Boys Over Flowers was my second drama which i watched years ago and I now started rewatching some episodes since i'm more knowledgable about kdramas, OST(like when Ji Hoo plays the OST to My Girl-never noticed that), and the korean romance formula but i'm starting to get angry again. So ANGRY. i just can't get over who she's going to choose in the end. Knowing that it's going to happen is killing this drama for me. Now that i'm rewatching it, i realized that guy 1 really did love her and he just wanted her to see him for what he really was in the first couple of episodes. Guy 2 was in his own zone so of course he didn't realize his feelings til later which by then it was too late BUT did Guy 1 REALLY HAVE TO PUT HER THROUGH ALL THAT CRAZINESS!! like really?! I mean he couldn't just but aside all the pettiness and just love her. My gosh If i was her I would have dropped him long ago. I mean yes i was happy in the end but at the same time i was feeling guilty too. The scene that best comes to mind is when the lady said " you will meet both your husband and soulmate" so i guess i can interpret that to mean that even if you find love they might not be your soulmate which also means that your soulmate could come in any form like a friend, sister, etc. UGH which means Guy 2 is her soulmate-that's what my heart believes. sorry to ramble. this isn't my favorite drama but i just get so frustrated thinking about it and wonder if there are others who feel the same. Please let me know. I'd love to read other perspectives. Much love guys<3

Honestly?? The whole drama is kinda fckd up. (It has been ages since i saw the drama so i cant really discuss it in depth simply because i dont remember it accurately.) The whole 'love triangle' is kinda bad. All characters (incl side characters) are pretty one-dimensional.
We all know that GJP as a character is like a prototype of a bad-guy-who-loves-you-and-is-only-nice-to-you but I think that in the end only few of us would like to spend the rest of our lifetime with such person. He just wanted JanDi bc she was something he did not have before - just very childish reason. 
Jan di, who is portrayed as a very strong girl who takes 0 shit, is still somehow intrigued by him and his immature (and very abusive!) behaviour and I believe in real life, girl like her would just walk away.
YJH is not much better than GJP. like.. yeah he was nice to her since the begining and is made to be an opposite of GJP but i dont think he was in love. I'm not sure if it is canonically correct but i read somewhere that he might have some light autism given the way he was behaving (on the other hand it might be also because of Kim HyunJoongs terrible acting) so if you think about it, he was interested by her because she was different and stuff but in the end.. it was just not love. These three ppl should have formed just a kickass friendship trio and that would be better than any romantic relationship because they simply wouldnt work in real life. JanDi liked YJH because he was nice guy, not because she was in love.
Dramas in general just go in this stupid pattern with similar characters and girl always ends up with the wrong guy (#secondleadsyndrome)...

As for the 'husband and soulmate' (=2 different ppl)... i really like that concept. Like.. the idea of platonic relationship (the soulmate) being as important as romantic rel (the husband) and that it doesnt have to be necessary be the same person is worth of exploring more for various reasons. I dont really remember how it was used in this drama, but i bet it was not presented well (given the fact that this drama is just a mess). Personally i dont see this as something tragic or sad. It gives you just another perspective to life and relationships in general.

To sum it up; Boys over flowers in general make me very angry. I hate the fact that this mess is something that whole k-drama community watched, most of us also enjoyed watching it (including me) and it has ridiculously high rating. The story is like the most cliche stuff out there and romanticizes abusive behaviour in relationship. Actors were quite bad and still gained a ridiculous fanclubs from this gig. like wtf. . . But i guess thats just how it goes... Sometimes you just have to step back and realize that it is just a tv show. stupid drama targeting audience which i probably dont belong to.

P.S.: while watching BOF, I obviously rooted for YJH. but at the same time i dont think they would be good couple. it is just that i wanted jandi to be with person who is nice to her... JanDi simply deserved someone else. someone new.
(and sorry for the long rant and if there is something i wrote unintelligibly i am willing to explain :D. i just get too emotional over bad dramas .'D)
Boys over Flowers was my first Korean drama, which lead me to the world of Asian dramas. I love the drama, flaws and all, so much that I watched the Japanese version as well.  Its a story base on a manga so Its far fetched. I get where you guys are coming from, but I love it all the same. 

I Love dramas with two male leads fighting for the female. GJP, YJH and Jandi were in a love triangle. I would like to think Jandi had a crush on YJH in the beginning and fell in love with GJP. But since the writer give us so many scenes with her and YJH, I grew attached and was rooting for him. I cried when YJH cried playing the violin. GJP was portrayed as a bad boy turn good after he fell in love. Lee Min Ho acting range was great, I love when he would reflect on the clues, which show that Jandi was crushing on YJH, and he choose to ignore them, because he was attracted to her. Jandi over acting, and YJH under acting sucked. But I was so caught up in the plot that I did not mind it. 

Things I hate about the plot was how the writers made Jandi go through so much hardship before getting her prince, and her clothes style, seriously writers what's with lead actresses and horrible clothing. The flint stone outfit on the beach, really? Then again it went well with the chop up hair cut... if it was real life, the girl would have given up by the time her parents lost their business and home. But since her family had their eyes wide shut, I guess they look to the payoff at the end..., I am not saying they were gold diggers...but they really made me mad, when they had Jandi worked so many jobs after the family loss the business, yet they did nothing.

I was also mad that GJP did nothing, while Jandi went through it all, He could have done many things to help Jandi as well,  he had the money and the means to help her without her knowing. Since she was very competitive just Setting up competition with grand prizes would have help. Influencing his large followers to purchase goods from her, or to frequent her restaurant would have increase tips. Just saying.

what I love about this drama was the different senerios, like the mom brain washing him to believe he cause an employee to jump, or the time he had amnasia and still remembered  her. The OST was amazing! I still listen to "because am stupid", " Stand by me" and "what should I do". Oh! and I discovered Kim Hyun Joong (YJH) was a singer in real life, omg, amazing right, which open up the kpop world to me. the food was also amazing!! I started eating ramen, because of GJP, I know right...

Although GJP would be an unpredictable and an amazing life partner,  My pick, (YJH)Kim Hyun Joong because he was her soulmate and put in the most effort, A for effort.