The RANT Thread Part Deux: Back with a vengeance

This discussion has been closed.

Arrrrrrgggghhhh i really thought this year is my year buuut Nooooo still unemployed and its driving me nutttsss. And i am sick of looking at everyone all happy behind their desk at work and worst of all im sick of seeing pictures on fb of people at work with their uniform and having fun at lunch...
Hugz_4_mE wrote: Arrrrrrgggghhhh i really thought this year is my year buuut Nooooo still unemployed and its driving me nutttsss. And i am sick of looking at everyone all happy behind their desk at work and worst of all im sick of seeing pictures on fb of people at work with their uniform and having fun at lunch...

I feel the same way. I've been trying to get a job for what feels like forever. I seriously hate this economy.
CheerfulSoul wrote: You're both right, there's a huge difference between a psychiatrist who study in med school then take Psychiatry as a major and a psychologist who study for three years at best. Furthermore, Psychiatrists are doctors who deal with medical treatment of mental health disorders while psychologists deal with behavior issues.

Psychologists also deal with mental health disorders and don't just focus on behavior issues. It mainly depends on the type of psychologist you want to be. For example, there's a big difference between a clinical psychologist and a counseling psychologist. Also, those who go to grad school for their doctorate (which is about 5-7 years depending on the person/program) are also considered doctors, they just don't write prescriptions. Like psychiatrists, they also have to complete an internship and get board certified.
We were asked today: "Why do you want to become a doctor? Exclude the money and answer"
, I was worried what would my colleagues and friends' answer be, everything started to sound so serious and the professor demanded answers and I was dazzled by their answers! Some of them:

"I want to become a doctor because I want to become the top surgeon"
"Because I want to lead my country to the best medical countries in the world"
"Because we only have intelligence in our country and that's how I will use it"
"Because my mother died because of a medical mistake and I don't want it to happen to anyone else"
"Because being a doctor is like being an angel to patients"
"Because I saw a medical show and I knew that it was my place"
"Because psychiatry and curing people's mental problems is my dream"
" Because I saw a child that had cancer and I decided to follow this path"
"Because I was saved by a doctor before and now I can only repay him by saving more lives"

And more stunning answers that left me speechless, I was reluctant about saying my reason, I felt ridiculous in front of them, I felt small but I said it anyway: " I wanted to become a doctor because I have this strange obsession with blood, not in a psychological way but that's the main reason I came here even though it changed after four years", the professor said "You should've lied like everyone else, being honest in these situations isn't the right choice" I was dumbfounded! They were lying and he knew it?! What did I miss?
I asked my friends later :"All those pretty answers were lies?!!" they said "Of course they were, you believed them stupid? Who wants to become a doctor because of those idiotic reasons? We're all here because our parents want us to, money, pride, the name of the university, marrying another doctor and that's about it! You want to become a doctor because of what? Blood? Vampire did you really think he wants to hear our sincere answers? If he did then he should've done anonymously, he's one of us! That professor wants to hear beautiful answers and he doesn't even care why we are here as long as he get paid to teach us, so go home vampire, this is not the place to be honest"

Okay, my rant: I had better professors than him, professors that do surgeries for free and not some idiotic material professor who wants to hear crappy answers from stupid material students like you! I wish you will all fail! What? A vampire? At least I am honest, I never mislead people like you! I can't believe that those beautiful words came from badmouthed people like you, I bet you prepared it beforehand, I am totally hating the whole class now along with this new professor, I hope he disappears for good! I am totally not in the mood to go to school tomorrow, it's full of beautiful people on the outside but sick on the inside :(
I've ranted about this before and I know it is so stupid and petty compared to all you guys... (CheerfulSoul I read yours... omg what a horrible experience)

but

I HATE SPOILERS. SPOILERS. SPOILERS ARRRGHH

When I'm enjoying a drama I try not to check the page on MDL because I have had many experiences of people not marking it as a spoiler and ruining the drama... but I found a drama I'm enjoying so much at the moment and I checked the page because I wanted to look up an actor in it...

and noooooo someone comments "she chose the wrong guy. she should've ended up with the one who .... (insert the spoiling comment here)"

ARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

HOW CAN YOU NOT REALIZE THAT, THAT SAYING WHAT HE DID MAKES IT BLATANTLY A SPOILER...

Finally I find a drama that's got me hooked... -__- and it's ruined. Please, please, please to anyone that reads this... don't post any comments that can ruin a drama :'( it's not fair on anyone :(

==== end of petty rant ====
CheerfulSoul wrote: We were asked today: "Why do you want to become a doctor? Exclude the money and answer"
, I was worried what would my colleagues and friends' answer be, everything started to sound so serious and the professor demanded answers and I was dazzled by their answers! Some of them:

"I want to become a doctor because I want to become the top surgeon"
"Because I want to lead my country to the best medical countries in the world"
"Because we only have intelligence in our country and that's how I will use it"
"Because my mother died because of a medical mistake and I don't want it to happen to anyone else"
"Because being a doctor is like being an angel to patients"
"Because I saw a medical show and I knew that it was my place"
"Because psychiatry and curing people's mental problems is my dream"
" Because I saw a child that had cancer and I decided to follow this path"
"Because I was saved by a doctor before and now I can only repay him by saving more lives"

And more stunning answers that left me speechless, I was reluctant about saying my reason, I felt ridiculous in front of them, I felt small but I said it anyway: " I wanted to become a doctor because I have this strange obsession with blood, not in a psychological way but that's the main reason I came here even though it changed after four years", the professor said "You should've lied like everyone else, being honest in these situations isn't the right choice" I was dumbfounded! They were lying and he knew it?! What did I miss?
I asked my friends later :"All those pretty answers were lies?!!" they said "Of course they were, you believed them stupid? Who wants to become a doctor because of those idiotic reasons? We're all here because our parents want us to, money, pride, the name of the university, marrying another doctor and that's about it! You want to become a doctor because of what? Blood? Vampire did you really think he wants to hear our sincere answers? If he did then he should've done anonymously, he's one of us! That professor wants to hear beautiful answers and he doesn't even care why we are here as long as he get paid to teach us, so go home vampire, this is not the place to be honest"

Okay, my rant: I had better professors than him, professors that do surgeries for free and not some idiotic material professor who wants to hear crappy answers from stupid material students like you! I wish you will all fail! What? A vampire? At least I am honest, I never mislead people like you! I can't believe that those beautiful words came from badmouthed people like you, I bet you prepared it beforehand, I am totally hating the whole class now along with this new professor, I hope he disappears for good! I am totally not in the mood to go to school tomorrow, it's full of beautiful people on the outside but sick on the inside :(

Oh My, I feel you, I had some colleagues like that but not the whole class. I am sorry to hear that you went through that CS :(

But calling you a vampire isn't a bad idea after all :p

dramahearts wrote:

I HATE SPOILERS. SPOILERS. SPOILERS ARRRGHH

When I'm enjoying a drama I try not to check the page on MDL because I have had many experiences of people not marking it as a spoiler and ruining the drama... but I found a drama I'm enjoying so much at the moment and I checked the page because I wanted to look up an actor in it...

and noooooo someone comments "she chose the wrong guy. she should've ended up with the one who .... (insert the spoiling comment here)"

ARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

HOW CAN YOU NOT REALIZE THAT, THAT SAYING WHAT HE DID MAKES IT BLATANTLY A SPOILER...

Finally I find a drama that's got me hooked... -__- and it's ruined. Please, please, please to anyone that reads this... don't post any comments that can ruin a drama :'( it's not fair on anyone :(

==== end of petty rant ====

Agree, I was planning to watch a drama but then I dropped it because someone told me the ending ><
Oh I hate people dissing the "pretty boys" of Asian dramas and films. They're pretty, get over yourselves. Some women prefer these pretty looking guys over big hulk-sized guys. I know I'd rather Lee Joon over Daniel Craig any time! I also believe that when women or men dis these guys they are jealous of their looks. I mean I am just sick and tired of people complaining about them. I get it, you don't like the "girly" look. Move on.
Step brothers who come back to live at home after they turn 30 saying that they will only be there for a few weeks until they find a place, then tells some one else that they are going to stay for God knows how long. Eats all the food in the house, his dog chews every thing, ruined the garden, slobbers all over, then the step brother claims that his dog does no damage and does not understand why we are always yelling about it. He goes out all night and comes home reeking of alcohol. There is me and 2 other kid-ish people living in my house young enough to still need the shelter of a home and yet right on the verge of adulthood. I am already an introvert, aren't most of us?, but my friends were able to tell that i was getting more and more depressed. I hate it when he is around me. All he does is take and complain and he never shuts up!!!!! He blames every one else but himself for his problems. I sleep in a finished attic and his room was right next to mine so he had to walk through my room to get to his. the bathroom was in MY room so he had to go into my room to get to his and use the restroom (i know what you are thinking: Waaaayyyy too much info, sorry). it was awkward. thankfully all the built up tension was let out. He threatened to punch my dad when he came home drunk, so my dad kicked him out, and we have not heard from him since. Thanks for letting my rant. i dont know why i did not come here sooner, but thanks for listening. i think i will go have a nice hard cry now.
No one deserves rape, even characters in a drama that one doesn't like. It bothers me immensely that people can just outrightly say that rape is okay because a character's other actions. Think about it in real life. Would you subject your worst enemy to such a violent course of events? Rape is a violation and should be treated as such and not as a punishment. I'm really ashamed to hear my fellow dramawatchers justify a rape culture.
Noooo! NOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOO! WHY INTERNET?! WHY?! I HAD THE PERFECT POST AND YOU JUST HAD TO FREEZE MY COMPUTER! I couldn't save you...I was so close....I couldn't.... I HATE COMPUTERS! Or well, LAPTOPS! CURSE YOU! CURSE YOU EVIL COMPUTER! *sobs at loss* Seriously guys it was my most genius piece ever and IT F'ING FROZE D< Now I have o muse to write. I knew I should have made a word document for it. I knew it, but did I listen to myself? NO! *sobs more* I am going to go read yaoi now in mourning.
Ok, this will probably be petty, but woot for frustration relief. Hey, person who keeps finding my posts on the forum games and making damn sure to make a snide remark, effectively destroying the game because you refuse to play, I'm tired of your nonsense. I don't know what I've done to upset you, and at the beginning I actually worried and wanted to apologize if I had somehow offended you, but at this point all I want is for you to knock the childish trolling bullsh*& off. I'm really good at ignoring you, and I'll just re-post after you and make sure everyone knows you're ruining the game for kicks with a few well placed innocent seeming words, but it's getting old really fast. I also thought I was the only one, but apparently, even though I haven't mentioned you previously to my other MDL friends, others known of your douchbaggery and don't find it amusing nor worth while. This is the only rant I'll make because of you, but it felt good to get it off my mind. Also, this one is selfish, but people really need to stop continuously insulting a character in a drama that I like to me. haha Because logically I know I have no justifiable reason to be upset, but I get defensive, and I know I can't be rude back because it's childish of me. So, respect different views and stop trying to change mine. Give me reasons, explain where you're coming from, but stop saying I'm "wrong". Third childish rant of the day, hey, neighbor next to my apartment. Stop freaking asking if I can watch your kid for you every damn day. Once or twice in fine, I understand that life happens and right now I'm confined to being inside, so it's a perfect fit from your perspective, but damn it my foot is broken and I can't run around making sure your hell child doesn't get into anything. It's also been 7 times in the last week and a half, and twice you were late by two hours with no phone call. I don't play these games, and I certainly am not close enough to you to just let it go. Only family and friends get a few passes for situations like that, and even then they need a good excuse. So today I refused to help and you had the audacity to call me rude and selfish!! I think that if my boyfriend wasn't beside me it would have been a throw down in the middle of the hallway, and my foot would not have stopped me from inflicting damage. Also, do not think that playing loud music is going to give you an easy win. The mom of the actually adorable kid downstairs already informed the land lord and now it's two against one. ^.^ Also, boyfriend, don't think that I don't know that you ate the last of the cookies my room-mate made. I know. It's just information I'll keep for later. This is a really awesome thread! <3
aaaargh! you profile editor!! even though you say it's wysiwyg I still have random bits of code to delete once I save and view my profile. and guess what added all those random bits of code? you did! my code was nice and clean while viewing the source, but when i try to edit in wysiwyg mode you decide you hate me and add extra code where there was none! so i've spent the last few hours finishing up pictures and code for my profile redesign and when i stick it in there I still have to fix it! i am rage quitting for the night!

Akumi wrote: Hey, person who keeps finding my posts on the forum games and making damn sure to make a snide remark, effectively destroying the game because you refuse to play, I'm tired of your nonsense.

haha I think I know who you mean! just when i write them off as a complete troll they prove to be human after all! Just take a deep breath and let it go, because that's a lot easier/less stressful than causing a nasty fight over it :)
yankumicho wrote: No one deserves rape, even characters in a drama that one doesn't like. It bothers me immensely that people can just outrightly say that rape is okay because a character's other actions. Think about it in real life. Would you subject your worst enemy to such a violent course of events? Rape is a violation and should be treated as such and not as a punishment. I'm really ashamed to hear my fellow dramawatchers justify a rape culture.

Hmmm, maybe because it's a DRAMA? Not in real life? Because a person's opinion can change from a fictional thing to a real thing. Just saying.

My rant: Can I have one day of peace in my life? Just one day where nothing much happen. I know it's impossible but there's nothing wrong with wishing.
I am getting tired of Kdramas. That's all anyone subs anymore. Now with Dramacrazy gone, where am I going to watch an immense database of Japanese dramas? I know the other site similar to Dramacrazy has some, but now it's taken over with Korean ones because I am sure the subbers moved on to it and it seems that majority of subbers jsut translate Korean dramas. I guess I should be happy to be able to watch the amount of Jdramas there are, but I swear I've watched all of them. Oh well. Maybe someday someone will be wise enough to make a drama site for Japanese drama.
fadedjade wrote: I am getting tired of Kdramas. That's all anyone subs anymore. Now with Dramacrazy gone, where am I going to watch an immense database of Japanese dramas? I know the other site similar to Dramacrazy has some, but now it's taken over with Korean ones because I am sure the subbers moved on to it and it seems that majority of subbers jsut translate Korean dramas.

I guess I should be happy to be able to watch the amount of Jdramas there are, but I swear I've watched all of them. Oh well. Maybe someday someone will be wise enough to make a drama site for Japanese drama.

Maybe you'll find it here Let's share links!