Do you think your choice of fashion has been influenced by your drama addiction? I realized that since I started watching dramas I've been really into the "fresh, dewy face" look which has lead me to try a ton of foundations and skincare products, hehe.

Has anyone else noticed a change in what they think is cute or have you been inspired by a look you've seen in a drama?
In dramas, the female leads usually have the Chinese style hair cut: http://lh5.ggpht.com/-g8mqtjnkl7k/TQzw-xCBIuI/AAAAAAAAAAA/APWBlqzCuWQ/s400/pear%2Bhair%2Brinka.jpg
Lately I'm thinking about getting a hair cut like the one above :P My hair reaches till the waist and since it is so hot here, it is very uncomfortable. Moreover, I have got split ends so anyway I need to cut it.
-
Wahh That Hair is Really Cute ^-^

But Yeah, I've been Influenced by Korean Fashions. I really like the style they have in dramas.
@Rika-chan
That's so cute rika! I think it depends on the shape of your face, but the cut is definitely adorable. I like the length in that picture and how there are a few layers that curl at the end, to

@rawr6127
I've never seen a Korean drama. What kinds of looks do they have?
But who else think that in dramas (especially K-dramas), some actors have weird and funny dressing style? I haven't watched many dramas, but the ones I have watched...there are always one or two actors who look kinda funny because of their dresses no matter how much of an eye candy they are. Like I recently finished 'Personal Taste' and in that, Kim Ji Suk wore a black coat and red pants in one of the episodes! I was like 'WTH he is wearing?' I mean, black coat and red pants!? Similarly in Full House, Rain (not talking about Skye here :P) wore clothes which made him look like he is from the 80's. LOL. Sorry if I have gone off-topic.
[QUOTE=Kawaikochan;2232]@Rika-chan
That's so cute rika! I think it depends on the shape of your face, but the cut is definitely adorable. I like the length in that picture and how there are a few layers that curl at the end, to

Yeah, I found it in Google when I typed 'Chinese hair cut' :P Even I like that style. It also looks anime-ish xD
Nifffliemia wrote: But who else think that in dramas (especially K-dramas), some actors have weird and funny dressing style?

I have noticed this, too, lol. In Jdramas there is always a girl who looks like she fell into some else's closet and came out covered in mismatched clothes that are too big.
actually i tried to get my hair cut to look like Amemiya's in Hotaru no Hikari. but i have stupid hair, it never does what i want, i have cowlicks in the worst places. and it's fine but i have a ton of it which i'm told is similar to typical asian hair. i never can get a cut or style that i like because my hair is just so uncooperative it never turns out looking the way it's supposed to, or i can't get it to look the way the stylist did the first day. i get frustrated with it a lot. so i started thinking maybe instead of fighting it and going with western styles i should try a more asian style, and i really liked the character's hair, and it's parted where my cowlick is in the front so it was worth a shot. and it works!!! i need to straighten the bangs now and then or they do this funky spiral curl thing but otherwise it's great i don't have to fight it at all. i can straighten it all over if i want or i can leave it wavy (straight looks better but wavy isn't horrible)

other than that not really, sometimes i see an outfit i like but for the most part i don't get some of the fashions. like one piece jumpers and blouses with puffy sleeves.. bleh plus Japan started the whole style of leggings with long shirts and tall boots that everyone and their grandmother is trying to pull off. sometimes it looks cute but most of the time not so much
Well...back in 2008 (when i started to watch drama with Hana Kimi) I cut my hair like Maki Horikita had in Hana Kimi XDD I eventually ended up to grow it longer since it was a pain in the ass to straighten it every morning and put masses of hair spray/wax and back comb it to stay the way i wanted..it still didn't stay D:::

But yeah that's about hair. Now clothes...

I like the way they dresses up in korea (kpop groups+drama) so i'm kinda trying to take some inspirations from their clothes/styles but it's difficult since there are no clothes like that in finland + i can't order from yesstyle D::

And what comes to my personality/lag at home look; i look like a combination between Amemiya Hotaru and Park Gae In XDDD
i loved ueto aya's trampy style in nagareboshi as weird as that sound. lol. i loved the shorts with knee high boots. i thought it was sexy. unfortunately i live in a tropical country and boots don't really have a place here. i have no choice but to wear my shorts with flip flops.

i also loved amemiya work dresses in hotaru no hikari. to me they were kinda flirty and girly which aren't like me at all but i did buy a few dresses like hers online not because of her, cuz i saw them and thought they were cute. after the fact i realised they were pretty much the same style.
i really like french and fish braids , i also like other hair styles in korean dramas :)i once youtube asian hairstyles and i got soo many of them :) ... talking about getting a hair cut :( i have thick hair upto my elbow .. i might get a hair cut today but its soo hard to find an open nearby barber shop on a monday ... i have layers on the front and straight cut on the back .. so i am thinking of going all layers and short bangs but not too short :D ... it might makes my hair looks thin but change is good ...front bangs style in the pic which rika shared cant suit ANYONE..
segeda wrote: And what comes to my personality/lag at home look; i look like a combination between Amemiya Hotaru and Park Gae In XDDD

Same here! :D It was so easy to find myself in Hotaru that it was almost scary... I just don't drink beer that much... :P

Anyways, interesting topic. I think that I haven't really copied anything particular from dramas but in general I think my style has become more feminine and that's partly because of the beautiful and cute, well-dressed girls I see in dramas. Plus, I started to watch drama when I was in France where people in average dress more fashionably than, for instance, in Finland. Thus I think I had a sort of overload of well-dressed, fashionable people everywhere (in streets and on screen) so I got the urge to dress more prettily as well.

Nowadays, I wear skirts more often and I pay a bit more attention to my looks and put on some make up just when I go to uni. I don't think there's anything bad, after all, you feel more condifent when you know you don't look like a scarecrow. :) (Well, I still sometimes look like scarecrow if I feel crappy and don't feel like dressing up, then I just don't care... :P)

Oh, one more thing: I always thought that cell phone straps are useless, stupid and childish things but after I've seen even guys using them in almost every drama I've seen (they always have super cool and newest phones but well just look who is finanzing the dramas) I started to think that they aren't that bad after all and lately I put one on my cell phone just to try it out (although I feel a bit ashamed and keep hiding it but I don't want to take it off either... :P)
ephefam wrote: Same here! :D It was so easy to find myself in Hotaru that it was almost scary... I just don't drink beer that much... :P

Anyways, interesting topic. I think that I haven't really copied anything particular from dramas but in general I think my style has become more feminine and that's partly because of the beautiful and cute, well-dressed girls I see in dramas. Plus, I started to watch drama when I was in France where people in average dress more fashionably than, for instance, in Finland. Thus I think I had a sort of overload of well-dressed, fashionable people everywhere (in streets and on screen) so I got the urge to dress more prettily as well.

Nowadays, I wear skirts more often and I pay a bit more attention to my looks and put on some make up just when I go to uni. I don't think there's anything bad, after all, you feel more condifent when you know you don't look like a scarecrow. :) (Well, I still sometimes look like scarecrow if I feel crappy and don't feel like dressing up, then I just don't care... :P)

Oh, one more thing: I always thought that cell phone straps are useless, stupid and childish things but after I've seen even guys using them in almost every drama I've seen (they always have super cool and newest phones but well just look who is finanzing the dramas) I started to think that they aren't that bad after all and lately I put one on my cell phone just to try it out (although I feel a bit ashamed and keep hiding it but I don't want to take it off either... :P)

OMO u're also from Finland?
lol i'm so like Amemiya also. at home i wear sweats a LOT and i can be a slob, my computer desk is always full of junk lol.

i have a charm on my cellphone and i love it. it actually helps me not drop it lol. my last phone didn't have a clip for it so when i got my new one i made sure it had one lol. my mother in law even brought the charm back from Japan for me, it's a little Geisha figurine. and i have all these asian style decals for my phone too. people say it looks like a toy lol.
Minii wrote: front bangs style in the pic which rika shared cant suit ANYONE..

i have that hair cut. lol. i've had sharply cut front bangs for about 2 yrs now. my hair is a lil shorter than the model in the pic cuz i cut it a few months ago but it's growing back quickly. i am black so i have to relax/ chemically straighten my hair and cut my bangs every 6 weeks. and my face is kinda round so the bangs goes perfectly with me. i even tried to grow out the bangs last year but i thought i don't look like me anymore (weird huh). my little sis tells me i look like a blackanese when i put my hair in a high ponytail.