Ha! Han needs to see this!
Glad that you're having fun RF! :D Hahaha Han really does need to see it :p
RainFlower wrote:

I took this when i was walking to chinatown today on my old phone. Still hvnt figured out how to get pics on my new phone onto my laptop -i can hear you all collectively groaning at my ineptitude

ROFL!!! I love that! lol Han needs to make that her avi!
Han's....always appetizing hahahaha
ok embarrassing confession time i had to set my phone to USB mode for it to upload the photos to my laptop how did this oversight happen...? I have no idea :p heres some pics..

yes it is a giant ship on top of three tall buildings lol
I need some IT help (whats new!) I will log onto IRC later & hopefully Lis can assist :D

RainFlower wrote: ok embarrassing confession time i had to set my phone to USB mode for it to upload the photos to my laptop how did this oversight happen...? I have no idea :p heres some pics..

yes it is a giant ship on top of three tall buildings lol

wow RF!...that's unnatural, ask them to put the ship where it belongs lol...anywhoo you seem to be having fun..how long are you there? when do you fly to Malaysia?
Hey RF,
what is there to do in Singapore? Any spectacular things you've done?
The weathers been terrible makes it difficult to be out & about. I have been enjoying my "nice" hotel when i move to a cheaper hotel tomorrow I guess i will spend more time out lol
Im gonna go on the Flyer its like the London Eye - A giant ferris wheel thingy & also go on a night safari my eyesights not too good hope i dont get eaten by a tiger or sumfink :p

Im not really into shopping & thats a BIG thing here malls left right & centre

Im gonna stay here till end of week then head to Malaysia I think
I just double posted and I'm waaayyy too tired to feel sorry about this. Apparently not too tired to edit though.

anyway Rainflower...I'm looking forward to more pics ...and stories about the food.
Wow RF...Just..Wow. The three buildings with the ship? incredible. The second pic up there of the city view reminds me of Chicago just a bit. Have you made any friends yet?

btw..How is the food there? I'm very curious about the food for some reason.
RF I love those pics. Especially that one with the ship. That's so cool

I second Jeanie's question. I've heard the Singapore has a lot of different cultures that live there I was wondering if there is a mash-up of different types of food.
Those pics look great!

When are you going to be around? We are no longer 5 hours apart...lol
Sleep & Jeanie to answer ur questions about culture /foood yes there is a mix of people if here very diverse. I was at a train station today & the food choices were Starbucks, Burger King (lol), Japanese, Korean(!), Indian & Chinese. & before u ask i was boring & had a sandwich from starbucks :)

I also saw restaurant couple of days ago which does that table sizzling cook ur own meat the way they show in the K-dramas im not a big meat eater so gave it a miss :p

Also although its not a muslim country like Malaysia, a lot of places do say the food is halaal.

When I go to Little India I cant wait to try the food to see if it lives up to my expectations.

Oh & theres loads of 7/11 stores everywhere here & they have instant noodle/ramen bars at most.

I meet random people half the time i cant tell what ethnicity they are i was chatting to my travel agent & i thought he was Singaporean turns out hes Indonesian. Most of the people at the hotel are business corporates types usually Aussie/America or German.

Oh I only saw one African woman in my time here most people here are either white/caucasian looking, South Asian/Indian or Asian/Chinese