I was wondering how many people on MDL love Chinese cuisine. What are your favorite dishes? I love Sweet and Sour chicken, spring rolls, wontons, and don't get me started about the dumplings! So delicious.
oh i so love chinese foods! some of the same ones you said like sweet and sour chicken and spring rolls are so great! hahah yeah dumplings are really delicious~ could not agree with you more on that one! XD
lol. haha. sounds american to me
haha yeah you're right, those really are not the authentic chinese foods~ XD
I'm American so here, all I really know is Americanized Chinese food. :p Of that, my favorites are lemon chicken, egg drop soup, chicken lo mein, sweet and sour shrimp and egg roll. I lived for a while in Canada, though and the Chinese restaurants there make real Chinese food. Unfortunately, Most of what I tried while there wasn't to my taste, probably because I'm so used to our American style Chinese food. There were some things I absolutely loved, though I am not sure how really authentic they are. One place had amazing fried rice, really the best I have ever had, plus the tastiest seasoned chicken wings. Another place had what they called Shanghai style crispy noodles, which I've never found anywhere else and wish I could!
oh i don't think i have tried egg drop soup before! i think there are just too many americanised chinese restaurants and really they should sell more of the authentic~ haha perhaps when we actually try the real one they are so different and not to our liking at all, cause we are so used to the american one instead. in my city, it does sell the authentic ones but those are so so expensive, like more than $80 for one meal, so strange! i guess depends on where you really go so that you would find a bit of everything whether slightly authentic or not.
I'm actually Chinese and I have it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I guess I kind of like "American Chinese food", but a lot of times it's super annoying how my friends ask if I like General Tso's chicken or something. (I've never actually had that, I believe, because no one else in my family can stand "American Chinese food", most likely because they grew up in China, whereas I live in America...)
well yeah that is to be expected, where you grew up with the kind of food then it would most likely stick with you and you would be more natural with that taste. oh maybe majority of chinese from mainland would prefer their traditional foods~
i think i gained 10 lbs just thinking about Chinese food. i love it so much! lol
I absolutely love the 'Westernized' Chinese food. It took me a while to get used to the authentic Chinese food here, but now I can safely say I love it almost as much. :)
Chow mein and fried rice are good. Hot and sour soup, cream corn soup. Green onion pancakes. Home made noodles. Yum!
i really love Ho Fan Beef Noodles. =p~
i luv Hokkien mee
Bah kut teh
char kway teow
hainanese chicken rice
chilli crab
Laksa
fried carrot cake
ice kachang [desserts]
satay and rojak
and porridge and many more

oh gosh i missed Singapore food...
http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/browse/dining/signature-dishes.html
Sweet and sour crispy chicken (Cantonese style) and egg fried rice are my favourites :D I love beef chow mein and beef in black bean sauce... oh my god I'm so hungry now :o
Chicken and Broccoli