Oct 2, 2016 12:10 PM
Toots - 255 Posts

I was just wondering if anyone has had trouble with the site dramanice lately. I had been using it for months with no problem, but now when I visit the site my antivirus warns me not to go on the site (because of suspicious activities). Is anybody else having the same problem? Has the site changed somehow recently?

It was my favourite site, but now I'm too scared to use it in case it damages my computer. Does anyone know what's going on?

Oct 2, 2016 01:10 PM
Neyjour - 366 Posts
I just checked the site and nothing virus-related popped up for me.

I'm using the commercial version of Malwarebytes and the free version of avast!  Usually one (or both) of them are pretty good at catching stuff (and giving me a pop-up notification about it).

Just to be sure/safe, you might want to run an in-depth threat scan with all your installed virus/malware/spyware programs.  (It's a good idea to have at least 2 with active protection).  :)

In addition to Malwarebytes and avast!, I also occasionally run scans with HitmanPro and AdwCleaner.

After running your scans, try Dramanice again and let us know if you're still having issues with it.

EDIT: It's also possible that your AV warning might be a false-positive.  I did some Googling and found this (current) article, which you might find helpful:  Virus False Positives: How Can You Be Sure?

There's also a link in the article to "VirusTotal", which can do an online scan of files and websites.  I plugged in the Dramanice URL and the results came back clean (Detection ratio: 0/68)
Oct 3, 2016 02:10 PM
thatseelyah - 1097 Posts
They did add something to the site I think. You can always just watch other sites like kissasian or dramacrazy
Feb 17, 2017 10:02 AM
Roberthebert - 9 Posts
Was the best now the Worst.
Feb 17, 2017 10:02 AM
Naksken - 634 Posts
they've had some problems with other people inserting advertisements into links on their site.  I emailed them about it and they've asked for screenshots which i've sent.  contact them when you get this kind of information, they are always helpful and responsive.

Also @Neyjour is right, make sure you have good up to date antivirus.  I use the paid version of avast, and have been using it in some form (free/paid) for over 12 years.  I've never had malware/spyware or a virus. I also use an adblocker which i think is really necessary for all of these kinds of sites.  quite often malicious stuff is in the ads not the actual site.

About 4 months ago, google started blocking dramanice because they received reports about malware on the site.  I  emailed them and told them i thought it was malicious reporting and cc'd the dramanice folk into the email.  google unblocked them the next day.
Feb 19, 2017 12:02 AM
Naksken - 634 Posts
they've changed their address again.  now they're at dramanices.com