Hi Guys,

Since I found out the asian drama world a couple of months ago, my life has completely changed.

I've got fatter because I don't want to waste time exercising anymore and really lazy to do other things that won't involve watching a new drama/movie or looking for new dramas/movies to watch lol...

Everyday I lecture myself that I shouldn't spend all day doing this, as I have a life, a dog, job, house and husband to take care.

Can you give me suggestions on how to cope with the addiction? How to live your life and also watch enough ammount of hours of asian dramas we love.

Thank you all!!

Hi,
First and foremost, I urge you to seek professional help. Addiction is no joke.

In regards to wasting time exercising, what I do is put my laptop on an elliptical machine I have at home, and exercise while watching dramas or films.

The problem with addiction is now matter how much you watch, it won't seem to be enough. So if this post is serious, perhaps it would be better to perhaps limit yourself to a certain amount of hours per day dedicated tot drama watching (1 or 2 at most), or simply quit watching Asian Dramas all together. Dramas are not worth ruining s happy life with your husband, dog, job, and house.
I agree with @Skye.  Addiction, no matter what you're addicted to, is serious.  Dramas can be just as powerful as a substance if you let them.

It's been awhile, but I was in a similar situation to yours.  I didn't have any desire to socialize or take care of my life (much less anyone else's).  It was stressful for me (even though all I could feel was the emotional ups and downs of dramas), and it was stressful for those around me.  I gave up all of my favorite hobbies, like reading (for a bookworm, this is huge!), just for dramas.  It wasn't a good place, suffice it to say. 

Then, the highs I experienced began to wane (probably because of so much exposure).  I began to notice the patterns drama writers take, and the cliches that I used to obsess over began to annoy me.  I couldn't find any dramas that were able to outFEEL my favorites, and I was becoming very jaded.

And, probably the most important of all, I realized that there might be a reason why I sought out the addiction with open arms in the first place.  I realized that there were things in my life, about myself and my situation, that I wanted to escape, and dramas were giving me a wonderful place to bury my head in the sand. I realized when I talked to my friends that all I had to talk about in my life was the lives of fictional people I'd never meet.

My solution, which took me months to finally work out, was to commit to myself and my health first.  The energy and optimism I felt from that helped me stay more in control when faced with the option of being productive vs. dramas.  It was like a domino effect.  One change fed into another which fed into another. My advice would be to limit yourself a bit in how many dramas you watch per week or episodes you watch per day.  Yeah, I know.  It's hard...but the dramas aren't going anywhere.  They'll be there whenever you get back.  Maybe just stick with currently airing dramas so that when you finish the most recent episode, you have no choice but to wait?  Dramas are beautiful things, but don't let your health and your life crumble because of them.  If you still find yourself struggling and unable to stay in control, I would talk to someone about it.
Thank you Guys!!!

@Skye I believe I can still come to terms with myself before seeking help, so I'll try my best.

@Dana your account is so much similar to mine because althogh I'm still sooo addicted, I sometimes can't enjoy as  much as I could my favorite type of dramas and then drop them by the end and watch the rest of the episodes after sometime or fast forward some parts so i can get to the end sooner lol

There are some dramas I was crazy to start but I don't because they aren't finished yet and I can handle the anxiety for the episodes to come so I just want to marathon them, but then you gave me a nice idea, maybe I should just start watching them while they're still airing so them I'll learn to be in control again.

Thank you guys so much, it was very helpful to share it with you :)