My friend was a big fan of Super Junior so we started watching together a drama named Poseidon. SuJu's Choi Siwon is in it. I don't know if my friend ever watched it all the way till the end but I did. It wasn't a very good drama, but it was my very first one so it's still significant, even tho I can't remember about anything of it :D So that's how I started watching dramas about four and a half years ago (still haven't seen that many) and there has been breaks but I still always get back to them and remember why I like them so much :)

it was due to anime. after a while of obsessive anime watching, i began using a site called crunchyroll, and they had a section of dramas. first i checked out the live actions and japanese dramas, and slowly got into korean dramas, and then the melodramas~ and bang. yes, thats what did it for me and i never went back haha. i think the actress that really got me into dramas was Ueto Aya. i was watching all of her sports dramas like ace wo nerae and attack no.1, then attention please... really though, i'm very thankful to her wonderful acting and the wonderful directed dramas she was in. sometimes i wonder what it would be like if i hadn't discovered her and just had discovered some awful series. and then i think my first korean drama was attic cat and then stairway to heaven. It was after stairway to heaven I got completely hooked. not surprising right? its so beautiful and amazing. so now i switch between phases of being addicted to anime to being addicted to dramas. most times its a craving i get. i'll rewatch a favourite and then watch like 10 other series, and then switch back to anime. its a bit crazy lol. and if im not watching anime or dramas im reading manga. i just love it all. ^_^

When I was on Twitter, there was this time when legend of the blue sea kept trending in my country. I was curious so I decided to see for myself. Aside from teen wolf and how to get away with murder no other American tv shows were interesting for me. Now I entered dramaworld :') Fun fact: I remember watching a Filipino dubbed version of boys over flowers when I was young. I count legend of the blue sea as my first drama. I just watched rush to the dead summer a few months ago. (Which is my first cdrama)

i was introduced to drama other than local (malaysian) drama through my aunts and uncle. they loved watching TVB (hongkong) drama that shown on TV back in early 1990s and i was always with them during school holidays. later, i started to watch on my own at home. hongkong drama lead to jdorama.  i spent most of my free time during high school watching tv and i was scolded a  lot because of that too. haha

i wasnt aware of korean drama till i discovered them when i was in college.  that period was the hardest. finding time to watch drama and studying wasnt an easy task. thanks to the advance technology these days that we get the lastest drama the very next day of airing day, especially with kdrama.

I usually download the english subtitles for hollywood movies and series at this site called subscene.com, and in the home page they usually have the most downloaded subtitles categorized as per movie and tv series with the poster art, and 50% of the time i used to come across some asian series featured in the most popular tv series. This was like 2 years ago, where i came to know that there is this possibility of some quality asian drama content ,almost kind of like an alien discovery for me, because all the quality content i've been witnessing so far has been english movies and tv series. I made a mental note of this, but never minded to explore at that time.

Last August, i think i had just graduated and was having some time off, and as usual had downloaded the happening english tv series at that time, and went to subscene.com for the subtitles, and there once again was some asian content at the most popular tv content, and something buzzed on in my brain to try maybe 2 episodes of some popular drama and give it a try, i was growing tired with the barrage of english tv series, there always was a cultural template at the very least attached to them, so trying some asian dramas could at the very least be a possible departure from that.

Googled for one, initially searched for the movies, but later decided that i wanted something like a tv series to invest my time in, and there it was right off the blocks, My love from another star, i read the synopsis and was hooked right there, realizing the potential of this drama lighting up my short vacation. Downloaded it, five minutes into the first episode, and i was mentally nodding, not bad , not bad at all when compared to the english dramas, and sort of taken aback because the technical and production values on display was on par with the english dramas, which to be honest i did not expect because i had a presumption that the korean dramas wont be having the same budget to play with. 

3 days in, completed it, and was back to normal life experiencing some serious withdrawal symptoms. "God that was good!", was what i was mentally uttering every hour when a scene would splash across my thoughts. Next came Moon Lovers, Lord that set the hooks in deep. Hands off personally the best Kdrama I have ever seen, and had a production value so high that i think only Goblin has managed to emulate out of all the dramas i have seen thus far. This is how i found my latest love to drain the hours of my life. What's your story then?

I blame Skip Beat! luv the manga, the anime was also great and then I heard there was a live action. While it might not be the best adaptation and drama, the concept and good looking cast got me intrigued and drama addicted. I haven't watched Anime in so long now...because of dramas lol

I discovered Tokusatsu first and started watching Super Sentai then I looked up a few of the actors from my favourite seasons and discovered a variety of Japanese dramas. I discovered Chinese drama through Luhan and Kris Wu. I was a big fan of EXO when they were in it. I also love Lays acting in Chinese dramas ????????. I’ve become hooked to Chinese shows recently. 

I used to watch American series before Asian series, my friend gave me some korean series, I didn't even know they are from korea. After a while I finished American series and I was super bored, and I didn't have internet connection at that moment to find American series, so I started to watch My Girl and finished it, after watching 6 episode of coffee prince, I returned to American Series for a while, but then decided to finish Coffee Prince, and after that I get addicted to Korean drama. After a few years I started to watch Chinese and Taiwanese and Thai dramas, last year I started to watch some Turkish drama too, right now I'm only watch Thai and Chinese drama.

In the last few several years, I developed a profound adoration for arthouse (experimental) cinema from either China, Singapore, or Taiwan. It was mid April of this year, and I was attempting to find subtitles for Kaili Blues (Gan Bi, 2015). I found the subtitles on a website that specialized in translating Asian dramas.  At first, I didn't pay any mind to the dramas the website was subbing because as I stated above the only reason I visited the site was due to them having a film I desired to see, as time went on I eventually came to visit the site consistently (daily) because they had a wide variety of arthouse films I wanted to see.  A little less than a month passes by, and I find myself not having any more movies to watch because I already had seen all the films I had on my watch list, so out of pure curiosity I went to the drama section of the website, and starting browsing through the genre categories of the dramas available. I couldn't find any drama that had elements of experimentalism, so I choose a drama whose synopsis I either found interesting, peculiar, or even slightly sardonic. It's currently been five months since I have been watching dramas, and I will continue to do so. 

I also started when I was very young, there's a dubbed korean drama every afternoon on TV that's why we have no choice during that time and we are not yet interested because we usually like cartoons/anime (typical children).  I started to really like it when my roommate introduced to me a very heartbreaking Japanese movie- SKY OF LOVE. *way-back college days*  :D