Hello! I hope there's not a similar thread on the subject already. So, with Criminal Minds currently airing I saw some people commenting on how the drama follows the american original storyline pretty closely, and I was wondering, how many of us watch only asian dramas and how many watch shows from other countries too? 

I only watch asian dramas at the moment. I used to follow Suits, but I heard it became slow and boring, so I dropped it. I also followed Sherlock up to the third season. I prefer asian dramas. :-)
I only watch Asian dramas right now and it's been that way for years. The only exception is a Netflix series, Atypical, that I am also watching at the moment. Other than that, just Asian dramas. (*^_^*)
I mostly watch Asian dramas. There are not really any dramas/shows from my country but I've neither ever watched American shows (only movies). As for somebody who prefers as little NSFW in movies/dramas as possible, I have enjoyed watching Asian dramas as I feel like they don't cross certain borders regarding that... most of the time. I can only compare it to American movies, but throughout the years I have just really enjoyed Asian dramas - on top of that, I have grown up with lots of Asian movies/shows (mostly Chinese, and Japanese anime).

I don't have a particular reason, I think. There are a few American shows I really want to watch though. :)
I do watch tv series as well, though not as frequently as I watch dramas. I think I prefer asian dramas over tv series because sometimes it can be hard to find something I like and won't get bored with. Plus, most of the tv series that I watch have several seasons, so I have a hard time deciding whether I should watch it or not since it would probably be the only thing I watch for a while.

But right now, I'm actually very excited about a new series that's about to start this month - The Good Doctor, which is in fact based on the drama with the same name and has a very great actor as a main lead. I've seen him in Bates Motel and I was really impressed by him.
I'm only watching Asian dramas (k-dramas mostly) as I have zero interest in American dramas, even though I've watched stuff like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, That's So Raven, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide when I was a kid, but those don't really count eh? I guess the only one that sounded interesting to me back then was Dexter because it reminded me a bit of Death Note. Also, I just like to watch Asian people in general :P 
I watch asian dramas (namely japanese and korean) as well as various british, american, and canadian programming. stuff like orphan black, lost, broadchurch, cold case, stranger things, walking dead, into the badlands, doctor who, merlin, downton abbey, x-files, dead like me, jonathan strange & mr norrell, star trek, angel + BtVS... and so on.

I've enjoyed many western and eastern shows and continue to enjoy a fair share of both. there are times when I need breaks, though. sometimes I find kdramas tiresome and only want to watch jdramas with a helping of non-asian shows, too, or other times I need space from asian dramas entirely. but there are also periods when I'm simply more interest in k and/or jdramas, and so I will watch them over catching new episodes of TWD or OUAT. (TBH this is why I didn't watch the last season of into the badlands and have never watched a full episode of preacher. maybe someday...)
Before there were asian drama diaspora. i was so into spanish telenovelas: Mari-mar, La Usulpadora and the likes.
Now for non-asian shows, I am Totally into Game of thrones, This is Us, outlander, Westworld and Man on a high castle, sherlock, orphan black, doowntown abbey. As for the korean Remake of Criminal Minds. I am disappointed. I loved that show (previous season, dropped that suow after they axed aaron hotchner character) and i am quite sad how the remake went.

anyway as long as there are some interesting and awe-inspiring shows. I am in.
so anyone know a good european, s.american show with subs? And can be downloaded.
I don't really understand American shows and have never tried to watch something (from outside of Asia) that wasn't American. The only show I watch is Shadowhunters, which isn't on right now so I guess you could say I'm only watching Asian shows. I'm not xenophobic or anything. I just prefer watching what I'm used to. I'm not quite ready to dig into the confusing mess that is American media. Maybe I'll try to watch some more Western shows one day. Just not today.
Whaaat... I am watching literally everything!!! Irrelevant from which country movies and series, indie, A production, B production even trashy films...
Art has no boundaries or language barriers...
Cinematography at global, I prefer some more than the others, but I give a chance to everyone!
I watch shows from other countries too (for example, from America and my home country Finland) but when it comes to Asia, I'm kinda Korea obsessed :D I really want to watch more japanese and taiwanese dramas but I just always go for korean ones. But I will change that thing!
Earlier I used to watch American and British shows. But since I started watching Asian dramas i got addicted to them . At the moment I am watching only Asian dramas
I watch both American shows since that is what plays on the tv and then I do of course also watch Asian shows, because it´s always nice watching good looking people haha
I used to watch a lot of American shows. The thing is that I can't finish them. If I start watching a show which is already completed, I try to watch it until the end. But if I watch a show which is currently airing, I'm bored very easily since there are too many seasons and hiatus.

Now, I find it more comfortable to watch Asian dramas since most of them have ~20 episodes and are completed in a couple of months.

I watch asian and american tv-shows too.