Today, after realizing that I can't remember the last episode of the recently watched drama, I came with the conclusion that I actually can't remember much from the majority of tv shows I ever watched. Things like how the plot has ended or why I loved the show, I struggle to remember all of it. I guess, taking notes would be a good solution, but it just scares me how I can just forget something that I enjoyed a lot or even something that has left a huge impact on me. I remember it was special, I can't remember why...Am I the only one that struggles with this?

Doesn't happen to me. Maybe the dramas weren't that great if you can't remember them.
Yeah, I haven't noticed that, either. I watched a lot of shows and I had a problem with remembering the plot of only one of them. It actually makes it kind of annoying because I'm rarely enjoying watching a drama for the second time. I was pleasantly surprised when I forgot some minor details from That's Ok, It's Love and watched it again this summer. 

All of us are different. Not everyone needs to remember details from the dramas. If it bothers you, I guess you could take notes. If not, just watch shows and enjoy the ride ;)
I also experience that sometimes, but I guess it's because I move on pretty quickly between the dramas and tv series that I watch and don't ponder too much on them. One thing that definitely helped me is taking some quick notes and I've realised that after I finish a drama if I go back and try to recall everything that happened, it helps me to remember the story pretty well even after a long time.

And don't worry if you don't remember much of the story, even if it's something you throughly enjoyed. Some things might not stick with you, but I've realised that even if you think you forgot something, your brain still recalls those memories. I mean, try to watch a drama a second time and you'll see that you still are able to come up with what happens next, even though you think you've forgotten all about it. 

And even so, if there's one thing that you'll never forget about the things you've seen is how they made you feel, and I think that's what's the most important after all :)
Amelia - I have the same problem, and so does my husband.  I don't know if it's because we're getting older, or if it's just information overload (we watch way-way-way more movies/series in the past few years than we ever have before), or some combination of the two...

It doesn't really bother me too much with Asian dramas, since they rarely have multiple seasons.  But when it comes to English-language TV series (from America, the UK, etc.) with multiple seasons, stretched out over years, it really annoys us to death.  If I can't find a detailed video recap of the previous season, we spend the first 2-3 episodes of the current season just trying to remember what happened before, who some of the characters are, etc., etc., and can't really focus and concentrate on what's actually going on with the episodes we're watching.  :(

What we've started doing (if I can't find a good recap video), is to watch the entire last episode of the previous season to help trigger our memories.  And in some cases, we'll even marathon the entire previous season before jumping straight into the current one.

It's truly annoying... especially since we're currently following 29 English-language TV series, and watching several Asian dramas simultaneously.
I forget details once I've watched something.  I remember the feeling i had when i watched it and I can tell you who is in it, but when it comes to details, I'm out. (not on purpose)
I don't remember every little thing in every episode but I remember highlights.  If it's been a long time then I do forget a lot...
@ Naksken, the feeling of the drama is what matters most, though. Sometimes I re-watch dramas after some time to see if they were actually good or I just felt like I liked them :D  I was surprised in some cases, although not in most ;)

actually I forget some of the actors and actresses in dramas I've watched a few years ago, especially if they have a common face or I only watched them once/twice - now I don't mean the main characters but background/supporting characters...

ohhh, that is normal for many people, so don't think much about it) 

Yes, I struggle with this too.

Sometimes I watch a movie and near the end I realize that I had already watched it lol.  

I also forget the details rather quickly. I remember main actors, a basic plot, and whether or not I liked it (or the feelings I had as someone else also said), but I can't even remember finer details from the beginning of the series by the time I reach the end if I watch it as it airs. I also juggle several shows at a time and move on quickly to a new show as soon as one ends. 

the same thing happens to me. usually i can remember the overall plot and my feelings i had while watching it, but i can't ever remember details unless they're major to the plot.  (tbh i can't even remember the names of the leads for my favorite dramas!! this may be more about the language barrier though)

i think it just comes from how many things we watch and read everyday and because we are putting so much information in our brains, they just decide to get rid of the majority of the little details since they're not needed. but once we rewatch, we can slowly remember things again because it is needed and our brains can make the connections again. but if we wait too long to rewatch things, our brain completely forgets the details and we can experience the drama or book or whatever it is almost completely like the first time. 

i think it's really interesting but at the same time, i wish i could tell people more in detail about the things i love and tell them what made me love it without having to rewatch it and without be vague lol

I am a senior (elder) and I struggle a LOT. I have the same problem with American and British series and pretty much stopped watching American series because I forget, not only episode to episode in a week sometimes, but year to year is impossible.  With Korean dramas I NEVER remember the character's Korean names (maybe the leads) and I have go back to an old drama's summary to try to remember what it was about or how much I liked it- sometimes even  a few weeks later. I watch a lot but this still makes me feel like I am becoming a dementia patient- such a cliche on Korean dramas!

it's so weird that you bring it up.  I just recently think i crossed a threshold of having watched too many in too short a timespan or something!  What i find is that it isn't dramas, but movies that I am more foggy about.     On a few dramas I couldn't remember how they ended!! (maybe that is telling me something right there!)  I usually don't mind if i don't remember some details...if I gave it a high rating, it gives me a reason to rewatch if it has my favorite star in it.   LOL   I don't usually make spare time for rewatches though.