Ok, so apparently this drama isn't going to be like most dramas for one good reason (other than the fabulous Woo co-starring with amazing Suzy). It's going to be fully shot before the show starts airing (just like they do in many other countries, like the US). 

As you know most K-dramas start airing before being fully shot. For example, when episode 1 starts being broadcasted nationwide, only 4episodes are shot and the drama is still a work in progress. The  result is often that the writers tend to change the script last minute to fulfill the wish of the fan who want this character to end up with this character, or who don't like the way the story is going and want is to change, etc. The writers probably do that to increase the ratings, giving the audience the show they want to watch, even if it becomes an ugly baby (take Big for example...). 

With this ratings race come loss of quality, overworked actors and crew who have no idea what they are doing half of the time (sure, if your character changes personality every two episodes to satisfy the wishes teenage fangirls and ajummas, it's no wonder you can't do your job right, that doesn't make you a bad actor/actress). 

But this drama is going to be different, with a script that should actually make sense, and actors who should know what they are doing and where they characters are goings. Add to that the fact that it's KIM WOO BIN we're talking about here, an amazing actor who managed to do a great job even in the messy plot of Heirs, and Suzy, a girl that just won't stop improving (she gets better with each drama she does, it's actually really praiseworthy), and I think we got ourselves a cocktail for a great drama. 

But that's just my opinion. Maybe you think differently, maybe you like the power the viewer have on the show in most Kdramas. Maybe you enjoy the idea that this is a work in progress, the feeling of witnessing an event or even the rush of knowing that the episode you're watching was shot the day before. 

Tell me all about it ! ^^

(for more info on the semi-live broadcasting system and what it means for the actors and crew, go there)

I wish every drama was already shot once it airs but that'd be too sweet. 
We all know how much networks rely on ratings so it'd be a gamble to them to give up on their already chosen method. 
I remember Sign and how messy it was for them to release new episodes since so many decisions were made at the last minute, and how tired the actors were. Doctor Stranger was another mess of a shoot if I recall correctly.
I hope someday I'll be able to watch dramas without worrying about the pressure the cast and production team are in while shooting it.
I've always enjoyed Suzy's acting but I know a lot of people don't feel the same.
This news got me excited so I'll be watching at least the first episode to see if I like it.
I prefer dramas that are filmed and produced completely before airing. The story and drama on the whole is much better quality because the cast has enough time to reshoot a failed scene, and the crew has enough time to do excellent editing. You can also see the actors at ease, relaxed, well rested and healthy. In those dramas that air while they shoot, you can literally see your favourite actresses and actors fail before your eyes. I'm not talking performance. I mean their health. I feel sorry for them and their inhumane conditions when I see it, but I can't boycott their shows because I want to support them making a living.
I live in the US, so honestly I am so familiar with this idea that honestly, I dont like knowing this drama is fully shot prior to air. Same with DOTS. I like the organic feel of the SK dramas. If I wanted to watch American TV, I would. I havent for 6 years and I do not intend on starting now! :-) <3
I actually like Kdrama because it is shot simultaneously at the same time while airing previous episodes.  I am some what bored of US made drama that is entirely shot before it is aired since the scriptwriters and directors can have narrow views of what makes good drama and complete them before getting any feedback from audience.  Sometimes it can be pretty forced fed to the viewers.  While Kdrama is pretty responsive and creative to the audience.  This is what makes it good to watch.  Also I am pretty tired of the blatant sex, violence and dark themed American drama.  Kdrama gives a breath of fresh air, light hearted innocence and romance to the heavy gritty American drama.  

Personally i I felt Descendants of the Sun was a little cheesy in its romantic plot.  I like cheese, but too cliche is a bit predictable.  Pre-shot drama can lend to that predictability.   Many controversial American shows are good because it wasn't predictable (like Dexter & Games of thrones... Again too much violence makes it grim to watch).  

I watch kdrama for this reason, it is more sensitive and creative to serve the audience watching it.
@Queen_Makjang Just because something is filmed completely before it airs does not mean it will feel american.  Swedish TV is still swedish, Australian TV is still Australian and British TV is still british.  None of it feels American at all.  

@lotus,  I don't think they do get good feedback.  I think they get crappy feedback that makes characters behave in ways their characters wouldn't behave.  I watch K-Drama because i don't like the fact that all the TV shows are violent murder shows and just because they film one drama before it airs does not mean korean drama will wind up like american TV.

I also disagree that it's creative to serve the audience. when a writer writes a story they have a vision, they know the characters.  and then along comes the audience and because they don't like the lead actress they make the characters behave in ridiculous ways and the writer has to rewrite the ending.  that's damage control, not creativity.