2017 DRAMA/MOVIE Challenges

This discussion has been closed.

For all drama addicts out there, I'm just naming all the challenges I've seen around sites and some that are already on here; you can either choose one or a few or dare to do ALL!
But these are somewhat different from ones you've seen/done before~

-------------------------

~ 52 Week Drama Challenge ~

2017 Drama Challenge posted by HAVA-RAVA

Just list dramas you've watched throughout the year. Challenge yourself to watch at least 1 drama a week :)

~ Drama Discovery Challenge ~

Drama Discovery Challenge posted by Moohyul

Find and watch dramas according to the criteria listed in 4 different levels that you can choose from! A very good way to discover new amazing dramas!

~ 2017 Multi-Asian Drama Challenge ~

This is not your typical drama challenge where you watch however many a year.

If you’ve done the drama challenge before and found it easy to watch a certain amount of dramas a year, don’t just increase the number of dramas to watch the following year! Give yourself a bigger challenge by watching dramas from DIFFERENT countries!

So the twist is…you would have to watch X amount of dramas from 3 or 4 different countries.
You can choose the countries but the usual/suggested 4 are (since they tend to have English subs more available): Chinese (China & HK), Japanese, Korean, and Taiwanese.
You can replace one with any other like Thai, Filipino, Vietnamese etc.

If you’ve already been watching from all 4 countries, great for you! This should be a breeze ^_^

This is a great way for drama addicts to discover new dramas from different countries and a great opportunity to open yourself up to new Asian cultures and media :)

Level 1: Watch at least 1 drama from 3-4 different countries

Level 2: Watch at least 2 dramas from 3-4 different countries

Level 3: Watch at least 3 dramas from 3-4 different countries

Level 4: Watch at least 4 dramas from 3-4 different countries

Level 5: Watch at least 5 dramas from 3-4 different countries

~ 2017 Asian Movie Challenge ~

I know many of us are more drama addicts, but movie challenges like this actually helps A LOT in motivating you to complete the challenge while getting to come across some pretty awesome movies, movie actors, directors etc :)

If you’re not doing any drama challenges this year, challenge yourself to 100 (or more) movies!

Level 1: 20 Movies

Level 2: 50 Movies

Level 3: 100 Movies

Level 4: 200 Movies!

To help you out, here are some websites you can watch your dramas/movies with subs:
www.ondramacool.com
www.kissasian.com
www.gooddrama.to
www.doramax264.com (for downloads of dramas)
www.dramafever.com (mostly Korean dramas)
www.viki.com

You can post your progress here or/as well as on your profile page.

GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN, and ENJOY.
Whoa, i didn't realize there were so many different types of challenges. I myself am doing the 52 week challenge.
My blog has a challenge too! :D We announced it last year.

Dramatards 2013 Drama Challenge ~ It's so dramatic!
I guess I'll try doing 50 dramas this year. Korean, Jap and Taiwanese. Let us see how this goes, I am generally quite busy. >_<
I really wanted to join the Multi-Asian Drama Challenge and the 100 Asian Movies Challenge, but it's already august and there's a lot going on right now. So I decided to only do the 50 Asian Movies Challenge for now. :)

Challenge: Asian Movie Challenge
My goal: 50 Asian movies
Countries: Korea, Japan, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
KangAhSsi wrote: I really wanted to join the Multi-Asian Drama Challenge and the 100 Asian Movies Challenge, but it's already august and there's a lot going on right now. So I decided to only do the 50 Asian Movies Challenge for now. :)

Challenge: Asian Movie Challenge
My goal: 50 Asian movies
Countries: Korea, Japan, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Woot! Good luck. I'm hoping to do a movie challenge next year. The drama challenge I did this year is kicking my butt. lol
To hard to do a drama or movie challenges coz i watch it leisurely w/o rushing myself lol but who knows! maybe ill try... probably not... fighting to all that challenges themselves..
I'm preparing to launch my drama challenge for 2014 ^^
I won´t do any challenge :D I can only watch when I really want to and I am spending enough time on Dramas already. Though I was surprised to see how less Dramas I actually finished last year xD The year before it was a lot more.
I'll be doing the 52 week drama challenge this year. It's my first challenge and I really hope I'll be able to do it. ^^ There are soo many drama I'd like to watch, so I want to broaden my drama horizon this year. :D
Sleepninja just made the thread for the 2014 52 Week Drama Challenge. Click here.
Sleepninja wrote: Please check out our 2014 challenge! It's So Dramatic: The Sequel - Dramatards Triathlon

i dont really like the overall idea of the challenges cuz i hardly ever finish things i start. but somehow this triple challenge appeals to me. so maybe i won't formally put myself to the challenge but i will try to watch some more anime and jmovies.
At the moment the only challenge I've come up with for myself is finishing a drama every day for a week at least My on-holds list is kind of outrageously ridiculous (it's gotten that way over the last 4 years) so this week I'm focusing on starting/re-starting a drama and finishing it (so far I've gotten Watashi no Kirai na Tantei , Mr. Brain, Doctor-X 2,) which is already a 3day streak ^^

This year I am doing the 52 drama. . . but I can't seem to find the thread to update the link. Weird.

@MusicRose - I think next year I'm going to make it my goal to finish all my dramas on my "On Hold" list.   That would be the most challenging of all. . . but I might finally finish City Hunter.