Haha Cool! Sounds like you have a lot to choose from foodwise. Another question I would put forth is one I always wonder about. Sanitation? I don't want to be eating at a jacked up nasty restaurant. Do they have a sort of sanitation grade thing like in the US? That way you'll know which place is safe to eat and which place is grody.
oh sanitation wise singapore is spotless they are big on that u can get fined for littering & gum is outlawed or something close to it here haha
RainFlower wrote: oh sanitation wise singapore is spotless they are big on that u can get fined for littering & gum is outlawed or something close to it here haha

Haha Thanks! that's good to know.
I've been a little busy lately and haven't been able to frequent the forums.

So .....um....wow. RF, how did this happen????

I had no idea you were going to Singapore, or that you even wanted to. How long are you staying there for???

From what I've read so far, you seem to be having a fairly decent time, but weather seems to be an issue. I wonder if that's normal weather for Singapore or if you just happened to pick a particularly rainy season. Oh, how I wish I was in your shoes right now. Traveling is something I really want to do in life.

Btw, that ship eerily placed on those buildings is cool and scary at the same time. It seems to me like a gust of wind could blow it right over, crushing thousands of people (I realize this is an unlikely scenario). Cool though.

:D I'm glad to see you enjoying yourself.
Those pics are great RF! And ohh Singapore sounds very diverse and great, it sounds like a good place to travel to :D Glad you're having a good time! (:

Haha I'm with msrules, that boat kinda does seem scary at that thought if it'd fall over. Although if it's been there for a long time it's probably doubtful it'd fall over but still gives you that sort of paranoia haha
RF! glad you're having a good time.. keep the pics and story coming.. :)
RainFlower wrote: oh sanitation wise singapore is spotless they are big on that u can get fined for littering & gum is outlawed or something close to it here haha

I heard about the gum chewing being outlawed...why did I think that was the phillipines? Are you heading elsewhere soon? Let us know your favorite thing about Singapore so far!

Have fun Rain!
Ok so I am now in Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur to be exact can see the KL tower from my room window - will update when have returned from exploring today.

BTW i have some pics to upload of Singapore Arab district.
jeanie65jh wrote: Dooo eeet!

Seconded!
Hope you have fun in Malaysia and better luck with the weather! :D Can't wait for pics! (:
Now I am curious about your scream in the Rant thread. How is Malaysia? I hope you are still able to get out even with all the stinkin' rain. Are you able to find a place to explore? A Place to have a good meal? A good place to drink and people watch? <3 Post pics when you can...even if they are Rainy Pics!
ok this is from the Arab district in singapore pics of amosque i passed...

no doubt there will be more mosques/temples etc to see in Malaysia, although the best mosques i have see so far were in Istanbul.
this interesting mural was painted on the side of a restaurant called niegro something i forget lol

this unusual building is not leaning over thats just me not able to take pics very well, its kind of art deco style it looked better from the other side this is the back view but i cldnt get the whol building in from the front side cos the street was too narrow

view from my "nice" hotel room lol

and finally how could i resist..... for all cake lovers out there I had to restrain myself from just diving in :p

I did walk around the indian district in Malaysia yesterday but felt a bit wary of getting my camera out & taking pics i was getting strange looks as it was probably cos all the sari/indian clothes shops had bollywood music blaring out whcih made me grin like a buffoon :)

Going on a city tour this avo so prolly should get some good pics then .....laterz