Let's share our ultimate top 5 and help each one of us discover the beauty of these dramas! These are just my own opinions. Share a lil something about the drama to REALLY make us watch it. No Spoilers Please!
1. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - Fun and refreshing! Perfect after finishing a sad, disappointing, or hard-to-forget drama.
2. Healer - This is just perrrrfect.
3. Reply 1994 - I love the characters SO BAD and you can relate to them as well.
4. Queen In Hyun's Man - You will feel the love between In Hyun and her man. For real!
5. Oh My Ghost - This has the cuteness, romance, mystery, and suspense all in one amazing drama!
That's it! Let me know if we have the same faves. Happy watching!
1. Oh My Ghost - Excellent acting by the entire cast, chemistry filled. 9.5/10
2. Healer - Ji Chang Wook. 10/10
3. Ugly Alert - Don't get frightened by the number of episodes, I've yet to come across anyone who regretted completing it. Most people got hooked right from the start! Get ready your tissues though, it's going to be a ride. Best family drama I've ever watch. Awesome female lead too. 9.5/10
4. Another Miss Oh - A very unique and relatable female lead. Great comedy scenes. 9.5/10
5. Pied Piper - Very underrated drama, solid acting by cast. I've never come across a plot like theirs which focused on negotiation team and it was suspenseful. 9.5/10
Very close runner ups : Jealousy Incarnate, Signal, Naked Fireman
Considering how each episode has around 30 mins, you can think of it as a 66 episode long drama if that helps. Regardless, it's still really worth the watch. I've recommended it to plenty and everyone loved it! I've personally rewatched it many times :D
Vacation: An old DB5K four-episode drama that's all sorts of chuckles. I remember there being ahjummas in here and getting a good laugh from them
Tree with Deep Roots: Recommended to me by my Korean professor saying it gives insight to how Hangul was first developed, obviously with fictional elements to create a drama rather than a documentary. I learned a bit of linguistics from it. I'm not big on romance either so it was just enough to reel me in.
Cinderella's Sister: It's not exactly the traditional Cinderella, but you meet a sad girl who grows up through trials and errors and ANGST. Everyone has some kind of story. There's romance. If you like Taecyeon he's here.
Pasta: This is where I fell in love with Gong Hyojin's acting and convincing me she was a chef. It surrounds an Italian cuisine inspire restaurant. Again, not big on romance being everything; it's a career-focused woman where romance just happened to be an adventure that could meld with it.
Futureless Things: A movie, not a drama. It's the different stories of the workers of a convenience store, which is genius because convenience stores are such a staple in South Korea's lifestyle that everyone at some point intersects here. Fair warning it can be kind of trippy.
1. Gap Dong: Definitely my all time fav. Ive never hated and loves the villain that much before, Ive never cried that much in the last episode and just overall there is not one thing I didn't like about it. Reccommended it to many friends, everyone loved it! (Even my teacher)
2. Signal: The Acting and the OST already did the job for me, but then the story was amazing as well. Thrilling until the last episode
3. Secret Garden: A classic that I just can't miss on this list. Its what really brought me into the kdrama world and I still can't stop laughing everytime I see the name Oscar.
4. It's okay that's Love: Story wise this one is the best, I'm just more into thriller/crime dramas. I can't think about any other couple that had such a good chemistry and where every kiss had a meaning.
5.The last one for this list is Liar Game. I still need a season two of this masterpiece. I love it, from ep 1 until the end. I loved all the games and how "real" the drama was kept. It was weird, like watching an actual TV Game Show, where you will have your favs and cheer them on. And, the two main actors were amazing. I love both of them and together it was even better.
Besides that, its dramas like School 2013, I hear your voice and Reply 1997 that I would reccomend everyone to watch, especially School 2013. It was so refreshing not having any love triangles, breakups, everything romantic hehe. Just two friends finding to each other again.