I am a teacher of Swedish as a second language. I’m thinking about adding “Swedish music” as a new feature in my Friday afternoon classes, that are supposed to be a bit “lighter”, more fun, than the rest of the week.

However, right now I have a group of new students and they are absolute beginners. Some of them already know some Swedish but not a lot. Soon they will be able to understand more but I’m thinking that right now it’s good to provide some translations when possible. (Some but not all of them speak English.) 

So, I’m here asking for help from native or fluent speakers of the following languages: Arabic, Turkish, Albanian, Thai, Tigrinja, Sorani, Kurmanji, Greek, Somali, Chinese.

I would like a translation of these phrases:

A famous Swedish song.

The Swedish anthem.

A lovesong.

A song for children.

A folk song. 

An old song.

A sad song.

It was written by.... in …. . It is (was) sung by …..

And if you have even more time to spare, also this sentence:

The Swedish anthem is about the beauty of the country and about the freedom we have here, far up in the northern part of the world.

I hope this is not too much to ask for! Please make space between the paragraphs (as above) so that I don’t mix up which translation goes with which phrase! (Also, if you read this and happen to speak a language not mentioned above, feel free to give me your translations anyway! I might get students who speak your language in the future.) THANK YOU! 

Hessa Volunteer Staff

In Arabic (Arabic in read from right-to-left. I did not include the dots cause MDL shows them in the beginning of the sentence; on the right):

أغنية سويدية مشهورة

النشيد الوطني السويدي

أغنية عشق or أغنية حب

أغنية للأطفال

أغنية فولكلورية

أغنية قديمة

أغنية حزينة

تمّ تأليفها من قِبل ؟؟؟ في ؟؟؟ وهي بغناء ؟؟؟

يتحدّث النشيد الوطني السويدي عن جَمال الدولة وعن الحريّة التي نتمتّع بها هنا، بعيداً في الجزء الشمالي للعالم

You didn't mention Persian, but since you said maybe you need it in future, I write persian translation of them. Like Arabic, Persian is from right to left:

آهنگ سوئدی معروف

سرود ملی سوئد

آهنگ عاشقانه

آهنگ برای کودکان

آهنگ محلی

آهنگ قدیمی

آهنگ غمگین

شاعر؟ در  ؟  خواننده؟

سرود ملی سوئد در مورد زیبایی های کشور و آزادی که در این کشور داریم است، در شمالی ترین نقطه دنیا

Hessa:

In Arabic (Arabic in read from right-to-left. I did not include the dots cause MDL shows them in the beginning of the sentence; on the right):

أغنية سويدية مشهورة

النشيد الوطني السويدي

أغنية عشق or أغنية حب

أغنية للأطفال

أغنية فولكلورية

أغنية قديمة

أغنية حزينة

تمّ تأليفها من قِبل ؟؟؟ في ؟؟؟ وهي بغناء ؟؟؟

يتحدّث النشيد الوطني السويدي عن جَمال الدولة وعن الحريّة التي نتمتّع بها هنا، بعيداً في الجزء الشمالي للعالم

off topic but I must ask - is it just me or these letters are too tiny? T_T can't distinguish them at all.  I actually wanted to start learning Arabic.

It is Turkish translate:

A famous Swedish song. ( Ünlü bir İsveç şarkısı.)

The Swedish anthem. ( İsveç ulusal marşı.)

A lovesong. ( Bir aşk şarkısı.)

A song for children. ( Çocuklar için bir şarkı.)

A folk song.  ( Bir halk müziği şarkısı.)

An old song. ( Eski bir şarkı.)

A sad song. ( Hüzünlü bir şarkı.)

It was written by.... in …. . It is (was) sung by ….. ( ..... tarafından ...... tarihinde yazıldı. ........ tarafından söylendi.)

The Swedish anthem is about the beauty of the country and about the freedom we have here, far up in the northern part of the world. (İsveç ulusal marşı ülkemizin güzelliği ve bu ülkede sahip olduğumuz özgürlük hakkında, dünyanın kuzey bölgesinde çok uzaklarda.) 

ş is pronounced as shi

ç is pronounced as chi

I'm a native Turkish speaker. 

A famous Swedish song. = meşhur bir İsveç şarkısı

The Swedish anthem. = İsveç milli marşı

A lovesong. = aşk şarkısı

A song for children. = çocuk şarkısı

A folk song.  = halk şarkısı

An old song. = eski bir şarkı

A sad song. = hüzünlü bir şarkı

It was written by.... in …. . It is (was) sung by ….. = (writer name) tarafından (year)'da yazılıp (singer name) tarafından söylenmektedir/söylenmiştir (present/past).

The Swedish anthem is about the beauty of the country and about the freedom we have here, far up in the northern part of the world.  =

İsveç milli marşı ülkemizin güzelliklerini ve dünyanın bu öte kuzey yanında sahip olduğumuz özgürlükleri anlatır.

Well I forgot to refresh the page and someone beat me to it lol :)

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Ceki:

off topic but I must ask - is it just me or these letters are too tiny? T_T can't distinguish them at all.  I actually wanted to start learning Arabic.

lol! To me it looks normal since I'm used to it. Maybe if you don't know the language it seems weird or small.

In Albanian:

Një këngë e famshme suedeze

Himni suedez

Një këngë dashurie

Një këngë për fëmijë

Një këngë folklorike (popullore)

Një këngë e vjeter

Një këngë e trishtuar

Shkruar nga....... në vitin........ kënduar nga.....

Himni suedez flet për bukurinë e vendit dhe për lirinë që ne kemi këtu, në pjesën më veriore të botës.

In Greek

Ένα διάσημο Σουηδικό τραγούδι.

Ο Σουηδικός εθνικός ύμνος.

Ένα ερωτικό τραγούδι.

Ένα παιδικό τραγούδι.

Ένα παραδοσιακό τραγούδι.

Ένα παλιό τραγούδι.

Ένα λυπητερό τραγούδι.

Το έγραψε ο (male)/η (female).... το …. . Το τραγουδάει (present tense)/τραγούδησε (past tense) o (male)/η (female) ....

Ο Σουηδικός εθνικός ύμνος μιλάει για την ομορφιά της χώρας και για την ελευθερία που έχουμε εδώ πάνω, στο βορειότερο κομμάτι του κόσμου.

Thank you all! You have been very helpful! <3

A famous Swedish song. 

瑞典的著名歌

The Swedish anthem.

瑞典国歌

A lovesong.

爱情歌

A song for children.

儿童歌

A folk song.

民歌 

An old song.

?古典歌 

?旧歌

A sad song.

悲伤的歌

It was written by.... in …. . It is (was) sung by …..

作曲 (written)

演唱 (sung)

And if you have even more time to spare, also this sentence:

The Swedish anthem is about the beauty of the country and about the freedom we have here, far up in the northern part of the world.

瑞典国歌表达我国在世界极限北方的魅力和自由。(this is not grammatically correct but they will understand) 

Bumping this thread to ask if anyone would like to translate these phrases to:

Thai

Somali

Bosnian

Please? :)