I got inspired by another thread about goals in life and I saw that many answers were about fluency in different languages.
So that's it. Did you ever or are you studying new languages right now? Which one(s)? Do you pretend to travel or live in the country(ies) native to that language(s)? Why did you start it and what keeps you motivated through the days? Share with us! (*^ω^)
Currently im learning Hangul and Nihonggo, but im more focused on Hangul now.
Im working on my listening skills so I always watch and re-watch movies and dramas and always always listen to Ksongs.
I don't pretend. But more like I talk to my friends in Korean (not entirely, just some simple words) so I can feel the Hangul vibe ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I chose it firstly because I like Kdramas then Kpop plus its more accessible since its getting quite the attention throughout Asia and outside.

how about you? 
I'm studying Japanese currently! (other languages I've studied: French and Swedish) 
I didn't get into the school I applied for after High school, so I'm having a gap year. I really wanted to study something instead just relaxing at home/looking for a part time job, so I looked through some institutes (schools that last 1 year) and I noticed this school where you could study Japanese. So, I thought why not? Since I now have time for learning something I've always wanted. It's now been almost 4 months since I started studying here and I really like it. We have a native Japanese teacher and everyday 5 hours of classes. Since the school only lasts for 1 year the pace in studying is really fast. But I'm motivated to continue working hard for it because, I can't believe how much I've learned in just 4 months. It feels unbelievable. :) I'm going to Japan in 2016 March with other students in my class. (field trip) so I'm looking forward to use my Japanese with others than my classmates and my teacher. 

As for future I'd like to learn Chinese. (and maybe Korean) I like learning languages, it's fun. :) 
Well, there's a slight difference between Hangeul (alphabet) and Hangugeo (actual language). I've dominated Hangeul and I can read and transliterate/transcribe anything both ways (to and from), but I'm still developing my skills in Hangugeo, building vocabulary and studying some rules on how to form sentences. Let's admit, is kinda impossible to watch many dramas/variety/interviews and NOT learn the most popular expressions and slangs. I also encounter myself in that position of speaking random Korean words with friends/family, the most awkward moment was when I accidentally said "ne" meaning yes/yeah/right and my friend interpreted as "meh" and got mad at me. Most of my friends have already picked up the meaning of wae, eomeo, jinjja, andwae, aigo, though.

I do intend to go to ROK whenever I'm able to do so. I was thinking in moving there and sticked with the idea for a very long time, but all the thing with being stigmatized as waeguk forever (despite fluency or assimilation) made me think twice and now I intend to move to LA and only visit South Korea 2~3 months at a time (visa-free period limit, lol).

I think I talk too much when I'm excited and my story of how I've came to study Korean will be too damn long, there were many variables, so let's try to keep it short. One of them is really accessibility: I have a Samsung smartphone that came with a Hangeul layout keyboard and... Oh right, that was how it alI started, trying to write the lyrics of some random TVXQ! song in my status. I find the input system interesting. I was still studying Japanese at that time, so it seemed a lot easier than the hiragana input, why not try to learn it.

I also keep in touch by watching and subtitling dramas, mostly from pre-existent English subs to my first language (Portuguese), but in some cases I was able to translate without engsubs. Doesn't seem like it helps, but trust me, it helps a lot, it's a rewatch with you focusing in one sentence at a time and working with the meanings. Big opportunity if you know another language besides English.

What motivates me everyday is the thought of being able to watch simulcasts of dramas without having to wait for anyone, understanding song lyrics without having to look up (or, again, wait for someone to translate) and, of course, being able to speak with Korean natives. I get excited just by thinking.

*Other languages not mentioned that I happen to have studied in the past: French and Spanish (mandatory classes in my middle and high school), Japanese (I was a total weeaboo once, you can see the marks that remain today in my username). Nowdays I like have some fun learning Mandarin and Cantonese. My original motivation was to speak with Chinese imigrants here in my hometown, then for fun, then I saw I could actually use that to help me with the understanding of Hanja. I do not regret one bit having started it.
Nice, kojiroo-san (we have the same age and socio-hierarchical level and I don't feel like using superior honorifics at you, sorry not sorry :P)

I was studying Japanese and Korean simultaneously, but then I decided it was too much and decided to focus in one language only. Better be good at one than mediocre at two, you know what they say "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". So I chose Korean, 'cause I have more affinity with the language, history, people and culture, but I intend coming back to Japanese once I become fluent in Korean. There was an incident, though, my interest in Japanese culture decreased a lot after reading/watching too much about the atrocities of the Japanese Empire and at this point I've become so invested in Joseon that I feel like a traitor. But I've met a son of Japanese imigrants that thinks this is silly, maybe he'll help me change my views on that.

Anyway, good luck with your trip next year! I'm jealous. Will you visit the countryside and islands or stay more around Tokyo/Osaka?
Yes, I also think it's best to focus on one language at a time! :) 

Thanks. I'm so happy that I finally have a chance to go to Japan. We are going to stay in Tokyo (our hotel is there) and also since it's a field trip, we will be attending a Japanese language school in Tokyo. We are still planning but I think we'll stay around Tokyo for most of the time.