So I’d like some help. I’m trying tofind some good Cpop boy groups and soloists. I know about x nine and spexial but are  there any more groups. I’d also like some male solo artists to listen to. I only former exo members Luhan, Kris and Tao. Oh and Lay. I’d some artists that maybe didn’t come from Kpop or Jpop. Thank you so much.

What kind of music genre are you looking for? E.g. Fast upbeat songs or slow ballads? There's definitely way less Cpop groups now unlike Kpop, where boy +girl groups are everywhere.  Pre-2010, there were a good number of music groups and bands but they mostly disbanded or went inactive and there's only a few high-quality groups/bands left. Taiwan-wise, there's Mayday (band), Sodagreen, and S.H.E. (girl group on hiatus) that have decent music. From China, I only know TF Boys but they are teenagers who produce sugary pop hits that I can't take seriously LOL

There are some popular soloists such as Xu Weizhou(Timmy Xu), J J Lin & William (Weibird) then there is one more who is quite famous nowadays & I like his songs too . His name is Wang Bowen .

Idol groups as much as I know are Swin Official, Zero G, 1 Core Official & Cosmos other than X Nine & Spexial .

But you won't get variety range of idol groups in China like in K-pop .

Majority of cpop are love ballads from solo-artists, there is some variety but don't expect much. If you want to listen to Cpop from boy-groups that sound like Kpop such as EXO, then you're looking at the wrong place, just go back to Kpop and keep listening to EXO.

Otherwise, enjoy what Cpop has to offer. There's a lot of great male soloists, much more than female imo which is ironic that you're looking for male only.

Here are my recommendations, keep in mind I have particular taste. JJ Lin, William (Weibird) Wei, Hu Xia, Coke Lee, Silence Wang, these are some unique ones. JJ Lin is my favorite and also one of the biggest stars. I should also mention Jay Chou and Michael Wong, who were/are also very big in China. There's a lot more and you'll have to do your own digging around to find what you like.

The trick to finding more cpop for me was listening to them on youtube  -you will eventually get recommendations to other cpop, you can also subscribe to popular channels. This is much better strategy than going on a chinese website and hitting google translate.

Also make to search for artists using their chinese name, should be obvious why.

TFBoys, Fahrenheit (have not been active for years now despite not officially disbanded), SHE (disbanded), 5566( disbanded), Acrush, A'N'D. If you like bands there is Magic Power or MP, Mayday, LIONS, Sodagreen (Hiatus).

In terms of soloist, definitely check out Hua Chen Yu and Xiao Jing Teng and as someone else mentioned before, JJ Lin. If you don't mind older singers, Jacky Cheung is definitely someone to check out. 

CindyLee:

TFBoys, Fahrenheit (have not been active for years now despite not officially disbanded), SHE (disbanded), 5566( disbanded), Acrush, A'N'D. If you like bands there is Magic Power or MP, Mayday, LIONS, Sodagreen (Hiatus).

In terms of soloist, definitely check out Hua Chen Yu and Xiao Jing Teng and as someone else mentioned before, JJ Lin. If you don't mind older singers, Jacky Cheung is definitely someone to check out. 

Actually SHE is still an active group and just celebrated their 16th anniversary a few months ago with an anniversary album... They started doing solo activities back in 2010 to pursue their own interests, but they have continued group projects like music albums and concert tours/shows. Also, they have promised fans to never disband and sing until their 80's... 

I personally like TFBOYS for boy groups but Mayday and LIONS are also very popular bands!! 

soloists that I've listened to and liked: Hua Chenyu (this man's live perfs are awesome), Xiao Jing Teng, G.E.M. Deng Zi Qi, Silence Wang, Zhang Bichen, Zhang Jie (Jason Zhang), Yisa Yu are all very good!! And the popular ones like Jay Chou, Wang Leehom, JJ Lin, etc. Also if you're okay with older music, I personally love a lot of Teresa Teng's (Deng Li Jun) and Fei Yu Qing's music!!

I personally feel that Chinese music-wise, pop isn't very strong. A lot of gufeng (historical sounding songs with ancient Chinese instrumentals) style songs are popular even amongst the younger generation, which isn't super popular amongst people outside of China. C-rock even sounds better than c-pop in my opinion LOL. I personally find it easiest to find Chinese songs to listen to through OSTs since I happen to like a lot of them. 

krystalsoojungs:

I personally like TFBOYS for boy groups but Mayday and LIONS are also very popular bands!! 

soloists that I've listened to and liked: Hua Chenyu (this man's live perfs are awesome), Xiao Jing Teng, G.E.M. Deng Zi Qi, Silence Wang, Zhang Bichen, Zhang Jie (Jason Zhang), Yisa Yu are all very good!! And the popular ones like Jay Chou, Wang Leehom, JJ Lin, etc. Also if you're okay with older music, I personally love a lot of Teresa Teng's (Deng Li Jun) and Fei Yu Qing's music!!

I personally feel that Chinese music-wise, pop isn't very strong. A lot of gufeng (historical sounding songs with ancient Chinese instrumentals) style songs are popular even amongst the younger generation, which isn't super popular amongst people outside of China. C-rock even sounds better than c-pop in my opinion LOL. I personally find it easiest to find Chinese songs to listen to through OSTs since I happen to like a lot of them. 

do you have any song recommendations of gufeng? or groups? :--)

LION:

do you have any song recommendations of gufeng? or groups? :--)

I don't think there are actual groups or singers dedicated to making gufeng genre music. Most gufeng singers are internet celebrities, or fans of gufeng novels. 

But there are groups that sing chinese element genre, such as Seven Sense (七朵组合, "Seven Flowers Group") and Phoenix Legend (凤凰传奇). Their song "The Most Dazzling Folk Style" (最炫民族风) is so popular and widely known that everyone knows the chorus, even old ladies. Another group called S.I.N.G (SING女团) that mixes traditional chinese style with electro-pop, and their song Ji Ming Yue (寄明月) sounds pretty good to me, it's even popular on Youtube.

Other groups besides what everyone above mentioned

Pre-2000: The Little Tigers (小虎队), Grasshopper (草蜢, Cantonese), BEYOND (Cantonese, extremely well known)
2000-2016: M.I.C., Lollipop, Lollipop F, Top Combine (至上励合), F4, BY2, Sweety, HIT-5, JPM, 4 in Love, TimeZ, SpeXial, Popu Lady, Weather Girls (天气女孩), GTM (Gentlemen), SNH48, 3sunshine, Seven Sense (七朵组合), SPY, SNH48, BEJ48, GNZ48, 3sunshine, 1931 Girl Group, LUNAR

-------------------------UPDATED---------------------
2016-2018: SS IDOL, Lady Bees (蜜蜂少女队), X-Nine (X玖少年团), Team Spark (火星团, aka Mars Group), Catchers, Mr. Bio, D7 Boys (D七少年团), BBT, ZOOM超能团, TOP1男子汉, Varsity-V, Core One, XII Constellations Wind Youth (十二星宿风之少年), Nine Percent (百分九少年), A-Team, Assassins (刺客团)

I would also mention Canto-pop groups like TWINS, FFx, Hotcha, Cookies, As  One, Super Girl, A2A, SIS樂印姊妹, but Cantonese songs aren't popular outside  of Hong Kong.

Groups like ZERO-G, SNH48, SWIN, and TF Family are going to grow very big in population.

ZERO-G started with 26. Some left but they add 6 each year, now there is 36. White Media has 90 trainees that go through tournaments to determine who gets to debut, and I have a feeling that more will become part of ZERO-G.

SNH48 follows the concept of AKB48 so they have over 100 members.

SWIN was formed from a idol-training survival show called Super Idol. Half of them actually didn't survive season 2 but they lacked people so they were called back to debut in their 2nd sub-unit. Season 3 is still airing and I have a feeling that whoever wins season 3 would be added to SWIN.

TF Family are trainees in TFBOYS' company Time Fengjun Entertainment. You can't even imagine how many trainees they have.

kookiejamz:

Groups like ZERO-G, SNH48, SWIN, and TF Family are going to grow very big in population.

ZERO-G started with 26. Some left but they add 6 each year, now there is 36. White Media has 90 trainees that go through tournaments to determine who gets to debut, and I have a feeling that more will become part of ZERO-G.

SNH48 follows the concept of AKB48 so they have over 100 members.

SWIN was formed from a idol-training survival show called Super Idol. Half of them actually didn't survive season 2 but they lacked people so they were called back to debut in their 2nd sub-unit. Season 3 is still airing and I have a feeling that whoever wins season 3 would be added to SWIN.

TF Family are trainees in TFBOYS' company Time Fengjun Entertainment. You can't even imagine how many trainees they have.

YAAAAS. TFBOYS, TF FAMILY <3

My bad, ZERO-G actually has over 42-50 members now. They even self-produced a comedy mini series about having too many members.

They introduce a new set of trainees each year, and there's about 2-3 elimination competitions for each class of trainees. The first group from class 3 debuted December 2017. I really like how they change the members for the sub-units each year. That allows them to try different concepts/styles and helps the new members catch up instead of throwing them into an all new sub-unit.

Two male soloists: Wang Leehom and Khalil Fong