Sometime in the 1990s or maybe very early 2000s I saw a film, but can't remember much.

This film showed on Australia's SBS channel (probably? not sure). I still remember trace amounts of the ending sequence.  Was probably an Asian film, specifically, Chinese and/or Japanese.  Involved sword fighting and other similar bladed weapons. It was set in some kind of wuxia times I think.  Probably had samurai in it. 

In the ending sequence, it depicted a duel between a man wearing white clothes, black shoes and black headgear (most likely the olden day Chinese style hats or maybe headband), dual-wielding Chinese sabre or scimitar-like weapons fighting against an armoured samurai who dual-wielded katana-like weapons.  A notable feature of his katanas was that, when one of them was crossed with another sword in his hand (as in the swords made like a "+" shape), it would give off a shimmer of light to blind his enemies briefly (the shining light also had a sound effect). 

They had typical wuxia abilities such as jumping very high. The duel involved jumping through roofs, landing in hay or straw and dropping and picking up each others' weapons. So the non-samurai used the shining sword technique on the samurai when he got the katana. Also of note was a windmill at the fighting place. 

I think that they were both leaders of some sort of their individual groups, and were settling some kind of conflict with their duel. In the end neither duellist won and both killed each other. Right before their deaths, they stood face-to-face at a distance and then fell forward onto the ground (where their lives ended, most likely). The white-clothed guy made a big smile and all his teeth were covered in blood before the fall, I think. 

Anyone know this one?