I figured we could have a thread for people (like yours truly) with unusual usernames. Of course people with names such as 'Skye', 'Rain' or 'Biisthebestsingeroutthereandyouknowit' are welcome as well (or else we'll die!).

I wanted something new and original for the site, and I was completely blank. I looked around and saw the chord A7 on one of the piano sheets laying around at home. 7 in norwegian is 'syv', but the way I pronounce it, it's 'sju'. I immediately though 'asju'... And then mistyped. x) Therefore it's 'Ashu' instead of 'Asju'. So there it is.
Wow, this is an interesting etimology, Asyv... ops, Ashu. :D

ROFL at your welcome.
I didn't want anything original because I tend to forget keys, names, anniversaries, passwords, bras, brain etc.
So I chose my favourite Banana Yoshimoto's book - Amrita - which happens to contain my name, Rita. The number is just a number.
Like this I'm sure I won't forget it, it's easy and people end up calling me with my real name, which I like.
That's it.

I think Skye is more interesting, but I can't change from amrita to "IdreamtHyunBin'sinmybuthtub" now, can I?
LOL @ Amrita.

As for where my username comes from. I'm a big fan of rain(NOT the actor) and I knew if I put just "Rain", people would think I meant the actor. The Skye part comes from my favorite motto "The Sky's the limit.", and so I joined them together making the most epic name ever...Skye N Rain.
Well, my nickname is a bit weird.
I have on my door a Versailles poster. One of my friends told me that she liked Teru. So she started to call me Teru. Then all of my friends called me Teru. Then I started to read Dengeki Daisy and I liked the main girl very much. Her name is Teru, and DG is my favorite manga. So daisy.
The "ver" part is weird. My favorite color is green. And green in romanian is "verde".
So Ver(de)+daisy=verdaisy.
Weird, I know O.o'.
wow.. very creative Verdaisy ... i read Dengeki Daisy to0o ...:)

i didnt think much when choosing my username.. i have registered with many sites using Carlesswhisper HOWEVER, i mostly spelled it the exact same way i just did >_<.. Thank GOd, am not active in any of the sites or else people would be asking the same thing why it is CARLESS or CARELESS :S..

A friend of mine used to call me brownsugar.. when i was typing a username i just thought of my yahoo id and carelessly typed brownsugar ...so , there are no deep meanings behind it.. From my friend's prespective ( what i assume ) is that

Brown= i look brown or i am brown
Sugar= am sweet or i have a sweet tooth ( i cant live without sweets)

one of my other friend consider me a drugaholic why ? well apparently, in my language, there is a drug called Brownsugar r :S ...
perspective ... EDITTT buttonn where are you :(
I also didn't put much thought into my username. One of my Japanese friends calls me "kawaikochan," which means "sweety" or "cutie," and it's adorable and not something you find in a textbook or dictionary. So when I was signing up for this site I thought..."Wouldn't it be great to have everyone call me a nice name?" Thus the birth of Kawaikochan. \(^_^)/
My name comes from the best korean skater: Kim Yu-na. She's my favorite. On April 30 2011 she won the second place at The World Figure Skating Championship held in Moscow, Russia.
Jeanie is my name and 65 is for the year my eldest sister was born. I was a "late in life baby" and we were very close. She kind of raised me, along with my mom and passed away a few years ago. She was an artist and a very cool person. the jh are my two favorite flowers. Jasmine and Hyacinth. = Jeanie65jh.
TLSubmit wrote: Jeanie is my name and 65 is for the year my eldest sister was born. I was a "late in life baby" and we were very close. She kind of raised me, along with my mom and passed away a few years ago. She was an artist and a very cool person. the jh are my two favorite flowers. Jasmine and Hyacinth. = Jeanie65jh.

Aww, may she be in a great place now. As for flowers, people actually still have those now ? :O
Well, wouldn't it be nice if I had some sort of lovely story behind my name :C
Unfortunately, I picked this moniker way back when I was a total n00b that was convinced if I tried hard enough, I could be Japanese... /shame
Anyway, I used it to sign up for several sites/forums, and now I just continue to use it because i guess it is kind of my identity? At least in forums and such. I much prefer people call me Becky though :)
Lizzy_Kim wrote: My name comes from the best korean skater: Kim Yu-na. She's my favorite. On April 30 2011 she won the second place at The World Figure Skating Championship held in Moscow, Russia.

I was so sure you meant Yoona from SNSD. :X
I came up with my nickname while listening to Yamapi's Loveless. "Ai" means love in japanese, so I just added the "less" and thar's how it became Ailess.
I actually came up with this nickname ages ago and I am using it on other sites so if you find someone with this nickname somewhere else it might be me! Lol
I think this is the most original nickname I have ever thought of. >_>"
Oh Dear Yamapi, Thank You! *o*
İnteresting thread!

Akai-kitsune?
The english version of it is scarlet-fox.
İts my İCQ nick, while signing to my one and only anime forum İ wanted to use sth japanese.
İ took out my dictinory and looked scarlet and fox up.
And here we go: akai-kitsune.
Bad thing is that red is the color İ hate most. Scarlet on the other hand is a great Name. İ read it in a book ages ago.
throax wrote: İnteresting thread!

Akai-kitsune?
The english version of it is scarlet-fox.
İts my İCQ nick, while signing to my one and only anime forum İ wanted to use sth japanese.
İ took out my dictinory and looked scarlet and fox up.
And here we go: akai-kitsune.
Bad thing is that red is the color İ hate most. Scarlet on the other hand is a great Name. İ read it in a book ages ago.

You mean Gone With The Wind?