As much as I love my dramas I am also an avid reader and was just wondering if anyone loves to read and talk about books as well :) 

I used to have one, but I forgot my login. Yay~ Another fellow bookworm like me! :D 
I don't have a goodreads account, but I do like to read. The books I read always take place in China, Japan or Korea. One of my favorite books is Peony in Love by Lisa See, don't know if you have read it, but if you haven't give it a try. There's also The Last Empress by Anchee Min. If you like these and would like some more titles let me know. I can give you a few more names. :)
I have a good reads account too but I rarely really update.. 

@marisol12 It's interesting!! So far the only books I've read that take place in asia setting are autobiography books about north korea, and Crazy Rich Asians lol and for the japanese ones, only haruki murakami books. I'd like to have more titles to check out :) I also like these set in the past, but do you have something more modern... like without much historical genre?? cause sometimes I find it hard to remember chinese names, culture etc. xD I don't have that kind of problem with korea though.
I've had all my novels on hold for a bit thanks to school, but I'll probably get back on track on track soon enough. My Goodreads name is L. Mary (/lmary).

My top five favorite novels are And the Mountains Echoed by Hosseini, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami, The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky, A Fine Balance by Mistry, and The Cipher by Koja. I read a little bit of everything.
Nice to know ppl who share both of my interests - Dramas/Movies, Books.
I am a Book buff. My Goodreads account user name is Sara001. I have my list updated till date. My fav genres are Mystery/Detective, Historical fiction, fantasy, comedy.
I don't really have a goodreads account though I really got back into reading this year. 
Currently i'm finishing up a book called The Last Kamikaze: The Story of Admiral Matome Ugaki. 
Yep I do have one ^^
Though I haven't updated it for a year now
Yes, I do. I use it mostly to keep track of the books that I read, but I hardly write reviews on Goodreads or participate on any groups over there. Someone made a group called Journey from Asian Dramas to Asian Literature, but it's inactive due to the lack of members.

Japanese writer Natsume Soseki is one of my favorite authors, ever, and I enjoy works from contemporary Japanese writers like Murakami Haruki, Higashino Keigo and Kirino Natsuo as well. (And I have this really annoying habit of complaining about movies/dramas that aren't quite faithful to the books from which they were adapted from).

I've read exactly two South Koreans novels--Take Care of My Mom by Shin Kyung-sook and No One Writes Back by Jang Eun-jin--and would love to read more Korean literature if only I know what to read. As for Chinese literature, I know they have tons of great works but for some reason I haven't read any of them.

The last two books I finished back-to-back were Japanese (in English translation, of course): Light and Dark by Natsume Soseki & Rashomon and Seventeen Other Stories. The translation for both are superb. Do check them out if you're interested.
I do have a Goodreads account, I just don't read that much, I guess only around 3/4 books a month.
I do.. I'm not that active in goodreads though, unlike here in MDL.. But, I love reading more than watching dramas or movies. Works my imagination. :)
 I have a Goodreads account and I am in search of good books set against an Asian background, historical fiction in particular. I love romance and fantasy.
I have one, reading mostly fantasy and sci-fi at the moment.
Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
but does anyone know places to download/read books for free?

I had a bunch of books downloaded but my laptop crashed so I lost them, and I'm a bit short of money so unfortunately can't buy them... sigh...