodes happened - and made me think this drama is something brilliant. [i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, Yeaona recommends you try Introduction to Princess:
wrote: Both dramas deal with love triangles and with the desire of gaining the power but at the same time both have an original story and a great OST.

Skip Beat

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/b2/b2259527948beccfdedf47bc2f7e339b.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

Based on the manga Skip Beat. High school graduate Gong Xi gives up her chances for university in order to support her childhood friend and romantic goal, Bu Po Shang, in his pop idol career. Upon arriving in Taipei, Gong Xi starts working on multiple jobs in order to support Bu Po Shang, whose popularity quickly rises, eventually becoming one of the top idols in Taiwan. One day, Gong Xi catches Bu Po Shang flirting with his manager, and learns that he only used her so she can help him with his living expenses. Heart-broken and betrayed, Gong Xi vows to get revenge by becoming a bigger star than him. Gong Xi auditions for L.M.E., Bu Po Shang's rival talent agency, and joins L.M.E.'s new-found department "Love Me". At L.M.E., Gong Xi meets famous actor Dun Helian, who eventually falls in love with her.

Serenefirefly said:
wrote: This was the first Taiwanese drama that I started watching. I thought that the brief description of the jilted girl getting revenge sounded interesting and decided to give it a shot. I was not expecting what I got! [i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, Ruerae recommends you try Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge :
wrote: Even though the plots are different from each other, the main concept of a girl trying to change into something better is what links them together. In Skip Beat! the main character is going through a change of look/career/life out of revenge, while in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, she is being transformed into a lady for the her own sake. Both dramas are funny, with romance aspirations and with moments that will make you "awwwwww". Not to mention the actors are really skilled. I really recommend both of them.

It Started with a Kiss

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/fc/fcfd09c15210a64bd4be5d09f277d071.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

After an earthquake destroyed Xiang Qin's house, she and her father moved in with the family of her father's college buddy, Uncle Ah Li. To her surprise, the kind and amicable aunt and uncle are the parents of her cold and distant schoolmate Jiang Zhi Shu, a genius with an IQ of 200 whom not too long ago rejected her endless crush on him. Will the close proximity give her a second chance to win Zhi Shu's heart? Or, will her love for him end under his cold words? What happens when there is competition for his heart?

JCKdorama said:
wrote: Why are you reading this review and not watching it?! This is one of my all time favorite dramas. While at times the characters can be a bit frustrating, they do a really good job playing them. The romantic scenes in this drama are very romantic and rememberable (unlike the Korean version...) [i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, HAVA-RAVA recommends you try Devil Beside You:
wrote: Both dramas have very similar story and both are Taiwanese dramas. Both have similar comedy.
Japanese

Hungry

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/0e/0e312449838510affe42fb8a2ec670c3.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

Mukai is taking on the role of Eisuke, a former bassist of a rock band who gave up his music dreams to carry on the tradition of his family’s French restaurant. The show will involve a love triangle as Kuninaka and Takimoto play rivals for Eisuke’s heart. Kuninaka has been cast as Eisuke’s older girlfriend Maria, who works at a bank. She is shocked to learn that Mukai has abandoned his music to devote himself to the restaurant, leading her to uncertainty about their relationship. Takimoto’s character is a 20-year-old college student named Chie who comes from a farming family. Although she initially had a bad impression of Eisuke, she begins to develop feelings for him after tasting his cooking. SMAP’s Inagaki will play Tokio, the owner of a competing French restaurant. In the past, he was fond of the restaurant that Eisuke’s mother ran, but after she passed away, he deceived Eisuke’s father and bought out the restaurant’s chefs and staff. Knowing of Eisuke’s ability as a chef, Tokio views him as a rival. Eisuke’s friends, who were part of his band ROCKHEAD, are being played by Tsukamoto (guitarist) and Miura (vocalist). Both of them help Eisuke with his restaurant.

SayItAintSoJoe said:
wrote: This drama was easily the best Jdrama of the winter/early spring season. It kept me smiling from beginning to end. Maybe it's because it was currently airing when I watched it, but this was one drama that I didn't want to end.[i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, Kawaikochan recommends you try Konkatsu!:
wrote: Both dramas center around a group of childhood friends who are now in their late 20s/early 30s. The whole group works to support an individual member's dreams. Hungry has a couple love story lines, however Konkatsu is more like a romantic comedy. And most importantly both titles end with exclamation points!

Tempest

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/2a/2a1daaf3db01fc5f29a9aa52d6135231.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

Set in the Ryukyu Kingdom during the latter days of the Tokugawa shogunate, a woman takes the guise of a Eunuch to pass a government examination. She eventually becomes a government official still in the disguise of a man.

Bakanishi04 said:
wrote: I'm surprised at how unknown this drama is, and I'm glad I decided to watch it on the spur of the moment.
As a drama veteran, I've abstained from writing a review because 1) I'm too lazy and 2) there were enough reviews from everyone else, so I had no motivation to add to the pile.
However, this drama is different. The Tempest is an amazing drama, and yet not many people have watched it. Technically, it doesn't really matter to me whether people watch it or not, but really...this drama deserves to be found and appreciated. 
[i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, HAVA-RAVA recommends you try Sungkyunkwan Scandal :
wrote: Both are historical dramas where main lead actress disguises herself as a man. SKKS concentrates on romance while Tempest concentrates on solving some sort of crimes.

Liar Game
The Series

http://static.mydramalist.com/i/21/219a615b24a5bb8ae50fe68f2ce3f213.jpg[/img]

MDL Drama Link
Drama Discussion Link

Kanzaki Nao is an honest college student who receives a hundred million yen one day, along with a card saying she has been chosen to take part in the "Liar Game". The aim of the game is to trick the other players out of their hundred million dollars. At the end, the winner gets the hundred million and the loser is a hundred million yen in debt. The next day, she receives notification that her opponent is her former teacher, Fujisawa Kazuo. She goes to him, seeking help, but ends up getting tricked into handing her money over. Desperate, she approaches the police for help, but they are unable to do anything. However, she is told of a mastermind swindler, Akiyama Shinichi, who is to be released from jail the next day. Desperate, she goes to him for help.

Amrita828 said:
wrote: Liar Game is an amazing drama.

It's clever, thought-provoking, surprising and entertaining. It engrosses the viewer from the very beginning, accompanying one through a journey which is at the same time thrilling and disquieting.
[i]Continue reading…

If you like this drama, Nancydrew recommends you try Kurosagi:
wrote: They are both similar, with the idea of getting revenge. A weak, but kind female lead who cares about others, and an apathetic male lead who ends up helping her. They both involve money and debts, and swindling.
wrote: Congratulations! Where's the (non-alcohlic) sparkling wine?

i'll bring the non alcoholic wine!it's my specialty! :D
MDL congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!
mangagirl wrote: *Hands Szasha a cup of fizzy grape juice* and Congratulations to MDL!!

Haha. *nods* Cheers!