Hi everyone ! I'm starting  Falling for Innocence (reached episode 3) and I've noticed something twice now I didn't heard about before : some characters are mentionning a time period of 49 days, that seems related to the death of a person, and the time this person needs to reach heaven (I think ?).
Is it some kind of mourning time for the widow for example ? Is it common occurence in Korea ? Thank you anyone for your infos !

its a pretty late reply, yes 49 days according to korean belief is the time of journey a person makes to reach the other world. 

for more info you can watch 49 days kdrama.

Thanks for the confirmation ^^
Since then I learned about this. You wouldn't happen to know why exactly 49 days
and not 50 or 48 ?  Thanks again

Buddhist ceremony held in memory of a deceased person seven times, once every seven days, for 49 days after death. According to this belief, repeated sutra recitation of the living during the 49 day period helps the dead to be reborn in a better world. 

for details on this 7 days cycle read

http://folkency.nfm.go.kr/en/topic/detail/199#:~:text=Buddhist%20ceremony%20held%20in%20memory,for%2049%20days%20after%20death.&text=According%20to%20this%20belief%2C%20repeated,reborn%20in%20a%20better%20world. 

Thank you for both the answer and the very helpful (and interesting) website !

you are welcome ; D

i first came across 49 days concept while watching 49 days drama. so u know i never had to wonder what 49 days is about.

and whats with ur profile pic, says no longer available.